Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My little one has broke his arm at nursery. I can’t bloody believe it. We’ve been in hospital since 2 pm yesterday and still not had an op. we’re next on the list

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
Currently in hospital with a very poorly mini Pillows after her chickenpox got infected.
This is the worst I've ever seen her, and the first time we've actually been admitted to childrens ward. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy right now 😭
She had a temp of 41.5 which is why we came in. She's having IV antibiotics and paracetamol.

Just wanted to whinge basically about how unfair this all feels and how I really don't feel Christmassy right now 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

LongishCat

VIP Member
I just need to rant about my friend. I love her to bits but I feel like we’re really clashing lately. She’s out spoken and quite bolshy. She has two kids her oldest is a month younger than mine. I feel I should stress she didn’t birth the babies her girlfriend did. They used a sperm donor. She’s made a few digs that mine is clingy cos I let him sleep in my bed. She said them going in their own room is part of growing up / gaining independence. And she also said if you put them to bed awake they’re less likely to be clingy during the night. She’s said before as well that I should get him out of my bed before he goes to school. Why does it matter where he sleeps as long as me him and my partner are ok with it. . I always feel inferior to her cos mine is quite clingy. Doesn’t sleep in his own room and isn’t a little genius like her daughter. I can’t really get this off my chest to anyone else. My other friend knows her and I feel she would take her side too just cos of her parenting style. I mentioned it to my fella and he said tell her to do 1 all kids are different 😂😂. I’m not sure why it bothers me so much. But mine actually sleeps really well most of the time. Just the other week he kept waking up but touch wood he’s slept well for the last two and she’s always moaning she’s hardly slept. Parenting is so hard sometimes. I don’t really know what the point of this was. I just wanted to get it written down somewhere 😂.
So I don't usually comment here, as my daughter isn't a toddler yet, but reading ahead you know.
Others have already said you shouldn't feel bad. Every kid is different and you should do what feels best for you and your family, what other people do isn't important.

However, I want to genuinely ask you why you "should stress she didn't birth the baby". Why does that matter? Are dads less important as they didn't birth a baby? Are people who adopt less knowledgeable because they didn't birth their kids? I really don't get it. I don't ask this to cause a scene. It's just sad to see how much stigma same sex couples still have to deal with, in this day and age.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

Meg78

VIP Member
Ahh a thread to take refuge in whilst hiding from the tiny demon in my house! Why do they wake up and choose violence, why?? I’ll lovingly create snacks, set up playtime, be as attentive and gentle as I can possibly be and get rewarded with headbutts, flying kicks to the throat and inconsolable sobbing because we asked for the banana to be opened and then cried because it’s open 🤦🏻‍♀️

I thought I’d ace being a stay at home mum, all healthy lunches and playgroups and going to visit the duckies at the pond, I had no clue that “threenager” is code for “violent psychopathic abuser you aren’t legally allowed to walk away from” but then, if you knew back then just how soul destroying some of these days could be, would you have signed up? I knew that tantrums and upsets would be involved but I had no idea the level of violence and enjoyment at being violent towards me would be involved in raising a small human at this point, I feel like this is the new PPI claim, I was missold!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

Jellybean093

VIP Member
We did a 4 hour flight to Cyprus in the summer with a 2.5 year old. I was hoping she'd sleep on the plane but we got like 30 mins each way at most. :ROFLMAO:
Her nanny was sat behind us (that's my mum, not hired help :LOL:) and she loved just popping her head up over the seat and saying Hi. I think the only thing we really used on the plane to keep her occupied was food and her Amazon tablet! I know some people don't like screens but I really did not want her running up and down the aisle and having to keep my eyes on where she was, so she sat in the middle between me and her dad and just played games/watched a film.
It went miles better than expected (in fact, the whole holiday was a breeze compared to being at home!)
The only people who don’t like screen time are people that don’t have kids 👀

PleaS don’t get offended if you have kids and don’t give screen time. The iPad is my childminder x

• Haha

WhatABore

VIP Member
awwww!! My daughter is how you described yours in the first paragraph!🤣

hope everyone is well!

@WhatABore how is your daughter doing after her hospital stay?
She's getting there, thank you!
Her main issue is getting her strength back now, she gets really tired from around 2pm and she's slowly getting strength back in her legs. She lost so much muscle from her legs she couldn't even get up the stairs.
She's always had quite chunky thighs but her leggings just hang off her now!
She's got another week off and then she's back to school but just for an hour and a half every morning so she isn't missing phonics!

She's got a school trip for a Christmas event on the 29th and they've said I can go too in my own car if I like, so she isn't missing out! That way, if she gets too tired, I can take her home at any point.
Works out fine for me too as it's an hour drive but it's where I grew up 😂 so I know everywhere anyway!

Thank you for asking ❤

• Heart

Meg78

VIP Member
Midnight. House is dark and silent, all is peaceful….. and suddenly, full volume, a tiny voice yells through the monitor “SURPRIIIIIIISE!!!!”

And this is my villain origin story

• Haha

shoppingismycardio

Chatty Member
Just needed to come here and rant anonymously
My 2.5 year old is soooooo full on at the moment. She just has no chill, she can’t ever sit still, she’s on the go from the second she wakes up until she goes to bed, constantly getting at things she shouldn’t, emptying drawers and cupboards etc
We take her out pretty much every day and interact with her a lot and follow her lead in terms of play but she will be happily playing one min then the next she will run off and be in the kitchen emptying a draw before we can blink

Not necessarily after advice, just wanted somewhere to vent anonymously as I’m just really not enjoying this stage tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 12

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Omg mine did this once. I put him in bed for the night as he wouldn’t wake up either. And he woke up at like 730🤣🤣🤣.
stop it 🤣🤣 i woke up him lol cos i was worried he’d wake up at 10.30 or something and start raving. he jumped off the couch and went ‘cereal please, nursery soon’ and thought it was morning! then he called me naughty for waking him up and said he didn’t want my silly spaghetti 🙃🤣

• Haha

Megatron1298

VIP Member
You know what sucks. When you don’t like the version of yourself you were today. I was a shouty short tempered tired mum 😢 toddlers who don’t understand that if they just shut the fuck up until I get the baby get to sleep they’ll finally get some undivided attention. Repeat that scenario x4 today. Tomorrow will be better ☹

• Heart
  • Sad

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
this is my toddlers fav bread

0B6224AE-E67A-4DB6-862C-A25CFA5238E4.png

if i walk through the door with anything else he just goes ‘No’

also he dropped a pencil before and said ‘fucking heck’ 😭 i said to my fella ‘dunno where he’s got the heck from cos i say fucking hell’ 😂

• Haha

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Hello all, parent here to a very demanding 2yo and a placid 5yo. Think if the 2yo had come first we would have stopped at one 😂

A bit of a deep query but how are people doing with finding themselves again post-motherhood? I was very late to the idea of having children. It was definitely not something I had in my life plan at all, not even as a "will maybe do that someday."

I find parenting extremely exhausting and enjoy working as a break from this. At the moment I work PT whilst Mr B works FT. He seems to have more energy than me and still finds time for many hobbies and interests whilst most of mine had faded away. Unfortunately evenings are the only time I have to spend on myself and usually I'm in bed by 9pn because I'm so shattered. Both kids are in bed by 7.30pm and usually asleep by 8pm. That leaves the window of an hour of sorting out what needs done from the day plus getting ready for the next.

I know this isn't toddler centric but I'm really resenting the time Mr B has had to grow professionally as well as doing other hobbies. I do say my only hobby is reading but that's purely because it's easy to do around the children. We use grandparents for childcare whilst I'm working and there's no-one else that can babysit really.

What I suppose I'm asking is has anyone else encountered this and what have they done to overcome it?

• Heart

LittleMissSassyPants

Just wanted to nip in here and say thank you to those of you who gave me advice a couple of days ago when I was struggling - since then I have come down with a cold and I think this is what little one has had and therefore she's been more irritable and just not cooperating at all. She did complain her head hurt last week before bed but she had calpol and went to sleep and never mentioned it again so I guess she has been feeling poorly but not known how to vocalise it. She hasn't had any cough or cold symptoms until today but her behaviour has been so much better and even though I'm not feeling great I at least know what's been causing it all so I feel so much better just for that!

I don't have any friends with any children who are at a similar stage or age so I'm definitely going to come in this thread more often I found it so helpful, thank you all x

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
Does anyone else make meal after meal if their child doesn’t eat much of the one they’ve had for tea? My daughters asked for a picky tea, ham, grapes, crackers and garlic bread. She ate 2 slices of garlic bread and spat the ham out 🥴 so I’ve just made her sausages, veg and eggs .. i really hate the thought of her going hungry and if she wakes up at 4am wanting food im the only one up with her. I know I shouldn’t and im not teaching her anything by making her more food if she doesn’t eat the first lot but she really is so fussy 🙈
I don't, personally 😂
If they don't eat it, they go hungry.
I'm the mean one haha.
If they get up at 4am complaining they're hungry, they're also sent back to bed and told that's what happens when they don't eat their dinner 🤣

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
He had an ice lolly. There was 1 lick left and it’s ‘I don’t like it. It’s cold’
this reminds me of the other day, my toddler put his hand in the bath and went ‘Mummy! my hands wet!’ i felt like saying no shit sherlock you’ve just put it in the bath 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
Feeling a bit sad tonight. Well, more than just a bit.
Feel like the shittest mum in the world, with mini P still in a cot and still not toilet trained and she'll be 3 in a few weeks. Just really beating myself up about it. She's bright as a button, recognises numbers and letters, speaks full sentences but just can't quite get the big stuff. And I feel it's my fault 😭
And I proper shouted at her tonight when she asked to go in her bed for her sleep, then just kept getting out a million times, and I got really frustrated.
Feel like she would be better off without me. 😔

• Heart

honey&lemon

VIP Member
Glad to read all the posts here about how full on they are at the minute. I am so exhausted. Since the 20th December I’ve had a total of 2 hours child free. We don’t have any help really so when they’re off school it’s just us

It’s ALL the questions. Not joking I’ve been asked ‘why?’ easily 50 times a day. And the constant talking gibberish. Never sitting still even for 5 minutes. Bedtimes have been awful all this week too so not much downtime in the evenings.

Roll on Tuesday:eek:

• Heart

ohnoshedidntdidshe

Any advice for potty training a 3 year old who is non-verbal?

My daughter had a stroke at birth which has left her with a large area of brain damage on the left side of her brain (where speech is developed and where controls the muscles in the right side of her body).

She isn’t able to tell me when she needs a wee/poo and also isn’t able to pull her trousers/pants down and up herself.

I’m hopeful that one day she will overcome her speech delay and find her own way of navigating her clothes… she’s so determined and fiesty I can’t ever see her disability getting the better of her.

I’m just very conscious that I’m a couple of weeks she is starting pre-school and most will be potty trained. We sit her on the potty regularly and talk to her about it but how much she understands is hard to tell. She’s never actually done anything on the potty so we haven’t been able to do the over the top celebration 🎉 which we did with her big brother.

• Heart

Magnolia4

I just had a little cry. My husband went out to his training (he does martial arts) and everything feels overwhelming. Nothing particular, the 2.5 year old is playing nicely and I just put the baby down for a nap, but sometimes it’d just be nice to not be needed for everything 24/7. I’m so grateful for my children, my husband keeps asking “ tell me what we should change” but it’s one of these things where there’s no real solution? It’s just how it is, being a mom I guess 🤷‍♀️ Like how can he not notice the baby needs a diaper change? Or the oldest needs her nose cleaned 🙄 I don’t know, no real point to this rant haha, we’ve discussed such things several times and he always says he’ll be better. I just wished sometimes I could be the dad 🥴 they’ll never really get it I guess…

• Heart
  • Sad

SwizzleMalarkey

VIP Member
Trying to embrace the chaos because I know that I’ll miss stepping over 100m of racing track in the kitchen and little hands building duplo towers in front of the tv in ten years time when my son is playing his games console and doesn’t want to speak to me… but that’s easier said than done when you’ve just stood on a hot wheels car and almost broken your ankle 😆

• Heart
  • Haha