Toddler advice thread #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine is like this - sometimes my husband travels for work and she does ask where he is but it doesn’t really faze her. He often sends little videos saying good morning/night night and she watches them but they don’t get much reaction. I made the mistake of doing the same thing the other morning when I had an early start and I got a very unhappy video back saying “why aren’t you here, I want you home” husband said she cried half the morning when she woke up. It’s gut wrenching but you have to move on and they will get used to it!

I mean she used to refer to my husband (her dad) as “the other one” so sometimes they can be so full on for one parent. It’s a lot!
Omg that last bit is so funny. Your poor husband. Mine took his mum to Ireland last year and i face timed him and put my little boy on and he ended the call 🤣🤣. Each time he was never interested in talking to him. 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My son is 3 next month, this past week his tantrums have been off the scale. i don’t know what’s caused the change in him but he has got well worse and it’s stressing me out. he just never seems happy! and i’ve started a new job after being a sahm the last two years this last month, and i feel like i’m coming home at 2:30 to him just being angry and full of tantrums till bedtime and it upsets me. I just can’t figure out what’s up with him 😭😭 nursery say hes an angel lol but just don’t know why he’s so tantrum-ey at home
I mean, that’s a HUGE lifestyle change for him so it’s no wonder that he’s struggling to deal with it. It’s a change to daily routine, and maybe more time at childcare where they usually are on best behaviour, which takes up sooo much energy. Then when we get them back to their safe space they are exhausted from holding it all in and release it all on us. It’s not nice for us. But equally can’t be nice for them to feel like that either.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You know what sucks… when your toddler finally starts sleeping past 7am but you have a baby so you’re up by then already 😭 he actually slept till 8.15 the other day which was the longest ever. Plot twist, he does his best sleep ins in my bed where he demands to be from about midnight 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Mini Pillows is waking early hours of the morning and crying asking to come in to our bed. I relented last night as I just wanted sleep.
I guess it's stupid to ask for any tips, I suppose the only options are leave her to cry and hope she goes back to sleep or just let her in 😬 Or try just sitting with her until she goes back off but I tried that last night and 15 mins later she was still awake, just staring at me. Hoping it's just a phase haha. I don't actually have a problem with her coming in with us, though she is fidgety.

Mini Pillows is waking early hours of the morning and crying asking to come in to our bed. I relented last night as I just wanted sleep.
I guess it's stupid to ask for any tips, I suppose the only options are leave her to cry and hope she goes back to sleep or just let her in 😬 Or try just sitting with her until she goes back off but I tried that last night and 15 mins later she was still awake, just staring at me. Hoping it's just a phase haha. I don't actually have a problem with her coming in with us, though she is fidgety.
Mine sleeps in my bloody bed every night. I have no tips. I’m soft and can’t stand him crying. He gets so worked up and Would start gasping and hiccuping even when I was still in the room and in the doorway

• Heart
You know what sucks… when your toddler finally starts sleeping past 7am but you have a baby so you’re up by then already 😭 he actually slept till 8.15 the other day which was the longest ever. Plot twist, he does his best sleep ins in my bed where he demands to be from about midnight 🥲
Do you have the baby in bed with you too? I had mine 6 days ago and he’s been in bed with me while my daughter sleeps in her double bed with her dad. Think she’s feeling a bit pushed out but not sure how I’d manage two in there.

• Heart
Mine does this but it's different times each night. Last night was midnight. She wakes up crying saying mummy and I just let her in. Not sure what else to do! I haven't got the energy to take her to bed and wait for her to go back to sleep.

Mine does this but it's different times each night. Last night was midnight. She wakes up crying saying mummy and I just let her in. Not sure what else to do! I haven't got the energy to take her to bed and wait for her to go back to sleep.
I say cherish it cos one day they won’t even wanna speak to us and will be slamming their bed room doors in our faces 😂😂

Yup, my only tip is to get a double bed in her room so at least you’re both comfortable.

I attended a webinar on sleep for children. I didn’t really realise but the woman giving the talk was a gentle parenting expert (which because I’m an absolute push over puppy I follow) and she noted that many other cultures just have a family sleep room where everyone sleeps in the same place - western culture where we give everyone their own rooms from very young is kind of on its own in that way. So excuse me, I’m off to take down some walls in our upstairs….

Do you have the baby in bed with you too? I had mine 6 days ago and he’s been in bed with me while my daughter sleeps in her double bed with her dad. Think she’s feeling a bit pushed out but not sure how I’d manage two in there.
Yup, and my husband normally gives up and goes to the spare bed. If my toddler had a bigger bed I think it would make things a lot easier as he would just sleep with him from there. I do wonder if it’s due to the baby that he wants to be in here too.

I don’t mind, except for when he wakes up when I’m feeding the baby. Gets right in the babies face and goes WHAT ARE YOU DOING 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Nice to know I'm not the only pushover :ROFLMAO: She has a European single bed, so it's not too bad, one of us can just about squish in with her.
I didn't know much about babies/toddlers before I had her and I guess I naively thought that by 3 she would be a reliable sleeper :LOL:

Nice to know I'm not the only pushover :ROFLMAO: She has a European single bed, so it's not too bad, one of us can just about squish in with her.
I didn't know much about babies/toddlers before I had her and I guess I naively thought that by 3 she would be a reliable sleeper :LOL:
I think a lot of kids don’t sleep you just don’t hear about it.

Reactions: 2
I think if they sleep well in your bed just embrace the cuddles, they will grow out of it eventually anyway. I don’t have my son in with us because he won’t sleep in our bed as he thinks it’s play time! 🙈 Wish he would!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I dunno what’s up with mine lately. He isn’t sleeping great. He keeps waking up 2/3am until 4/5 am which makes it very hard work to get up for work at 6. Then he’s a nightmare in the evenings doesn’t wanna eat his tea!! He refused tea tonight. Last night I made it at 5 didn’t want it. Pushing me in kitchen at 6 for tea. Tonight doesn’t want anything. But he has good meals at nursery so I don’t need to worry about malnourishment 😂. He used to sleep 630/630. Now he just keeps waking. I’ve tried later bed times. Sometimes works sometimes doesn’t. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
I dunno what’s up with mine lately. He isn’t sleeping great. He keeps waking up 2/3am until 4/5 am which makes it very hard work to get up for work at 6. Then he’s a nightmare in the evenings doesn’t wanna eat his tea!! He refused tea tonight. Last night I made it at 5 didn’t want it. Pushing me in kitchen at 6 for tea. Tonight doesn’t want anything. But he has good meals at nursery so I don’t need to worry about malnourishment 😂. He used to sleep 630/630. Now he just keeps waking. I’ve tried later bed times. Sometimes works sometimes doesn’t. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
He may be waking because he's hungry?

Is there something going on he’s adjusting to?
The constant wake ups are excruciating.

• Sad
My daughters 3rd birthday today. Had a lovely day out, in the car on the way home she said my head hurts and I presumed she’s just got a headache/feeling abit icky as it’s been a long day.

We got home and she was fast asleep by half 5😩😩😩😩😩 she’s woke up for a drink on and off and to top it off the monitor charger has broke so I’m having to leave my door open so I can hear her. I’m PRAYING she doesn’t wake up at 4am🤣🤣🤣 also…. Doesn’t time fly! How is she 3!!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.