Toddler advice thread #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely loved the new born stage 🥹
me too! It was the best. I absolutely loved my maternity leave with my baby. To be fair I had a pretty chilled baby and husband was great and very hands on, he’d be up with all the night feeds and i’d get lie in’s.

having a good partner makes all the difference in your parenting journey I think.

Reactions: 5
Love my 2nd newborn haha, I’ll take getting up a few times a night compared to toddler tantrums any day.

Reactions: 1
I think it is definitely a control thing. I am trying really hard to offer her options, and I'm also trying really hard not to get angry at her and just breathe.
I've also seen the thing about regulation, I think that definitely applies to her and I think it's just how she gets herself ready for sleep. Just frustrating when I'm trying to put her pjs on!

It's nice to vent and have others who understand

So sick of the power struggles between my three year old and her dad. Apparently I’m not firm enough with her. But all he does is threaten to take her things away. We had a baby 10 days ago, now is not the time to be forcing her to eat “one more bite” for a bit of jelly. We’ve never done that! I think he’s finding it hard now he’s doing a lot more of the parenting but we’ve had so many conversations and time to practice setting boundaries. No point to this post just doing my head in

Reactions: 8
My husband clashes most with our 4yo. He is a very calm, patient man, and hasn’t ever had many rough moments with the older two. But he and 4yo have a row at least once a day. I’ve asked him over and over to try and do things differently and he just refuses.

Reactions: 2
That’s what’s so frustrating isn’t it! Doing the same thing over and over. He either wins in the short term or makes her cry and backs down. Not great outcomes either way but he won’t listen to me. Especially annoying when he takes his winning as an example of how great his parenting is

Got a poorly toddler today he had a cough over night and was coughing this morning, ate some weetabix for his breakfast and was completely fine and happy for like an hour and a half then all of a sudden coughed, heaved then threw up all of weetabix then he’s been sad ever since, just really quiet and feeling sorry for himself. not ate anything since just a couple of ritz crackers. he’s had an hour and a half nap and he’s woke up and threw up again just clear liquid. he cried bless him and has just been sat on the couch very quiet not even watching his tablet or the tele. Bless him! i hate it when he’s not well never know what to do

Oh bless him. Every time mine has a cough he’s always sick in his bed during the night. And always cries. It’s horrible. I feel like we barely slept last night. He’s got a cough and snotty nose. I took him to my parents and he was ok but got really ratty. We went for a walk and then just come home now and he’s fine. He’s just so moody when he’s not well. Takes jt out on me . Also hasn’t eaten very much either. Hope yours is ok

Aw bless i hope yours is ok too! Mine is always sick as well when he’s got a cough. i half expected it to be last night through the night when he’d be sick not this morning. He’s just so quiet, he’s lying on the couch staring into space, his tablet is next to him and he’s not even bothering with it! Usually he’d be playing bloody Morphle non stop

Bless him Maybe he’s tired. Mines ok now we’ve come home. I tried putting a jumper on him at my mums and he kicked offff bad. He’s smiling and happy now

Bless him Maybe he’s tired. Mines ok now we’ve come home. I tried putting a jumper on him at my mums and he kicked offff bad. He’s smiling and happy now
don’t they cry over the silliest of things sometimes! mine cried yesterday cos the mcflurry i gave him was ‘too cold’ and told me to put it in the microwave

Oh man, got a sick kiddo again, for what feels like the millionth time this year.
She woke up yesterday with a stonking cold and cough, was supposed to be spending the night at nanny and grandad's last night and promptly threw up everywhere from coughing too much, literally 10 mins after we left her
We've not had a full night sleep since Xmas, and I can't see it getting better any time soon

Reactions: 4
I feel you!! . There’s so many bloody bugs around lately. One after another. My fella said other day wow he’s nearly done a full term. He is always sick at least once a term
Hope things start picking up for you
I feel like I’ve aged loads in the last year due to lack of sleep

Reactions: 3
We’ve also all got colds here It had been a good 2/3 weeks without any illness which is shocking in the winter

Another one with a coughing child here we also had spew in the bed at 11pm, not sure I can ever eat spag bol again

Reactions: 4
Mine is at the top of the stairs crying and shouting cos I took action man’s boot off him that he put in his mouth and gagged on!!! How dare I

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.