To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No this is the problem, hospitals aren’t coping they are clinging on and if cases rise because we don’t lockdown then it all goes to tit again. It is all about keeping cases down enough that the NHS can cope, and cope with other emergency stuff as well. What if ITU is full of Covid patients and they need beds for trauma patients, or any other patient who needed urgent surgery to save their life.
Also all routine surgeries are being cancelled too who require the first night to be in ICCU because they need beds to be kept for covid patients

So, I'm in the medical profession (when I'm not pregnant) absolutely no way will I be having it..
Call me a conspiracy theorist, nothing about this rings true. I don't know what the endgame is here, but I'm staying safe in my own way.
What are the short and long term side effects of it?

Reactions: 1
This is THE ONE vaccine the had ALL the resources thrown at it. Initially, I was reluctant to take it up but having read up on the science behind the production and being a frontline worker exposed to the virus daily I want to take it ASAP. Having seen first hand what this horrible virus does to people, I’d rather take my chances with a vaccine than the inevitable which is that I will get this. Anyone who won’t go for the vaccine is...... 🤷‍♀️ Well, Hopefully doing something so worthwhile for humanity that they feel they are above being a part of this.

IT HAS BEEN TRIED AND TESTED THOUGH !!
Can you link the results for the short and long term side effects as I cannot find them anywhere please.

The vaccine?
Yep. Everyone saying its safe etc but I cannot find the side effects anywhere, though I've seen people saying there are none?

Reactions: 2
Can you link the results for the short and long term side effects as I cannot find them anywhere please.

Yep. Everyone saying its safe etc but I cannot find the side effects anywhere, though I've seen people saying there are none?
Similiar to the flu shot in the short term.
Painful arm at the site, worsening over a few days. Headaches, muscle aches, generally feeling tired and weak.
Same thing repeats at the second dose three to four weeks later.
Really depends, person to person how hard it hits.
Long term...I'm keeping my head down. They can reassure all they like, but the truth is, they don't know.

Reactions: 14
As a nurse working in a care home I will definitely be getting it when offered. I cannot wait for open visiting to start again, these limited/social distancing/window visits are heart breaking. I want to do what I can to protect the vulnerable I work with and try to make their lives a bit better again.

• Heart
I absolutely will be getting it. I’ll drink pints of the stuff if needs be! If the government want to control or track me then fine I’m not that exciting anyway we’re already controlled with lockdown. At least with a vaccine I’ll be able to see friends and family again, visit nice places and not worry about losing my home, job and people I love to this virus!

I’d rather be controlled doing things I enjoy than sitting at home miserable!

• Heart
I'm nervous of it, I have developed a new auto immune issue recently and I'm worried about the ordinary flu vaccine even though I get it every year.
Clearly something in my body is flaming itself and I worry that anything new in there will make it worse.
But I will have it, if it is offered to me. I really am desperate to have something like a normal life, as I'm getting to the point where I need proper human interaction with my family to be my real self & vaccination is the only way I'll get that.

Reactions: 1
Im a nurse, I will be getting it.
The misery I have seen because of COVID, never again.
I had COVID myself and get the flu shot every year. I am worried about the long term use but Im willing to risk it.

Reactions: 6
I genuinely don't know how to feel about it. My children are up to date with vaccinations, I'm fully supportive of all vaccines. And of course I want to get back to normal life, 100%. So yes I'd say I'll have no choice but to have it, and I'll have no choice but to give permission for my children to have it. We're missing so much that if its mandatory in order to live your life then yes.
But the long term impact is worrying. We have no way of knowing the impact in a year, let alone 10! And we can't afford to wait that long either.

However, should it be 100% optional, I will opt not to, for now.

Reactions: 4
Yeah of course I'm going to get it.

COVID-19 has become more of a war on information not on the virus. Made evident by some of the quackery posted by 'professionals' here. New World Order poster has me dead lol! Well actually now wait... no, I'm alive and well. Thriving more than my ancestors ever did, because of medical advancements and my up-to-date vaccination schedule.

I mean the real conspiracy here is that anti-vaccination lunatics who have generally been vaccinated themselves (ironic), seem hellbent on exposing their offspring to preventable illnesses that can kill. I mean you lot are going to be responsible for preventable deaths in the long term, and you're worried about a fictitious New World Order tracking our movements? Yeah ok, I'll stick with conventional medicine thanks!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yeah of course I'm going to get it.

COVID-19 has become more of a war on information not on the virus. Made evident by some of the quackery posted by 'professionals' here. New World Order poster has me dead lol! Well actually now wait... no, I'm alive and well. Thriving more than my ancestors ever did, because of medical advancements and my up-to-date vaccination schedule.

I mean the real conspiracy here is that anti-vaccination lunatics who have generally been vaccinated themselves (ironic), seem hellbent on exposing their offspring to preventable illnesses that can kill. I mean you lot are going to be responsible for preventable deaths in the long term, and you're worried about a fictitious New World Order tracking our movements? Yeah ok, I'll stick with conventional medicine thanks!
I honestly don't think I could have worded this any better myself, absolutely spot on!

Reactions: 5
Similiar to the flu shot in the short term.
Painful arm at the site, worsening over a few days. Headaches, muscle aches, generally feeling tired and weak.
Same thing repeats at the second dose three to four weeks later.
Really depends, person to person how hard it hits.
Long term...I'm keeping my head down. They can reassure all they like, but the truth is, they don't know.
What's the definition of long term effects in respect of vaccinations? As in could you develop say, an illness after 1 year and they will list it as a reaction to the Covid jab or is it something that develops over 10 years plus?

For example my Dad died of a specific cancer in 2015. He displayed first symptoms of being ill in 2014. The cause of the cancer was exposure to asbestos in 1969 and that it takes that long for symptoms to develop.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Long term is anything from a year to 30+ years.
They have no clue about long term, simply because they can't have. Vaccines are tested in the lab, on animals with similiar qualities to humans, and on volunteer humans as a final stage.
Even with all this in place, long term cannot be predicted.
If, in the future, after effects related to the vaccine appear, they will deny and deny, as the tobacco industry still does.
What's the definition of long term effects in respect of vaccinations? As in could you develop say, an illness after 1 year and they will list it as a reaction to the Covid jab or is it something that develops over 10 years plus?

For example my Dad died of a specific cancer in 2015. He displayed first symptoms of being ill in 2014. The cause of the cancer was exposure to asbestos in 1969 and that it takes that long for symptoms to develop.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I doubt there’s been a finger in the air approach to this. As much as they don’t have long term research into the jab I’m sure they’ll have research into the different components used to make it up and have an idea of how they will react with each other. I might be wrong but I haven’t heard of any governments in the world that are not keen on rolling a vaccine out for this which in my opinion shows that potential risks are low.

Reactions: 2
As a healthcare worker, I will have the vaccine (although I do worry about the long term effects). My children however, will not be having it any time soon (not even sure children are on the schedule for it anyway).

Reactions: 3
So I was really against the vaccine as Iv always been wary about vaccines and so has my mum.
But I was talking to one of my close friend yesterday who used to work in a lab- working with viruses etc. And he was explaining how vaccines work and explaining about Covid and why it so lethal.
The virus just seems to take control of your whole body and it seems just luck if you get through it ok. I’m no science expert so I won’t even try and explain what he said as I won’t explain it right, but he seems to think it’s not much different from the flu jab and how that is created, and it will be safe. He urged me to have it and so now I’m starting to think maybe I should.
How he explained the differences between Covid and other viruses and what it does do the body really scared me actually. I always knew it was bad but when you hear the science behind it all I can see why it’s so dangerous and why we are in the position we are in.
So now I’m slowly coming round to thinking this vaccine is our best chance.
I hope everyone makes a decision that’s right for them, it’s such scary times and you don’t know who to trust and believe. But my advice would be to try and find out unbiased scientific research, even if it’s just about how the virus attacks your body and what it needs to do to recover.
I hope the vaccine isn’t made compulsory as I do feel we have been controlled enough, we should all be able to make our own minds up and take our own chances but I do worry there will be some sort of health passport in the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
As a healthcare worker, I will have the vaccine (although I do worry about the long term effects). My children however, will not be having it any time soon (not even sure children are on the schedule for it anyway).
That's my biggest worry is the long term effects. Some of them won't worry me personally, for example, if it causes infertility in women, it's no big deal for me, however it's awful for those it does affect.

Plus I'd hate to be worrying if any illness I get after it, I'll always wonder was it that tjat caused it!

So I was really against the vaccine as Iv always been wary about vaccines and so has my mum.
But I was talking to one of my close friend yesterday who used to work in a lab- working with viruses etc. And he was explaining how vaccines work and explaining about Covid and why it so lethal.
The virus just seems to take control of your whole body and it seems just luck if you get through it ok. I’m no science expert so I won’t even try and explain what he said as I won’t explain it right, but he seems to think it’s not much different from the flu jab and how that is created, and it will be safe. He urged me to have it and so now I’m starting to think maybe I should.
How he explained the differences between Covid and other viruses and what it does do the body really scared me actually. I always knew it was bad but when you hear the science behind it all I can see why it’s so dangerous and why we are in the position we are in.
So now I’m slowly coming round to thinking this vaccine is our best chance.
I hope everyone makes a decision that’s right for them, it’s such scary times and you don’t know who to trust and believe. But my advice would be to try and find out unbiased scientific research, even if it’s just about how the virus attacks your body and what it needs to do to recover.
I hope the vaccine isn’t made compulsory as I do feel we have been controlled enough, we should all be able to make our own minds up and take our own chances but I do worry there will be some sort of health passport in the future.
This is it. People tell me the vaccination won't be staff and we don't know the effects and you are better catching Covid to fight it naturally etc, however, the effects of Covid itself seem to be long term. My boss had it in March and was really bad, ended up in hopsital. Although he's home and recovered, he still gets breathless and tired easily. It's like its aged him 40 years. He is/was a fit and healthy man in his 40's and now he struggles getting up the stairs or walking any distance

Reactions: 5
we should all be able to make our own minds up and take our own chances
The issue with this is that our choices also affect others. So other people will not be able to have the vaccination due to other illnesses or allergies but may be in the high risk category. By others opting out of the vaccine it increases their risk with something that is out of their control.

Plus I'd hate to be worrying if any illness I get after it, I'll always wonder was it that tjat caused it!
It’s not vastly different to any other medication. If you obtain medication from the doctors I’m sure you don’t query how long it’s been on the market etc, this is just much more high profile.

Reactions: 10
That's my biggest worry is the long term effects. Some of them won't worry me personally, for example, if it causes infertility in women, it's no big deal for me, however it's awful for those it does affect.

This is it. People tell me the vaccination won't be staff and we don't know the effects and you are better catching Covid to fight it naturally etc, however, the effects of Covid itself seem to be long term. My boss had it in March and was really bad, ended up in hopsital. Although he's home and recovered, he still gets breathless and tired easily. It's like its aged him 40 years. He is/was a fit and healthy man in his 40's and now he struggles getting up the stairs or walking any distance
That was my main worry if I’m totally honest- the effect on fertility.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.