Toddler Advice Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My groclock never turns yellow, unless you press it?! It’s always been like this, so has never worked for us. 3yo is scared of it as well 😭
That's strange 🤔

You usually bring the settings up...
Go onto the star and choose the time you want it to go yellow... And then there's also a sun... Which can be used for nap times but we set them both for the same time incase I do the wrong one at night.

And then you press the button, pick the star or Sun and press the middle button, it'll go blue and it should then change back to yellow at the time you set in the settings

That's strange 🤔

You usually bring the settings up...
Go onto the star and choose the time you want it to go yellow... And then there's also a sun... Which can be used for nap times but we set them both for the same time incase I do the wrong one at night.

And then you press the button, pick the star or Sun and press the middle button, it'll go blue and it should then change back to yellow at the time you set in the settings
I’ve done it all! It just stays blue. But not with the stars, just the time. I don’t think I’m explaining it very well 😂

Can anyone recommend any games for my daughter who is nearly 3 on App Store? She likes CBeebies and number blocks but some I’ve downloaded for her you have to pay to get the full version and it’s such a con 😂 she’s claimed my iPad that I got from me to me 😂

Can anyone recommend any games for my daughter who is nearly 3 on App Store? She likes CBeebies and number blocks but some I’ve downloaded for her you have to pay to get the full version and it’s such a con 😂 she’s claimed my iPad that I got from me to me 😂
has she got CBeebies playtime island on it? There’s loads on there! I like the go explore app and story app too, the CBeebies ones

My 4yo loves all the talking Tom games

Anyone else’s child been giddy AF today 🥴. Mines just gone to sleep now. He’s sooooo tired and just been bouncing on the bed. Laughing at me when I told him off… wouldn’t let me put his pj bottoms on ( I won I wasn’t giving up 😂 ) just been silly today 🫠🫠

Reactions: 2
Anyone else’s child been giddy AF today 🥴. Mines just gone to sleep now. He’s sooooo tired and just been bouncing on the bed. Laughing at me when I told him off… wouldn’t let me put his pj bottoms on ( I won I wasn’t giving up 😂 ) just been silly today 🫠🫠
yes!!! My child has been wild today 😂 can’t wait for him to go to bed in a min

• Heart
Yes but that's just every day around here!!

I did say this in the baby thread but 3yo woke up at 3am and wouldn't go back to sleep today because she was too excited to go to "grandad's party".
Now it's her grandad's birthday today and we were invited round for lunch, literally just soup and to hang out, nothing special, but because when we said goodbye to them a few days ago he jokingly said "see you at my party on Sunday!" she took that very literally so woke up at 3am ready to party 😱 I could have killed him 🤣

Luckily for me my poor husband has to deal with toddler at night while I deal with baby so I got a luxurious 5am wake up!

3yo has just gone to sleep and didn't nap all day, god knows how she's kept going!

• Heart
Yes but that's just every day around here!!

I did say this in the baby thread but 3yo woke up at 3am and wouldn't go back to sleep today because she was too excited to go to "grandad's party".
Now it's her grandad's birthday today and we were invited round for lunch, literally just soup and to hang out, nothing special, but because when we said goodbye to them a few days ago he jokingly said "see you at my party on Sunday!" she took that very literally so woke up at 3am ready to party 😱 I could have killed him 🤣

Luckily for me my poor husband has to deal with toddler at night while I deal with baby so I got a luxurious 5am wake up!

3yo has just gone to sleep and didn't nap all day, god knows how she's kept going!
Mine doesn’t nap now and hasn’t for ages and god it’s so hard work 🫢. I look forward to bed time so much sometimes how bad is that. I feel terrible for it but he just noneeeeee stop. Also was up at 230 last night. I nipped for a wee & he came with me 🫠. He’s not usually this bad I just hate it when he laughs at me 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My little one is dropping his nap I think. Takes absolutely ages to get him for a nap but last few days we’ve skipped it cos it’s too hard work. And he takes ages to go to bed of a night time

it does get a lot when their absolutely wild all day😅

Reactions: 1
Mine doesn’t nap now and hasn’t for ages and god it’s so hard work 🫢. I look forward to bed time so much sometimes how bad is that. I feel terrible for it but he just noneeeeee stop. Also was up at 230 last night. I nipped for a wee & he came with me 🫠. He’s not usually this bad I just hate it when he laughs at me 🙈
Oh yeah I mean she hasn't napped regularly since she was 18m but I thought having been up since 3am that she would have crashed this afternoon!

We all look forward to bedtime sometimes, in fact most days I do, even if I've had a brilliant day with them I just want a couple of hours where no one is saying "Mum, mum, mummy, mummy, mummy, MUM!"

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My three year old stopped napping at 15 months. She was a terrible sleeper but us good now, although I do stay with her til she’s asleep and sleep in her bed 🤣

Oh yeah I mean she hasn't napped regularly since she was 18m but I thought having been up since 3am that she would have crashed this afternoon!

We all look forward to bedtime sometimes, in fact most days I do, even if I've had a brilliant day with them I just want a couple of hours where no one is saying "Mum, mum, mummy, mummy, mummy, MUM!"
God that must be hard going. He dropped his naps around 2 and. A half I think. It’s sooo much better cos he goes to bed earlier and really quick. But it makes the day long ! Especially cos he gets up almost every day before 7!! 🙈

What’s even normal for a toddler tantrum. My 2yo has gone absolutely irate as I forced him into his sleeping bag for a nap. He has the choice of blankets or a sleeping bag but today he was just not staying in bed with the blankets and I was just at my wits end (both me and baby are sick). This is after on the weekend he had a mammoth tantrum screaming for 1.5 hours of a car ride home because we left a birthday party. We do all the normal prepping for what’s coming like leaving, I always give him options. But quite honestly I am just exhausted and feel like there had to be an easier way to not always be fighting him on everything 😩

• Heart
What’s even normal for a toddler tantrum. My 2yo has gone absolutely irate as I forced him into his sleeping bag for a nap. He has the choice of blankets or a sleeping bag but today he was just not staying in bed with the blankets and I was just at my wits end (both me and baby are sick). This is after on the weekend he had a mammoth tantrum screaming for 1.5 hours of a car ride home because we left a birthday party. We do all the normal prepping for what’s coming like leaving, I always give him options. But quite honestly I am just exhausted and feel like there had to be an easier way to not always be fighting him on everything 😩
Does he really need a sleeping bag for a nap? I would have just put long sleeve jammies on and let him have one without and then covered him up with a blanket afterwards. Pick your battles 🤣

I think that sounds pretty normal for a toddler. You’ve just had a new baby and both poorly, he’s adjusting to the change and not able to tell you how he feels. Seems like he’s using these moments to let some of it out. Go easy on yourself and defo pick your battles. It’s so easy to get into a power struggle with toddlers, but if you take a moment and think about it a lot of it isn’t worth the battle. Hope you and baby are feeling better soon ❤

Does he really need a sleeping bag for a nap? I would have just put long sleeve jammies on and let him have one without and then covered him up with a blanket afterwards. Pick your battles 🤣
I couldn’t care less other than that he doesn’t climb out of bed when he’s in a sleeping bag 😂

I think that sounds pretty normal for a toddler. You’ve just had a new baby and both poorly, he’s adjusting to the change and not able to tell you how he feels. Seems like he’s using these moments to let some of it out. Go easy on yourself and defo pick your battles. It’s so easy to get into a power struggle with toddlers, but if you take a moment and think about it a lot of it isn’t worth the battle. Hope you and baby are feeling better soon ❤
Yeah it’s so difficult isn’t it, we have been giving him so much attention since the baby arrived but I guess he’s still adjusting (aren’t we all!)

my
My daughter, nearly 3.. used to fight with me getting into the sleeping bag for a nap. That’s when I changed to a blanket and she was fine, this sounds blunt but it doesn’t matter if they sleep with blankets or a bag. Your goal is for him to have a nap.. it’s not worth upsetting him and yourself just for the sake of it. I often remind myself things change and I have to be adaptable too as she’s growing up.

the tantrums are normal. My daughter is a nightmare sometimes!!

Reactions: 5
I couldn’t care less other than that he doesn’t climb out of bed when he’s in a sleeping bag 😂

Yeah it’s so difficult isn’t it, we have been giving him so much attention since the baby arrived but I guess he’s still adjusting (aren’t we all!)
Sorry I skim read it. How does he go to sleep does he get out if you sit with him? I know not ideal if you have a baby. I don’t have any other advice cos I only have 1 and I have lost count how many hours I’ve spent beside him getting to him to sleep over the years.

• Heart
Does anyone have any tips for getting my three year old to stay still for his flu vaccine nasal spray?! I honestly find injections easier as it's in and out quickly! He hates anything up his nose.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.