Toddler Advice Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mini A is going through a period of waking up at 5:30am 😭😭😭😵💫 she’s now not scared of the dark anymore and I’ve no idea why she’s up so early, I guess the clocks going back this weekend is gunna mess her up again so I don’t know why I’m writing this post 😂😂😂😂🙄
Omg I had completely forgotten that the clocks go back. My little boy is also in the routine of waking at 530. Does that mean it'll soon be 430? FML!!!!!!

Reactions: 1
Omg I had completely forgotten that the clocks go back. My little boy is also in the routine of waking at 530. Does that mean it'll soon be 430? FML!!!!!!
its an extra hour in bed so it’ll be 6.30 won’t it 🤔 u always found with my 2yo he’d sleep better after the Autumn clock change then worse after the Spring clock change

Reactions: 2
its an extra hour in bed so it’ll be 6.30 won’t it 🤔 u always found with my 2yo he’d sleep better after the Autumn clock change then worse after the Spring clock change
Yeh same !! Cos it’s lighter in the evenings til like 10pm in summer. Whereas when clocks change it’s dark at 5😂 love it when the clocks change

I feel your pain. Mini A has slept rubbish on and off for two weeks! I think we’ve had 1 good night. I’m so tired at my desk, windows open and lots of coffee😵💫 thankfully she’s at her Dads tonight so I can get a full sleep. The day has started before you even start work! Hope you get a better night :(
Enjoy your sleep!

I got home from work about half an hour ago. Having a gin to celebrate 😂

• Heart
Has anyone got any advice. She went to bed later last night and was still up at 5:30am her dad said. Nothing is working and she’s got into that habit of waking up at 5:30am.. 🙃 I was thinking do I set an alarm around that time and shushhh her / white noise in order to try and break the cycle? I’m dreading tonight with the clocks going back 😭

Has anyone got any advice. She went to bed later last night and was still up at 5:30am her dad said. Nothing is working and she’s got into that habit of waking up at 5:30am.. 🙃 I was thinking do I set an alarm around that time and shushhh her / white noise in order to try and break the cycle? I’m dreading tonight with the clocks going back 😭
No advice but it seemed was a phase for us. Lasted a few of months. I tried EVERYTHING. Brought back feeding her in the dark, dummy, black out blinds, no naps before 9:30am Nothing changed, Later bed time, early bed time, shorter naps, changed nap time. It’s like she realised she couldn’t continue 5am with 45 min naps all day with night waking (tummy pain)
We just suddenly started having 1-2 hour naps and waking at 6am. But because I know what’s she’s like I think I’m going to keep her up as late a possible tonight!

No advice but it seemed was a phase for us. Lasted a few of months. I tried EVERYTHING. Brought back feeding her in the dark, dummy, black out blinds, no naps before 9:30am Nothing changed, Later bed time, early bed time, shorter naps, changed nap time. It’s like she realised she couldn’t continue 5am with 45 min naps all day with night waking (tummy pain)
We just suddenly started having 1-2 hour naps and waking at 6am. But because I know what’s she’s like I think I’m going to keep her up as late a possible tonight!
It’s so frustrating isn’t it! She’s stopped napping for a good month now thankfully but my word. 5:30am is so early no matter how early I even go to bed! Then I don’t get an evening 😵💫 I’m hoping it’s just a phase.. 🙃

I’m going to ban drinking after 6:30pm, I wonder if she’s waking up cos she’s needing a wee.. her nappies are dry when she wakes up! Do potty trained kid mums/dads wake their child up for a wee at 10pm?

It’s so frustrating isn’t it! She’s stopped napping for a good month now thankfully but my word. 5:30am is so early no matter how early I even go to bed! Then I don’t get an evening 😵💫 I’m hoping it’s just a phase.. 🙃

I’m going to ban drinking after 6:30pm, I wonder if she’s waking up cos she’s needing a wee.. her nappies are dry when she wakes up! Do potty trained kid mums/dads wake their child up for a wee at 10pm?
Oh toddler Waka started about 11 months and just snapped out of it at 14 months! Sometimes she woke at 4:30-5:00 too. I was a crazy lady accusing my partner of making nose in his sleep but it was actually out of our control. Yeah, It’s SO early. I have given her a pouch and fallen back asleep at times 🙊😩😩
Yes I remember from my nephew he would get taken a couple times in the night!

No, we don’t wake ours. He wouldn’t do it half asleep anyway.

Also still here with 5.30am wake ups at almost 4 🤷🏻‍♀️ can’t wait for tlmorrow

No, we don’t wake ours. He wouldn’t do it half asleep anyway.

Also still here with 5.30am wake ups at almost 4 🤷🏻‍♀️ can’t wait for tlmorrow
Ouch ☹☹☹that’s awful..! I’m convinced it’s a phase, I’m gunna put her to bed at 8pm tonight and see how we get on🫣

Ouch ☹☹☹that’s awful..! I’m convinced it’s a phase, I’m gunna put her to bed at 8pm tonight and see how we get on🫣
Maybe it’s because she’s learning how to use the potty/toilet, when they learn a new skill they always wake early I find

Sometimes putting them to bed earlier actually works. It's worth a try.
They get over tired and sleep worse and wake earlier.

And we've never woke them up to pee.

I know you were considering a gro clock, but may be a good idea?
My 4yo knows to stay in bed until its yellow. And 99% of the time she falls back to sleep

Sometimes putting them to bed earlier actually works. It's worth a try.
They get over tired and sleep worse and wake earlier.

And we've never woke them up to pee.

I know you were considering a gro clock, but may be a good idea?
My 4yo knows to stay in bed until its yellow. And 99% of the time she falls back to sleep
I’m gunna give it one more week and see if it’s just cos she’s learnt a new skill like you said. She went to bed early Thursday night and woke up at 5:30am and then last night went to bed late and still woke up at 5:30am😂😂 KIDS!!!!! I can’t keep falling asleep at my desk so I’m hoping it’s just a phase🫤

I’m gunna give it one more week and see if it’s just cos she’s learnt a new skill like you said. She went to bed early Thursday night and woke up at 5:30am and then last night went to bed late and still woke up at 5:30am😂😂 KIDS!!!!! I can’t keep falling asleep at my desk so I’m hoping it’s just a phase🫤
I also swear by the Gro Clock. My little boy was the worst sleeper and would wake numerous times a night and want to come into our bed. We now set the clock and explained he could only come in when it turned yellow. The first couple of nights we did say he would get a prize if he managed it and it completely worked. He’s nearly 4 now and only since the Gro Clock has he now started sleeping through in his own bed and staying there until the time we have set for his wake up.

I also swear by the Gro Clock. My little boy was the worst sleeper and would wake numerous times a night and want to come into our bed. We now set the clock and explained he could only come in when it turned yellow. The first couple of nights we did say he would get a prize if he managed it and it completely worked. He’s nearly 4 now and only since the Gro Clock has he now started sleeping through in his own bed and staying there until the time we have set for his wake up.
Ahhhh no way. Mini A has always stayed in her room, she’s never been one for coming out of it or even wanting to come into my bed. She will lie there screaming and shouting mummy and I’ve still got the stair gate up outside her room (even though she can unlock it😂).. I’m gunna give it a week cos she’s had a few things going on like potty training and being scared of the dark that only lasted a week😵💫 (kids!!) ..! I think I’ll get the gro clock off vinted or eBay as I am not spending a fortune on anymore night lights/clocks/lights!😂😂😂😂

Ahhhh no way. Mini A has always stayed in her room, she’s never been one for coming out of it or even wanting to come into my bed. She will lie there screaming and shouting mummy and I’ve still got the stair gate up outside her room (even though she can unlock it😂).. I’m gunna give it a week cos she’s had a few things going on like potty training and being scared of the dark that only lasted a week😵💫 (kids!!) ..! I think I’ll get the gro clock off vinted or eBay as I am not spending a fortune on anymore night lights/clocks/lights!😂😂😂😂
I bought the Gro clock off Facebook market place for £5 thinking they same thing as you. We do hear him sometimes wake up and then look at the clock and go back to sleep (we can see his bed from our bed). Then when he wakes up and it’s yellow we hear a ‘yesssss’ and in he comes 😂 it also shows little stars around the outside that sort of give them an indication of how longs left in bed as they reduce through the night. I’d say give one a go if you can get one cheap enough!

• Heart
Thanks all xx

Back to being scared of the dark for us…! She was SCREAMING mummyyyy it’s dark. But the night light back on and realised it’s 6am which is 7am in yesterdays terms is that right? 😂 I mean atleast she didn’t wake up at 5:30am again🥳

My groclock never turns yellow, unless you press it?! It’s always been like this, so has never worked for us. 3yo is scared of it as well 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.