To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well yes the vaccines are essentially experimental but hopefully for the greater good in saying that it could be a long time coming
Herd immunity has always been set at around 70% so that's nothing new.
They can keep moving the goalposts though can't they, because of the new varients. It will never get to 70% because there's always a new mutation
Then they'll say that it's ok because they can change the vaccine, but everyone that already had the vaccine before will not be covered for the new varient - and so we go on.....

Reactions: 4
Herd immunity has always been set at around 70% so that's nothing new.
They can keep moving the goalposts though can't they, because of the new varients. It will never get to 70% because there's always a new mutation
Then they'll say that it's ok because they can change the vaccine, but everyone that already had the vaccine before will not be covered for the new varient - and so we go on.....
Yes I know ,that's what's confusing me surely by the time they've given to the vulnerable groups ( anyway) it will have to start over again ( no data on vaccine longevity) how could they ever hope to reach 70%, in this lifetime 🤷‍♀️

No, not for me and like the annual flu, I will take my chances.

It doesn't seem to have alot of research on it. Maybe 10 years down the line I will see what effects there are on people around me. Only then I will consider and it will literally just be "considering".
I'm not going to berate you for not wanting the vaccine, personally hate when people brand each other as "stupid" for stuff like this. I hope we get to the point, soon, when enough people have the vaccine to protect those who haven't. However, there has been 30 years of research about mRNA vaccines, the issue was there was no illness to treat with an mRNA vaccine, until covid came along.

Reactions: 6
Yes I know ,that's what's confusing me surely by the time they've given to the vulnerable groups ( anyway) it will have to start over again ( no data on vaccine longevity) how could they ever hope to reach 70%, in this lifetime 🤷‍♀️
Even more importantly how can they justify future lockdowns and paying billions on furlough.. never mind afford it for the rest of our lives!!
Its a virus, its never going to go away. Yes we need to save lives, yes we need to ease the pressure on the NHS, but we also need to find a way to get on with life too.
At this point they're doing one of two things and that's either pissing in the wind, or this was always the plan from the start

My husband has been offered the vaccine through work- keyworker, they’ve asked him to go to a vaccination centre to have it.
We are a bit concerned because of what’s been in the news- long times, lots of people etc & I am classed as extremely vulnerable.
Does anyone know how safe these places are in more recent times or have any experience of them? I know there’s always some element of risk but We don’t want to put ourselves in a potentially dangerous situation.

My husband has been offered the vaccine through work- keyworker, they’ve asked him to go to a vaccination centre to have it.
We are a bit concerned because of what’s been in the news- long times, lots of people etc & I am classed as extremely vulnerable.
Does anyone know how safe these places are in more recent times or have any experience of them? I know there’s always some element of risk but We don’t want to put ourselves in a potentially dangerous situation.
When I got mine I felt safe. We had to arrive on time, couldn't be early. We sat socially distanced in a waiting room, had to wear masks (had to be surgical, no handmade ones). Then we sat in a large ventilated room about 5 of us, all apart and got jabbed. Then another socially distanced room for the 15 mins following our vaccination.

I'm not going to berate you for not wanting the vaccine, personally hate when people brand each other as "stupid" for stuff like this. I hope we get to the point, soon, when enough people have the vaccine to protect those who haven't. However, there has been 30 years of research about mRNA vaccines, the issue was there was no illness to treat with an mRNA vaccine, until covid came along.
I accept I have no real knowledge or vaccines. I don't know how they work or how they are researched, nor do I pretend to. I just very rarely get ill as it is and have turned down flu jabs over the years for that reason.

Professor Anthony Costello, Independent Sage, now thinks that it may be unwise to vaccinate the very old and frail.

Studies of the Pfizer vaccine did not look at people with acute illness and didn’t have many participants over 85 years old.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Professor Anthony Costello, Independent Sage, now thinks that it may be unwise to vaccinate the very old and frail.

Studies of the Pfizer vaccine did not look at people with acute illness and didn’t have many participants over 85 years old.
Yes I watch SAGE on FB.. try saying that on certain threads that think the Gov have the oldies at heart 😂 it's all a conspiracy don't ya know ...except it's fact.

Even more importantly how can they justify future lockdowns and paying billions on furlough.. never mind afford it for the rest of our lives!!
Its a virus, its never going to go away. Yes we need to save lives, yes we need to ease the pressure on the NHS, but we also need to find a way to get on with life too.
At this point they're doing one of two things and that's either pissing in the wind, or this was always the plan from the start
Possibly the plan from the start ? seems the vaccine/ measures are only to stop the NHS being overwhelmed but they'll have to be and ending one way or another either way it will be a sad one.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yes I watch SAGE on FB.. try saying that on certain threads that think the Gov have the oldies at heart 😂 it's all a conspiracy don't ya know ...except it's fact.

Possibly the plan from the start ? seems the vaccine/ measures are only to stop the NHS being overwhelmed but they'll have to be and ending one way or another either way it will be a sad one.
I didn't mean introducing a vaccine was a plan, and I do see the need for lockdown.. I'm not anti either if both are being used for the greater good.
Maybe we will come out of this, but by plan I mean how they've managed to push us to our complete limits. Like I said earlier, we just see hope and they snatch it away with another reason.
Remember the days of flattening the curve? Well now we don't have that, we have other measures we have to reach, including now everyone being pushed into a vaccine as well as them still not wanting to hug our friends and family even if we take it.
It sometimes feels when I look back that they started small (compared to now) and have increased things ever so slightly as they've gone on

I didn't mean introducing a vaccine was a plan, and I do see the need for lockdown.. I'm not anti either if both are being used for the greater good.
Maybe we will come out of this, but by plan I mean how they've managed to push us to our complete limits. Like I said earlier, we just see hope and they snatch it away with another reason.
Remember the days of flattening the curve? Well now we don't have that, we have other measures we have to reach, including now everyone being pushed into a vaccine as well as them still not wanting to hug our friends and family even if we take it.
It sometimes feels when I look back that they started small (compared to now) and have increased things ever so slightly as they've gone on
Yes but they'll always have the upperhand we depend on them for everything , the people will always be the underdog and they'll use what control they have for their own ends including blaming them for the mistakes they've made/ making throughout the whole pandemic ,they're completely pissing in the wind they've made such a hash of things I can't see how they'll reign it back in ,both in trust and finding a way out of this situation.

Reactions: 5
Yes but they'll always have the upperhand we depend on them for everything , the people will always be the underdog and they'll use what control they have for their own ends including blaming them for the mistakes they've made/ making throughout the whole pandemic ,they're completely pissing in the wind they've made such a hash of things I can't see how they'll reign it back in ,both in trust and finding a way out of this situation.
Yep, it's all worked beautifully for them hasn't it. It's turned people against each other, the media have done their work for them by testing the waters with the public after project fear, and then they swoop in with how wonderful they are with dishing the vaccines out so quick, whilst calling anyone who dares to think about not having one an anti vax conspiracy theorist.
Whitty and Vallance literally said how it was a reasonable gamble to delay the second jab, but thankfully the people have stamped their feet about it and it seems the media this time have got them thinking it was indeed stupid.
I blame the media as well as the government, but then they both go hand in hand don't they and play a scratch my back game with each other.
I don't see how they can get out of it now, if they back down then that makes a mockery of the last year, and if they carry on then they firstly can't afford it, and secondly it starts to look like a grand plan in grinding down the public to a point that we need them more

Reactions: 8
Yep, it's all worked beautifully for them hasn't it. It's turned people against each other, the media have done their work for them by testing the waters with the public after project fear, and then they swoop in with how wonderful they are with dishing the vaccines out so quick, whilst calling anyone who dares to think about not having one an anti vax conspiracy theorist.
Whitty and Vallance literally said how it was a reasonable gamble to delay the second jab, but thankfully the people have stamped their feet about it and it seems the media this time have got them thinking it was indeed stupid.
I blame the media as well as the government, but then they both go hand in hand don't they and play a scratch my back game with each other.
I don't see how they can get out of it now, if they back down then that makes a mockery of the last year, and if they carry on then they firstly can't afford it, and secondly it starts to look like a grand plan in grinding down the public to a point that we need them more
I think that’s exactly what happened they made a boo boo at the start and tried to cover a lie with a lie to win people over but it’s just escalated to the shitshow we’re seeing now. Piers Corbin shouldn’t be protesting outside the hospital’s it should be No10 for those healthcare workers and patients are the people this Gov have failed the most with their endless bullshit and lies .we may be locked in our homes but they’re doing the toughest job in the world in being there for total strangers when their own families can’t and picking up the pieces of this Gov and their incompetent decisions to preserve the Tory name 😕

You’re right that it has turned people against each other. Some are going so far as to say that anyone who doesn’t want the vaccine should have a mark on their forehead or clothing so that everyone knows who they are, and that they should be refused medical care for any reason. Sounds sinister and also familiar. I think people with that mentality should perhaps have a rethink because sometimes life can pay people back in spades.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
After being born the only thing certain is you're going to die. It's a sad fact of life that people die of all different things every single day. We cannot protect every life and our economy shows we can't keep like this forever. I want Boris to be bold and tell us all what his road map is if he has one.

Reactions: 5
After being born the only thing certain is you're going to die. It's a sad fact of life that people die of all different things every single day. We cannot protect every life and our economy shows we can't keep like this forever. I want Boris to be bold and tell us all what his road map is if he has one.
We can't prevent deaths. But we can prevent unnecessary deaths.

I really don;t think he does, and this is the issue. The decisions all seem to be snap ones, like the whole xmas thing. I would love a politian just to be honest and say "look we are trying to work out what to do be patient, this is unprecedented, we don't have all the answers yet..." etc etc, but of course honesty is beyond most of them

You’re right that it has turned people against each other. Some are going so far as to say that anyone who doesn’t want the vaccine should have a mark on their forehead or clothing so that everyone knows who they are, and that they should be refused medical care for any reason. Sounds sinister and also familiar. I think people with that mentality should perhaps have a rethink because sometimes life can pay people back in spades.
Perfect example of this ! Edwin Poots has pushed the executive to open up when he knew our health service was crumbling as long as his business interests were taken care of he didn’t care about people that’s treatment would be cancelled because of this , fast forward to yesterday’s announcement that he’s cancer and can’t get an op because the health service has suspended them, sad to say but I’ve very little sympathy for him..or maybe as much as he had for all those people that he did a disservice
0D5A0047-2BEF-4E00-B8D0-88A2238A8CB3.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.