Toddler Advice Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sheā€™s cracked it! She woke up and even though she had a nappy on (which was bone dry when she woke up, itā€™s usually been full up) she said mummy wee wee, potty, I didnā€™t even have to put her on it and she picked the potty over weeā€™ing in her nappy. YAYY!! Iā€™ll shut up now about potty training šŸ˜‚ thanks for everyoneā€™s support and reassurance xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just a bit of a rant really !!!! Got a letter this morning from Speech therapy ( weā€™ve had f three sessions meant to be on the break and waiting for a report !!) havenā€™t got that & the letter says If I feel I still have concerns to get in touch ā€¦ no follow up appointment no mention of the report etc. just feel so let down by everyone for my son!!!
My health visitor is Impossible to get hold of. Thank god nursery are quite good & trying to get him additional help. I rang the docs the other day to see if they could assess him & they said they donā€™t do it?! Maybe i asked for the wrong thing but it always says online if you have concerns about childā€™s development to go to your GP ?! They said to ask HV. I text her no answer. Rang her Monday straight to voicemail. Hopefully sheā€™s just off for half term & will get in touch

just makes me feel so deflated & disappointed šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

my toddler is 2 years + 8 months and weā€™ve not started yet. He doesnā€™t always tell me when heā€™s had a poo and when I ask him if he wants to go have a wee or poo on the potty itā€™s always a no then a fake scared cryšŸ˜… I donā€™t think heā€™s ready but I donā€™t know when I should start cos Iā€™m getting the ā€˜heā€™ll Always be in nappiesā€™ comments and they annoy me šŸ« šŸ« 
I wouldnā€™t be worrying about him ā€¦ quite a few boys at my sons nursery are in nappies. Most of the 2 year olds who are toilet trained are girls. Why are girls so good at everything šŸ¤£

Iā€™ve had the hell always be in nappies too!! Itā€™s no one elseā€™sbusiness is it. You can only try& if it doesnā€™t work try again in a month or so

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just a bit of a rant really !!!! Got a letter this morning from Speech therapy ( weā€™ve had f three sessions meant to be on the break and waiting for a report !!) havenā€™t got that & the letter says If I feel I still have concerns to get in touch ā€¦ no follow up appointment no mention of the report etc. just feel so let down by everyone for my son!!!
My health visitor is Impossible to get hold of. Thank god nursery are quite good & trying to get him additional help. I rang the docs the other day to see if they could assess him & they said they donā€™t do it?! Maybe i asked for the wrong thing but it always says online if you have concerns about childā€™s development to go to your GP ?! They said to ask HV. I text her no answer. Rang her Monday straight to voicemail. Hopefully sheā€™s just off for half term & will get in touch

Iā€™m sorry itā€™s been awful! Can you chase SALT up and get the report. Failing that - request your sons medical records under a SARS request from the hospital / gp practice and see really whatā€™s been wrote.

Would you consider going private? X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Iā€™m sorry itā€™s been awful! Can you chase SALT up and get the report. Failing that - request your sons medical records under a SARS request from the hospital / gp practice and see really whatā€™s been wrote.

Would you consider going private? X
I have looked into it I got a quote & it was ridiculous !!! Iā€™m wondering if he will get it at school when he goes into reception but thatā€™s another year off. Iā€™ll ask them for the report yes but they said we would be asked to come in and a man called Tom would go through it with us !? So far not heard anythingšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø I get they are busy & there is a back log but it just feels like itā€™s always us gets put to one side šŸ„“

nursery have said he may have some additional needs but no one can tell me what!!!!god Iā€™m stressed šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 1

I wouldnā€™t be worrying about him ā€¦ quite a few boys at my sons nursery are in nappies. Most of the 2 year olds who are toilet trained are girls. Why are girls so good at everything šŸ¤£

Iā€™ve had the hell always be in nappies too!! Itā€™s no one elseā€™sbusiness is it. You can only try& if it doesnā€™t work try again in a month or so
Have you got a generic HV to ring? Iā€™ve never had 1 dedicated person to speak to, with any of my kids. I havenā€™t actually seen a HV in months (probably the 8 week check!!!!) and baby is 10 months

• Heart
Have you got a generic HV to ring? Iā€™ve never had 1 dedicated person to speak to, with any of my kids. I havenā€™t actually seen a HV in months (probably the 8 week check!!!!) and baby is 10 months
Yeah I could ring the office but theyā€™re never open!!!! They are impossible to get hold of. Itā€™s always been easier to contact her directly. Theyā€™ve always rang me off their own number

My daughter is so fussy with food it drives me mental. Sheā€™s getting worse - Iā€™m sure itā€™s a control thing though as sheā€™s at that age. Iā€™ve always been quite lenient like Iā€™ll offer her foods on her plate and wonā€™t make a deal of it if she wonā€™t eat it but she tries it and goes ewww. But tonight at tea time I snapped and went mad - cost of everything is going to and Iā€™m SICK of her saying she wants it and she doesnā€™t. She had 3 spoonfuls of tea and said noā€¦ then she wanted cereal before bed like usual and she had one mouthful and said no more. I went mad and sent her up to bed.

I am SICK of it!!! Her dad was here so when I went the gym he made her some soup and told me she canā€™t go to bed hungryšŸ˜  I said she needs teaching a lesson that she canā€™t keep asking for food and wasting it.

She doesnā€™t snack throughout the day, she has 3 meals and fruit and thatā€™s it!

• Heart
My daughter is so fussy with food it drives me mental. Sheā€™s getting worse - Iā€™m sure itā€™s a control thing though as sheā€™s at that age. Iā€™ve always been quite lenient like Iā€™ll offer her foods on her plate and wonā€™t make a deal of it if she wonā€™t eat it but she tries it and goes ewww. But tonight at tea time I snapped and went mad - cost of everything is going to and Iā€™m SICK of her saying she wants it and she doesnā€™t. She had 3 spoonfuls of tea and said noā€¦ then she wanted cereal before bed like usual and she had one mouthful and said no more. I went mad and sent her up to bed.

I am SICK of it!!! Her dad was here so when I went the gym he made her some soup and told me she canā€™t go to bed hungryšŸ˜  I said she needs teaching a lesson that she canā€™t keep asking for food and wasting it.

She doesnā€™t snack throughout the day, she has 3 meals and fruit and thatā€™s it!
Itā€™s so frustrating, even more so now with the price.

We offer ā€œsafeā€ foods alongside/as part of the meal, and always say thereā€™s nothing else. He can choose to eat what he wants (and at least will eat the safe foods) but then knows there isnā€™t going to be a special meal made for him.

Our job is to provide the food, not make them eat it.

Weā€™re butting heads over snacks before meals at the moment but Iā€™m holding that firm boundary!

Reactions: 4
Yeah I could ring the office but theyā€™re never open!!!! They are impossible to get hold of. Itā€™s always been easier to contact her directly. Theyā€™ve always rang me off their own number
Mine is the same. Rang weeks ago for a weight app, nothing! Got a letter through for his 9-12 month development, and to be honest, I canā€™t be bothered with it. My 3yo one was shite. As was his 27 month one

Same in my house. He ā€˜doesnā€™t like dinnerā€™. Everyday when I ask what everyone wants for dinner. Before Iā€™ve even decided. I done him omelette and beans which he ate a bit of, then it was ā€˜I donā€™t like itā€™ followed by ā€˜weetabixā€™ half hour later. I didnā€™t give in, but normally I do, because when he comes into us in the mornings, his belly is rumbling šŸ™„
Itā€™s so frustrating. The only ā€˜safeā€™ food I can offer is breakfast, but I want him to be eating actual dinner šŸ˜­

Mine is the same. Rang weeks ago for a weight app, nothing! Got a letter through for his 9-12 month development, and to be honest, I canā€™t be bothered with it. My 3yo one was shite. As was his 27 month one
My original one from when he was born was lovely. But she left. I donā€™t even remember having the 12 month one. Got a letter for 2 year old was meant to be face to face they switched it to phone call . ( he was two in April last year and then got the letter last September). Told her I had concerns re speech. She Said he needed more time and would ring me back in 6 weeks. Never did !!! I rang them few months later turns out she went onto maternity leave and only after I put a complaint in did they get someone else to ring me. And then we had an appointment. Cancelled due to Covid and here we are šŸ˜– šŸ’¤ sorry for the essay šŸ™ˆ

My three year old became fussy with food since she turned 1. I requested my 2 year review early to discuss it with the health visitor. Have done what sheā€™s said to do, keep offering, encourage donā€™t pressure and offer safe food along with other foods. Weā€™ve been making some progress but itā€™s slow and can be one step forward two back.
I actually spoke to a perinatal mental health nurse on Tuesday and discussed that a bit. Sheā€™s contacting the hv team for them to contact me as they were meant to three months ago and never did. The nurse thinks they should put my daughter forward for a dieticians referral. Apparently they can also assign you early support with a hv from 25 weeks pregnant. Will report back if I do actually hear from them before I give birth šŸ¤£

Had one of those days where it was like the 3 year old was possessed by Satan, I feel so drained.
Praying tomorrow is better and that it doesn't rain all day as I have both kids, no plans and no one else is free to hang out with so god help us if we have to stay at home all day, it will not be pretty!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Had one of those days where it was like the 3 year old was possessed by Satan, I feel so drained.
Praying tomorrow is better and that it doesn't rain all day as I have both kids, no plans and no one else is free to hang out with so god help us if we have to stay at home all day, it will not be pretty!
Puddle suit and wellies if nothing else? Let them have a walk and a splash?

agree with the walk & wellies. My little one loves a splash on a rainy day

Second night in a row my little one is coughing so much/being so full of phlegm that she voms. Ends up with her sleeping in our bed with her daddy, while I kip in her single bed. šŸ˜­ Honestly, she's never done this before, should I be worried? She goes to sleep fine but after an hour just starts coughing and then the inevitable happens... fed up of washing all her bedlinen already and it's only happened twice! :LOL:

• Heart
Puddle suit and wellies if nothing else? Let them have a walk and a splash?
agree with the walk & wellies. My little one loves a splash on a rainy day
She won't wear them šŸ™ƒ in fact currently she won't wear any kind of coat mostly, just a t shirt and little trainers and then she gets upset when she's cold and wet but still won't put the proper things on.
Bloody love 3 year olds. She was the loveliest easiest child until about 2 and three quarters, I'm definitely paying for it now!

• Sad
  • Wow
Mini A is going through a period of waking up at 5:30am šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜µā€šŸ’« sheā€™s now not scared of the dark anymore and Iā€™ve no idea why sheā€™s up so early, I guess the clocks going back this weekend is gunna mess her up again so I donā€™t know why Iā€™m writing this post šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ™„

• Wow
My little one (21 months) has woken up at 4am today. I feel like a zombie and I donā€™t start work till 12 šŸ˜« Iā€™ll be ready for bed by then.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My little one (21 months) has woken up at 4am today. I feel like a zombie and I donā€™t start work till 12 šŸ˜« Iā€™ll be ready for bed by then.
I feel your pain. Mini A has slept rubbish on and off for two weeks! I think weā€™ve had 1 good night. Iā€™m so tired at my desk, windows open and lots of coffeešŸ˜µā€šŸ’« thankfully sheā€™s at her Dads tonight so I can get a full sleep. The day has started before you even start work! Hope you get a better night :(

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.