To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Belsonic has already said people attending need a certificate, so I'm not sure why Michelle thinks it's a human rights issue. It's as simple as this if you're not jabbed you're not coming in :ROFLMAO: but sure you can have a party in your own garden with cheap booze.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

hmmmm side effects...you dont say!
In amongst all those randomised laboratory scenes (from a careers promo?) I must have missed the bit where they actually show CDC official warning against severe side effects or I could have missed it in the reporter repeating that big headline in lots of different ways...?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
OK - so against my better judgment and because we have to go back to the office in September, I took the plunge to get the Pfizer shot in Dublin this morning.

Because the Pfizer/Moderna were only available via the HSE for my age range, I couldn't go to a GP to get it. Hence, I had to go to this massive stadium to get vaccinated there at the same time as hundreds of other people. It surely felt like a factory with a bunch of sheep roaming, no personal touch to the experience as they just want people in and out quickly.

The two doctors/nurses in my vaccination booth were a bit stoic/emotionless. There was no interaction meant to make me feel comfortable or anything. At some point, one of them asked me for my date of birth. It was incredibly loud in there, plus we were wearing masks, he had a lisp and a strong accent - I couldn't understand a thing. He then screamed "THE DAY YOU WERE BORN". Like lol, the girl with him at a clear speech, but I couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Anyway, the second doctor told me: "It will feel a bit cold for a bit". Then she seemingly inserted the vaccine, as I didn't feel a thing at all. Just a small amount of pressure in my arm, but didn't feel any needle or anything. I even wonder whether she administered the vaccine at all.

After that, I went to the observation room with hundreds of other people. There were a few pregnant ladies.

I haven't felt any different at all. I'm not getting any side effects aside from the fact that I can't really turn my neck to the left and side (vaccine was done on my left arm). It's a tiny bit painful but nothing major at all. Aside from that, nothing special. I'm feeling the same as when I woke up this morning. We'll see if I'll get my period on time (due on the 14th of August).

Strange coincidence - the vaccine batch number is a combination of my birth day, my father's, my mother's and my brother's. Super bizarre.

Perhaps I made a mistake getting this first dose, only time will tell. At the end of the day, if I have to return to work physically in September, I don't have 50,000 options as I don't think my employer will have the patience to wait until I make up my mind after getting further evidence in 10 months. Depending on how I feel between now and the second shot, I will see if I will move forward with it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
well I just got blasted by my mom. "what are you...a Trumpist?". (we live in Canada btw so this was meant as the ultimate insult to my intelligence) I explained I am not comfortable with the science behind this as it isnt a typical vaccine. She basically hung up the phone on me. it is my body ffs. 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
An update on my end as the day is now ending - no strange symptoms at all. I'm not more tired than I normally am. I have a slight pain around the injection area, but that's pretty much it. No headache, nausea, chills or fever. I'm pretty much the same as when I left to get it this morning (minus the slight arm pain). I was able to function normally all afternoon. We'll see tomorrow as up may take a day or two for side effects to appear, but I think it should be fine.

Don't know if anybody remembers my story. But basically i have declined the vaccine on medical grounds.

However spur of the moment decision to go to a walk in yesterday so I'm now jabbed.

I had Pfizer. High risk of blood clots so wanted to avoid AZ

I am fine. I was so nervous about side effects but not even as much as a sore arm. Bit fatigued but nothing major

Reactions: 7
I have a bizarre question for anyone who got the vaccine - did the nurse place a band aid on your arm after the injection?

I'm asking because from past experience, nurses/doctors always placed a band aid on the injection site after each vaccine. However, I was quite surprised yesterday when the nurse let me go without placing a band aid.

Is this normal procedure?

I have to say, I'm not too fond of the experience once I got into the vaccination booth.

Last edited:
I have a bizarre question for anyone who got the vaccine - did the nurse place a band aid on your arm after the injection?

I'm asking because from past experience, nurses/doctors always placed a band aid on the injection site after each of my vaccine. However, I was quite surprised yesterday when the nurse let me go without placing a band aid.

I have to say, I'm not too fond of the experience once I got into the vaccination booth.
No I don’t remember getting a plaster on my arm for either of them. I think he/she dabbed it with cotton wool then I just left the booth.

Reactions: 3

I'm asking because from past experience, nurses/doctors always placed a band aid on the injection site after each of my vaccine. However, I was quite surprised yesterday when the nurse let me go without placing a band aid.

I didn't either. I was expecting one as, like you, it's what's always happened with other injections. I saw that they had them available but they said I didn't need one as it wasn't bleeding.

Reactions: 2

I'm asking because from past experience, nurses/doctors always placed a band aid on the injection site after each vaccine. However, I was quite surprised yesterday when the nurse let me go without placing a band aid.

I didn't have one with either of jabs even though I was wearing a white top and bleeding 🙄

• Wow
We'll see if I'll get my period on time (due on the 14th of August).
after the first jab mine was on time, after the second one mine was 5 days late. My ovulation was due about 2-3 days after the jab and it looks like my body had to postpone it a bit because its efforts were needed elsewhere. I had a 12 hour fever after the second jab and was super hungry for a week because my immune system was working. So don't be surprised if yours is a bit late too.

after the first jab mine was on time, after the second one mine was 5 days late. My ovulation was due about 2-3 days after the jab and it looks like my body had to postpone it a bit because its efforts were needed elsewhere. I had a 12 hour fever after the second jab and was super hungry for a week because my immune system was working. So don't be surprised if yours is a bit late too.
Thank you. I hope it's a one off if it's late. I'm really worried about the vaccine deregulating my cycle for an extended period of time. That's the one aspect I'm most worried about. Oddly enough, I'm not hungry at all. It somehow reduced my appetite entirely and the thought of food makes me a bit nauseous today.

Thank you. I hope it's a one off if it's late. I'm really worried about the vaccine deregulating my cycle for an extended period of time. That's the one aspect I'm most worried about. Oddly enough, I'm not hungry at all. It somehow reduced my appetite entirely and the thought of food makes me a bit nauseous today.
I don't see why it should do that permanently. As far as I'm aware the immune system needs about 10 to 14 days for the initial immune reaction (after the first jab I had covid arm on day 8, a red splotch on my arm, nothing more, so it really takes a few days) and it kinda makes sense to postpone having babies during that phase, so a slightly delayed ovulation and therefore a delayed period makes sense. But that happens with a cold or any other infection as well. Once the immune system is no longer busy fighting off an intruder things can go back to normal.

Jeeze they are going full on with incentives in NI. Free tickets to something or other, hospitality sector is up in arms about the suggestion of covid passports. And now the Balmoral show is saying all entrants need to show proof of vaccine and a neg lateral flow.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Jeeze they are going full on with incentives in NI. Free tickets to something or other, hospitality sector is up in arms about the suggestion of covid passports. And now the Balmoral show is saying all entrants need to show proof of vaccine and a neg lateral flow.
It's getting beyond ridiculous ,you should see some of the stuff they're pushing locally and even citing unvaccinated are the reason surgeries are being cancelled ,as if we're not divided enough 🥴

3D705769-FD12-4F05-B649-E2876D0A9117.jpeg

• Wow
It's getting beyond ridiculous ,you should see some of the stuff they're pushing locally and even citing unvaccinated are the reason surgeries are being cancelled ,as if we're not divided enough 🥴

View attachment 695982
Was listening to it today on radio ulster, like I get it, the vaccine will take us into post pandemic era but this is not the way to go about it. Plus the hospitality sector has been hit hard enough. They need to ask the young why they're not taking it up and educate them rather than using bribery and scare tactics because its going to have the opposite effect.

Reactions: 7
Was listening to it today on radio ulster, like I get it, the vaccine will take us into post pandemic era but this is not the way to go about it. Plus the hospitality sector has been hit hard enough. They need to ask the young why they're not taking it up and educate them rather than using bribery and scare tactics because its going to have the opposite effect.
Yes of course, what will they offer them for every top up going forward? If they’re doing it for the right reasons there should be no need for incentives🤷🏼‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.