Toddler advice thread #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First night in the big girl bed tonight 😬 she's done two naps in it now, so we're giving it a go!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
How’s yours getting on with her potty training now? Is she ok 😁
she’s cracked it, no accidents but sometimes she struggles to get her knickers and leggings down in time. Today she forgot about her knickers and she had an accident but she was on the potty. I’ve no concerns she’s done amazing! 🙌☺

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My three year old has his jabs today. It’s been ages since I took his for his last ones. Do I give him calpol before or after

• Heart
Reactions: 1
my 2.5 yo hasn’t napped all day and just suddenly fell asleep watching tv at 10 to 5! this has never happened before 😅 what do i do! i tried giving him a 10 min power nap but he won’t get up! he’s fast asleep 😅

Reactions: 2
my 2.5 yo hasn’t napped all day and just suddenly fell asleep watching tv at 10 to 5! this has never happened before 😅 what do i do! i tried giving him a 10 min power nap but he won’t get up! he’s fast asleep 😅
Omg mine did this once. I put him in bed for the night as he wouldn’t wake up either. And he woke up at like 730🤣🤣🤣.

• Haha
Omg mine did this once. I put him in bed for the night as he wouldn’t wake up either. And he woke up at like 730🤣🤣🤣.
stop it 🤣🤣 i woke up him lol cos i was worried he’d wake up at 10.30 or something and start raving. he jumped off the couch and went ‘cereal please, nursery soon’ and thought it was morning! then he called me naughty for waking him up and said he didn’t want my silly spaghetti 🙃🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
stop it 🤣🤣 i woke up him lol cos i was worried he’d wake up at 10.30 or something and start raving. he jumped off the couch and went ‘cereal please, nursery soon’ and thought it was morning! then he called me naughty for waking him up and said he didn’t want my silly spaghetti 🙃🤣
At least he’s up thank god 🙈🙈. Think mine stopped naps around that age !

At least he’s up thank god 🙈🙈. Think mine stopped naps around that age !
i thought he was really cos he hadn’t had a nap for about 4 days and has managed to power through till about 7pm but i turned my back for 5 mins before and he was asleep on the sofa! couldn’t believe it 🤣

• Haha
i thought he was really cos he hadn’t had a nap for about 4 days and has managed to power through till about 7pm but i turned my back for 5 mins before and he was asleep on the sofa! couldn’t believe it 🤣
Hahaha I remember mine fell asleep on the sofa with the lights on and tv on usually he only likes to sleep in pitch black silence.

He’s not well after his jabs 😳. Had to pick him up from nursery at 12

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Hahaha I remember mine fell asleep on the sofa with the lights on and tv on usually he only likes to sleep in pitch black silence.

He’s not well after his jabs 😳. Had to pick him up from nursery at 12
oh bless him!! it’s sad how poorly they get after their jabs. hopefully after some cuddles and a nice sleep he is better tomorrow

Having a bit of a mare. We're back to the coughing and vomiting at night because she's ill, yet again.
Last night was horrible, she was so distressed every time she coughed she cried because I think she's scared of being sick.
It's breaking my heart but also bloody annoying as we've literally just moved her to a bed and she's slept in it by herself for a grand total of two nights :LOL: I actually love having her in with us, but I know people say not to do it?!
We've got a doctors appointment next week, just to check her over as she's ill virtually all the time and never 100%. She snores like a freight train at night, even when she's not poorly, so I'm wondering if it's her adenoids or something?
Ugh, just hate all this. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Having a bit of a mare. We're back to the coughing and vomiting at night because she's ill, yet again.
Last night was horrible, she was so distressed every time she coughed she cried because I think she's scared of being sick.
It's breaking my heart but also bloody annoying as we've literally just moved her to a bed and she's slept in it by herself for a grand total of two nights :LOL: I actually love having her in with us, but I know people say not to do it?!
We've got a doctors appointment next week, just to check her over as she's ill virtually all the time and never 100%. She snores like a freight train at night, even when she's not poorly, so I'm wondering if it's her adenoids or something?
It's awful seeing them ill.

My 4yo is sick so often when she coughs. Whenever she gets a cold, we have to go change her bed 3 or 4 times a night sometimes!

my little boy is the same. i hate it when i know there’s a cold coming because i know he will be sick and he cries so much when he is sick it makes me upset!

with the bed sharing. i almost always bed share when he is ill, even if he just has a bad night. he has more nights in his own bed but i don’t begrudge if he does get in mine, i know people say it’s a rod for your own back but i see it as, what 18 year old stays on bed with their Mum 🤪 they’ll grow out of it eventually if it does stick

Reactions: 5
People say not to have them in your bed? Mine is three and sleeps with me every night. Has done since he was 12 months old I can’t get rid of him 🤣🤣😭. I’m going to try in the Xmas hols to get him into his own room. Currently doing it up Dino themed in hope he’ll love it

Mine is always sick when he was a cough. I’ve changed the bedding at 3 am before now. Have you got any snuffle babe to put on If she’s snotty?? I’d try Sitting her up a bit with a few pillows. My friend recommended giving hers honey when she had a bad cough but I’ve never done this. Can’t they only have honey at a certain age?

People say not to have them in your bed? Mine is three and sleeps with me every night. Has done since he was 12 months old I can’t get rid of him 🤣🤣😭. I’m going to try in the Xmas hols to get him into his own room. Currently doing it up Dino themed in hope he’ll love it

Mine is always sick when he was a cough. I’ve changed the bedding at 3 am before now. Have you got any snuffle babe to put on If she’s snotty?? I’d try Sitting her up a bit with a few pillows. My friend recommended giving hers honey when she had a bad cough but I’ve never done this. Can’t they only have honey at a certain age?
honey not allowed till after 1!

Mines slept with me since 4 months. Got her a small double bed for her room when she turned 2 and I now sleep in there with her. Get more sleep than in my own bed as my partner snores like a walrus 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.