To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perfect example of this ! Edwin Poots has pushed the executive to open up when he knew our health service was crumbling as long as his business interests were taken care of he didn’t care about people that’s treatment would be cancelled because of this , fast forward to yesterday’s announcement that he’s cancer and can’t get an op because the health service has suspended them, sad to say but I’ve very little sympathy for him..or maybe as much as he had for all those people that he did a disservice View attachment 393413
It is so difficult, I have friends who work in hospitals, and there have been cases where cancer patients came in for chaemo and then got covid and died, obviously as your immunity is at a total low, such an impossible situation

Reactions: 1
After being born the only thing certain is you're going to die. It's a sad fact of life that people die of all different things every single day. We cannot protect every life and our economy shows we can't keep like this forever. I want Boris to be bold and tell us all what his road map is if he has one.
🙌 I had great parents but I don't think even they were so invested in my life as the government is! Also any death is usually painful and horrible not just covid, I'm more scared of running out of coffee than catching it a virus

Reactions: 3
It is so difficult, I have friends who work in hospitals, and there have been cases where cancer patients came in for chaemo and then got covid and died, obviously as your immunity is at a total low, such an impossible situation
It’s our health service is overwhelmed ,certain politicians (as above ) pushed for restrictions to be lifted when they were warned what would happen and just shrugged it off now he’s getting to see it from the patients point of view.

Reactions: 2
You’re right that it has turned people against each other. Some are going so far as to say that anyone who doesn’t want the vaccine should have a mark on their forehead or clothing so that everyone knows who they are, and that they should be refused medical care for any reason. Sounds sinister and also familiar. I think people with that mentality should perhaps have a rethink because sometimes life can pay people back in spades.
Jesus, I'd be interested in knowing if these people had such a sinister way of thinking before this, or if fear has got them to this point. It's the same as the people who think people should he arrested for having a coffee, or be detained not wearing a mask for what could be a very delicate reason such as abuse.
Tell you what, it's showing who you want on your side if the tit really did hit the fan one day, because people like that are the ones that will stamp all over you to save themselves

• Heart
We can't prevent deaths. But we can prevent unnecessary deaths.
Yes we can I agree. So we should ban vehicles are people getting killed by them are unnecessary deaths. As are alcohol related deaths so we should ban booze. Cigarettes result in avoidable deaths too so they should be banned.

Obviously I am jesting but just showing everyday we are all at risk but we can't be wrapped in cotton wool forever.

Reactions: 5
Yes we can I agree. So we should ban vehicles are people getting killed by them are unnecessary deaths. As are alcohol related deaths so we should ban booze. Cigarettes result in avoidable deaths too so they should be banned.

Obviously I am jesting but just showing everyday we are all at risk but we can't be wrapped in cotton wool forever.
I think the difference is dying alone. If you die of lung cancer from cigarettes, say, or pollution in London, you can be surrounded by family at the end. I cannot imagine how awful it is to die alone

It’s our health service is overwhelmed ,certain politicians (as above ) pushed for restrictions to be lifted when they were warned what would happen and just shrugged it off now he’s getting to see it from the patients point of view.
exactly, obviously this would have been awful anyway but the fact our health system has been underfunded for so long has made everything SO much worse. I often wonder what the doctors/nurses looking after Bojo thought knowing the damage he has made to it

Difference there is you'll at least have a chance of treatment for those things ,but not now .

Not quite like us. He’s considering going private. He said if it’s £10,000 or £15,000 he doesn’t care how much it is, he’ll pay it. Telling him isn’t it? I’m so bloody angry right now. There will be a bed, doctors, nurses, all the medical care you need, as long as you can pay for it.

Not quite like us. He’s considering going private. He said if it’s £10,000 or £15,000 he doesn’t care how much it is, he’ll pay it. Telling him isn’t it? I’m so bloody angry right now. There will be a bed, doctors, nurses, all the medical care you need, as long as you can pay for it.
Of course ,the ordinary man on the st accounts for nothing ,glad Swan brought it up at the briefing reminding Poots there's so many in his position waiting on treatment .

Of course ,the ordinary man on the st accounts for nothing ,glad Swan brought it up at the briefing reminding Poots there's so many in his position waiting on treatment .
Not so many like him who can afford to pay tens of thousands for their medical care. Pootsie should have paid more attention to his job when he was health minister instead of helping to destroy the health service.

If we are going to use your car analogy then we don't ban cars but we put in measures that make them safer such as wearing a seat belt, speed limits, mots, having to pass driving tests, laws to prevent dangerous driving etc etc. Similar to masks, social distancing, vaccination etc to reduce covid deaths.

I wouldn't be sad to see the back of cigarettes personally

Also if car related injuries were overwhelming the NHS to the degree that covid is, meaning less resources to treat others then I probably would go for a temp ban on those too until we could get the NHS running again.

• Heart
We can't prevent deaths. But we can prevent unnecessary deaths.
Very true. People shouldn't be dying unnecessarily right now, we have to continue to prevent people dying.
It's actually awful how desensitised everyone seems to be about actual human beings, that are family members, friends, lovers, etc, dying needlessly. We have to continue to do our part until this vaccine is rolled out further.

And I hope people will continue to look up real facts and experiences with the vaccine. Not propaganda or internet rumours with no credibility or evidence. Although, when provided with evidence people are still ignorant it seems.
This is a pandemic, they happen and we will be able to move past this. We all need to bare that in mind as doubtful as it seems other parts of the world have managed just fine its ignorance, lack of care for others and selfishness that have caused so many deaths this past year.

Very true. People shouldn't be dying unnecessarily right now, we have to continue to prevent people dying.
It's actually awful how desensitised everyone seems to be about actual human beings, that are family members, friends, lovers, etc, dying needlessly. We have to continue to do our part until this vaccine is rolled out further.

And I hope people will continue to look up real facts and experiences with the vaccine. Not propaganda or internet rumours with no credibility or evidence. Although, when provided with evidence people are still ignorant it seems.
This is a pandemic, they happen and we will be able to move past this. We all need to bare that in mind as doubtful as it seems other parts of the world have managed just fine its ignorance, lack of care for others and selfishness that have caused so many deaths this past year.
I remeber being shocked and upset when the deaths reached 100. Yesterday I was like 1600, blimey. I hate how desensitised I have become

Jesus, I'd be interested in knowing if these people had such a sinister way of thinking before this, or if fear has got them to this point. It's the same as the people who think people should he arrested for having a coffee, or be detained not wearing a mask for what could be a very delicate reason such as abuse.
Tell you what, it's showing who you want on your side if the tit really did hit the fan one day, because people like that are the ones that will stamp all over you to save themselves
The reason genuine people are getting abuse for not wearing masks is because of all the anti-mask/covid/lockdown nonsense. These people are being penalised because of the actions of others. It's unfair, that's why people should just put one on if they have 0 issues instead of being babies about it. We're now stopping people without masks in our store, and we'll be taking good care to make sure those with exemptions aren't met with such aggression. I can't stand it.

Also, people are worried and upset. They want life to go back to normal, that unfortunately means they're gonna react when they see people breaking the rules. They do want life to go back to normal. Had people here complied like in other countries, surely that'd be the case.

I remeber being shocked and upset when the deaths reached 100. Yesterday I was like 1600, blimey. I hate how desensitised I have become
I'm trying my best to remain sensitive. These are real people, not just a number.
It is hard though, I feel desensitised to life completely at the moment though.

Reactions: 2
The reason genuine people are getting abuse for not wearing masks is because of all the anti-mask/covid/lockdown nonsense. These people are being penalised because of the actions of others. It's unfair, that's why people should just put one on if they have 0 issues instead of being babies about it. We're now stopping people without masks in our store, and we'll be taking good care to make sure those with exemptions aren't met with such aggression. I can't stand it.

Also, people are worried and upset. They want life to go back to normal, that unfortunately means they're gonna react when they see people breaking the rules. They do want life to go back to normal. Had people here complied like in other countries, surely that'd be the case.

I'm trying my best to remain sensitive. These are real people, not just a number.
It is hard though, I feel desensitised to life completely at the moment though.
totally agree, people complaining about wearing masks in a supermarket or wherever.... jesus christ, the sacrifices key workers etc have made in this time and you cannot wear something on your face for an hour (or much less)?
And the people who want "life to go back to normal" yet won't follow any of the rules to make sure it hopefully can... do not even get me started

totally agree, people complaining about wearing masks in a supermarket or wherever.... jesus christ, the sacrifices key workers etc have made in this time and you cannot wear something on your face for an hour (or much less)?
And the people who want "life to go back to normal" yet won't follow any of the rules to make sure it hopefully can... do not even get me started
Exactly and we're being put at risk everyday by these idiots, as are real exempt people. It's ridiculous, they need to grow up.
Yep, nor me I could rant all week. 😂

• Heart
Exactly and we're being put at risk everyday by these idiots, as are real exempt people. It's ridiculous, they need to grow up.
Yep, nor me I could rant all week. 😂
exactly, I (luckily) haven't been in a hospital since this wreck but I have seen SO mnay supermarket employees shouted at etc for trying to get customers to follow rules. Just awful, they aren;t paid enough as is, let alone to face abuse

It is disgusting how this has turned people against eachother.

I suffer with PTSD. I am a rape victim. I also suffered with horrendous domestic abuse for years. Very often I was smothered or gagged with items of clothing. I cannot and do not wear a mask - and before anyone says it I won't wear ANYTHING that obstructs me in any way including my glasses. I've had people shout at me in anger in supermarkets, feeling I need to wear what I am so I don't get abuse. I usually smile at them while their eyes are beading at me from behind their masks.

I admit I'm no toxoligist but it really doesn't take a bruce-chemist-im-hard-virologist-ali to know that the face coverings are absolutely ridiculous anyway.

Too many contradictions surrounding them. And no, not from "you-boob" videos.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
exactly, I (luckily) haven't been in a hospital since this wreck but I have seen SO mnay supermarket employees shouted at etc for trying to get customers to follow rules. Just awful, they aren;t paid enough as is, let alone to face abuse
As a supermarket employee I appreciate you. We're so often overlooked despite working throughout the whole pandemic and many of us getting sick and abused. At the moment we're all struggling mentally, it's getting increasingly difficult to remain positive. My partner got headbutted during the first lockdown, just because we were operating a one-person-per-shop policy. People are vile.

• Sad
  • Angry
It is disgusting how this has turned people against eachother.

I suffer with PTSD. I am a rape victim. I also suffered with horrendous domestic abuse for years. Very often I was smothered or gagged with items of clothing. I cannot and do not wear a mask - and before anyone says it I won't wear ANYTHING that obstructs me in any way including my glasses. I've had people shout at me in anger in supermarkets, feeling I need to wear what I am so I don't get abuse. I usually smile at them while their eyes are beading at me from behind their masks.

I admit I'm no toxoligist but it really doesn't take a bruce-chemist-im-hard-virologist-ali to know that the face coverings are absolutely ridiculous anyway.

Too many contradictions surrounding them. And no, not from "you-boob" videos.
but then surely as someone who really cannot wear one you must appreciate those of us that fortunately can and be annoyed with those who pretend they can't?
I really feel awful for what you went through, I suffered domestic abuse too so obv know how horrendous it is, but sayinng "I'm no toxoligist but it really doesn't take a bruce-chemist-im-hard-virologist-ali to know that the face coverings are absolutely ridiculous anyway" ...... so you aren;t an expert, but think you know better? Sorry but that is absurd.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.