To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah yes I have heard about that. I’d say for the most part, it probably wouldn’t cause any kind of skin reaction in people. I think someone with a skin condition like eczema or urticaria might want to wash the clothing before wearing it, but then they’d probably want to do that anyway to cover all basis in terms of how the clothing has been treated/stores etc prior to being sold.

Don't seep clothes manufacturers abroad also use formaldehyde in the production of clothes. That's why new clothes are so crisp and crease free and fresh and they never feel the same after a wash.

Not at the moment. There has been no testing of the long term effects. I need to research but it so difficult to know what to trust as everyone will have their own agenda. Ahhhh.

Reactions: 3
The concern about fertility is an interesting one imo. This is what false information from conspiracy theories does, it spreads and plants seeds everywhere.
There is absolutely no suggestion that the vaccine would have any impact whatsoever on fertility.
This all came from some alt right youtube channel claiming that a whistleblower had come forward to leak that the vaccine was designed to reduce fertility. Complete horseshit based on absolutely nothing but it spreads like wildfire and plants the seed of doubt.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The concern about fertility is an interesting one imo. This is what false information from conspiracy theories does, it spreads and plants seeds everywhere.
There is absolutely no suggestion that the vaccine would have any impact whatsoever on fertility.
This all came from some alt right youtube channel claiming that a whistleblower had come forward to leak that the vaccine was designed to reduce fertility. Complete horseshit based on absolutely nothing but it spreads like wildfire and plants the seed of doubt.
I was about to ask if there were any evidenced instances of a vaccine effecting fertility. I know when the HPV vaccine was first introduced there were similar concerns but no evidence at all to show there was any effect.

Reactions: 2
I was about to ask if there were any evidenced instances of a vaccine effecting fertility. I know when the HPV vaccine was first introduced there were similar concerns but no evidence at all to show there was any effect.
I think even more than that, the paper that made the 'link' between the HPV vaccine and fertility was well and truly debunked and the medical journal that published her paper fully retracted it.

But like with the MMR and Autism, some people hear the first claim and no matter how strong the science against it they just go on believing that vaccines caused it and spreading that info around.

I think even more than that, the paper that made the 'link' between the HPV vaccine and fertility was well and truly debunked and the medical journal that published her paper fully retracted it.

But like with the MMR and Autism, some people hear the first claim and no matter how strong the science against it they just go on believing that vaccines caused it and spreading that info around.
yeh it is scary how this happens, and I think after something is repeated over and over again it does just always stay in the back of your mind in a way, even if after it is retracted/proven wrong

Reactions: 1
yeh it is scary how this happens, and I think after something is repeated over and over again it does just always stay in the back of your mind in a way, even if after it is retracted/proven wrong
Look still at the whole MMR issue. Still today people believe it.

Reactions: 7
Also another reason why I said no to the covid vaccine is because of what happened with the swine flu vaccine. They rushed that vaccine through basically forced people to have it. I was told my children will die because I refused to vaccinate them. Look what happened the horrible side effects for adults and children because It wasn't properly tested. I am not anti vax , I don't believe any of this bill gates conspiracy or nwo theories . I just want to wait a while and see what happens.

Reactions: 10
In regards to the swine flu, my understanding was that pandemrix had not gone through the normal clinical trials and the licence had been based on a mock vaccine not the actual one. Though happy to be corrected otherwise.

Reactions: 1
It infuriates me. My mother in law believes it, I can’t even talk to her about it the topic is maddening.
It shocks me especially when older people who lived through times watching friends/family get seriously ill/die before measles etc vaccines are anti vaxx, makes no sense at all! you have literally seen the world change for the better (in terms of illness, I am not claiming everything has improved!) and still don't "agree" with vaccines!

It infuriates me. My mother in law believes it, I can’t even talk to her about it the topic is maddening.
and the problem with conspiracy theorists is it is just IMPOSSIBLE to argue as what they say has no logic, anything else like racism, sexism etc is (relatively) easy to counter but with these crazy conspiracy theories logic just won't work

I work as a support worker in supported living and I will be having it! They won’t approve something that isn’t safe!
Things have definitely been approved in the past that have had devastating consequences for recipients of the vaccines. No one cares until it happens close to home or in their own country. I’ll sit this one out until I have absolutely no other choice 😖

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wouldn’t say I’m anti-vax as I’ve had vaccines before and I definitely think there’s a place for them absolutely. I don’t believe in the theories that they cause autism (just my opinion) or they will put a tracking device in them - isn’t the nhs Covid app doing that to us!

Reactions: 4
I don’t think they (the higher powers) should be allowed to take people’s choices away from them, especially with regards to vaccines. It’s a slippery slope from then onwards, and where does it stop?
I don't think there is much talk about taking choice away from people by forcing vaccinations without consent and so on. That would be a major breach of medical ethics and certainly not the way a public health sector in the Western world would be allowed to operate.

If you believe that institutions that will disallow unvaccinated individuals from entering/engaging in services is the removal of people's choice, then there is a fallacy in your logic. Not accepting a vaccination is a choice an individual may make and as with all choices, it carries consequences. Just as consenting to receive a vaccine may carry consequences, so too does not accepting it. It is up to the individual to make their decision by weighing up all potential consequences. We all have choices, and no one is threatening to take these away.

I do not understand how this rational of making choice (and thus accepting consequence) is a slippery slope.

Reactions: 7
I don't think there is much talk about taking choice away from people by forcing vaccinations without consent and so on. That would be a major breach of medical ethics and certainly not the way a public health sector in the Western world would be allowed to operate.

If you believe that institutions that will disallow unvaccinated individuals from entering/engaging in services is the removal of people's choice, then there is a fallacy in your logic. Not accepting a vaccination is a choice an individual may make and as with all choices, it carries consequences. Just as consenting to receive a vaccine may carry consequences, so too does not accepting it. It is up to the individual to make their decision by weighing up all potential consequences. We all have choices, and no one is threatening to take these away.

I do not understand how this rational of making choice (and thus accepting consequence) is a slippery slope.
I’m aware of this thank you, you’ve taken what I said and twisted it. The slippery slope would be if they started taking people’s freedoms away from them. I never said they actually were or will.

Reactions: 4

Totally agree. Also aren't there already various (democratic) countries where certain vaccines are aready obligatory ( for citizens or visitors)? I don't think this is really a new thing

I’m aware of this thank you, you’ve taken what I said and twisted it. The slippery slope would be if they started taking people’s freedoms away from them. I never said they actually were or will.
but this is constantly what anti vaxxers say, as if making people have vaccines will somehow lead to a restriction of the freedom of press or whatever. If that were the case non democratic countries would have started first with vaccines, and as we have seen recently with the US this would not be necessary there are easier eays to get rid of people's freedoms

Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
By insinuating that there is a chance that a slippery slope could occur, people's freedoms could be taken away within a thread discussing the implications of a Covid-19 vaccination program, you are opening the door to a different narrative where people may equate refusing vaccinations with their right to civil liberties.

Although this may not have been your intention, when the statement that you raised is framed in the context of this thread it could frighten people and equate to people not making a fully informed decision. We should be careful when discussing this kind of stuff and deal with logic, rather than posting hypothetical statements.

I’m not responsible for what people take from a post made on a forum discussing the vaccine. If you’re on this forum I’ll assume you’re adult enough to make up your own mind. That’s up to them, I’m not a scientist or doctor, and I’m not suggesting people don’t get it. In fact, I’m as far from an anti-vaxxer as you can get so stop moderating my post please and making it bigger than it actually is.

I am part of the Novavax trial so may have already had the injection (or a saline placebo). There are about 15,000 people in the UK currently undergoing this trial. I had a period of 2 hours of chills as a side effect after the vaccine. Thats all. Been absolutely fine since. I have the second vaccine next week.

Novavax is very similar to the Oxford vaccine but a few months behind so data won't be out for a good few weeks yet. It is not an mRNA vaccine.

We have been told as well if we are offered a different vaccine they will unbind the trial for us so we know what we have already had.

These vaccines have not been rushed. Hundreds of Billions of pounds have been poured into these vaccines, they have been running stages concurrently when there would normally be a year or twos gap between as they secure funding for the next stage. All these problems have been eliminated by the sheer amount of money being poured in.

It is up to an individual, but I do think businesses, airlines etc... could refuse you access if you do not have a vaccination.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I am part of the Novavax trial so may have already had the injection (or a saline placebo). There are about 15,000 people in the UK currently undergoing this trial. I had a period of 2 hours of chills as a side effect after the vaccine. Thats all. Been absolutely fine since. I have the second vaccine next week.

Novavax is very similar to the Oxford vaccine but a few months behind so data won't be out for a good few weeks yet. It is not an mRNA vaccine.

We have been told as well if we are offered a different vaccine they will unbind the trial for us so we know what we have already had.

These vaccines have not been rushed. Hundreds of Billions of pounds have been poured into these vaccines, they have been running stages concurrently when there would normally be a year or twos gap between as they secure funding for the next stage. All these problems have been eliminated by the sheer amount of money being poured in.

It is up to an individual, but I do think businesses, airlines etc... could refuse you access if you do not have a vaccination.
Just wanted to say thanks for being part of a trial! Really grateful for people like yourself taking part and helping these things progress.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.