To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
... There is a proper investigation taking place two doctors in American have launched an investigation into it after experiencing it themselves ,it's on all the US news sites as was the case with Israel .
I'm guessing you mean the study being conducted by Kathryn Clancy an associate professor at the University of Illinois and Katherine Lee a postdoctoral research scholar at Washington University School of Medicine?

It's covered in this newspaper article ...

A few quotes from the people undertaking the study which may be worth highlighting:

“I ended up finding a lot of people with similar experiences,” Clancy said. “But also, to be fair, a lot of people who were like, ‘Really, I noticed nothing,’ and some people who said, ‘Actually I had the opposite, where I’ve had a later or lighter period.’”

“Our survey cannot tell us anything about prevalence or the number of people who are affected,” Lee said. “What we can do is look for associations and trends that help us direct whatever the next study would be.”

Also a couple more doctors quoted in the article:

Dr. Rakhi Shah, an OB-GYN at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital, said she doesn’t see a way the COVID-19 vaccines could affect menstruation. “I think that there’s really no biological mechanism that is plausible in terms of how that could be possible,” Shah said. “I think that potentially people are having normal menstrual pain plus the aches and pains that are associated post-vaccine, and maybe combining all of that together and associating it.”

Dr. Julie Levitt, an OB-GYN at Northwestern Medicine said two patients have come to her with concerns specifically related to their periods after getting vaccinated. “Bleeding occurs for so many reasons that it’s really hard to isolate the two,” Levitt said.
She also said the COVID-19 vaccine could be creating a hormonal spike that could trigger bleeding. “A hormone rises, it goes down, you bleed a withdrawal bleed. But is that a bad thing? No,” Levitt said. Levitt emphasized that this was not a subject of concern, nor a reason to stop taking birth control. “No. 1, I wouldn’t worry. No. 2, contact your doctor if you want to talk about it to gain that reassurance,” Levitt said. “If it does continue after a few weeks following the administration of the vaccine, it probably is something else.”

Reactions: 3
I'm guessing you mean the study being conducted by Kathryn Clancy an associate professor at the University of Illinois and Katherine Lee a postdoctoral research scholar at Washington University School of Medicine?

It's covered in this newspaper article ...

A few quotes from the people undertaking the study which may be worth highlighting:

“I ended up finding a lot of people with similar experiences,” Clancy said. “But also, to be fair, a lot of people who were like, ‘Really, I noticed nothing,’ and some people who said, ‘Actually I had the opposite, where I’ve had a later or lighter period.’”

“Our survey cannot tell us anything about prevalence or the number of people who are affected,” Lee said. “What we can do is look for associations and trends that help us direct whatever the next study would be.”

Also a couple more doctors quoted in the article:

Dr. Rakhi Shah, an OB-GYN at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital, said she doesn’t see a way the COVID-19 vaccines could affect menstruation. “I think that there’s really no biological mechanism that is plausible in terms of how that could be possible,” Shah said. “I think that potentially people are having normal menstrual pain plus the aches and pains that are associated post-vaccine, and maybe combining all of that together and associating it.”

Dr. Julie Levitt, an OB-GYN at Northwestern Medicine said two patients have come to her with concerns specifically related to their periods after getting vaccinated. “Bleeding occurs for so many reasons that it’s really hard to isolate the two,” Levitt said.
She also said the COVID-19 vaccine could be creating a hormonal spike that could trigger bleeding. “A hormone rises, it goes down, you bleed a withdrawal bleed. But is that a bad thing? No,” Levitt said. Levitt emphasized that this was not a subject of concern, nor a reason to stop taking birth control. “No. 1, I wouldn’t worry. No. 2, contact your doctor if you want to talk about it to gain that reassurance,” Levitt said. “If it does continue after a few weeks following the administration of the vaccine, it probably is something else.”
That’s why it’s a STUDY they haven’t discounted anything as real world data is still ongoing! Anything that interferes with hormones needs to be investigated

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I'm so sorry that you feel this way. Most of us can have fears to worries that we know are not logical but that doesn't make the feelings any less real. What makes me very angry is that in the case of vaccines, I believe some of the people spreading the stories want to make others feel this way. This is one of the reasons why I try to post more balanced information.

I would never try to tell you that you should have the vaccine. All I ask is that you try to weigh up the balance of risks and that if you have concerns you speak to your GP and not listen to anyone on the internet (including me).
Thank you, and I do appreciate your balanced posts on here. I think you’re right that there are people who want to make others feel terrified but I think there are also people who do genuinely care. I try to take everything I read online with a pinch of salt whether it’s good or bad as we all know people can pretend to be anyone even on tattle and have all sorts of reasons for posting the things that they do. It’s a shame though as it can make it all a lot more confusing.

I am sure that I will have the vaccine, but I just need to do it in my own time at the moment. It’s never been that I don’t want it, I just want to feel safe, I’m naturally an anxious and cautious person. It just feels hard to know what to trust or believe around this issue sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was very apprehensive about the vaccine and had already decided I didn’t want it. The reason I ended up getting it was mainly because a lot of my friends were - good old peer pressure (not that they pressured me!). I’m very easily led 😂 If I see my friends do something and they are fine, I think “oh it’s fine I’ll do it too”. This attitude doesn’t always end well in certain situations as I’m sure you can imagine :ROFLMAO: I’m sure if I didn’t work in the industry I do, I would also be dead set against the vaccine tbh. Now I’ve had it and was fine I will be a lot more reassured if I do have to have a booster. I see it as me taking control of the situation by diving head first into it, rather than allowing the anxiety to get the better of me. I think if I’d been pushed into it I’d have pushed back because that feels like the control being taken away.

that all made no sense I’m sorry😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was very apprehensive about the vaccine and had already decided I didn’t want it. The reason I ended up getting it was mainly because a lot of my friends were - good old peer pressure (not that they pressured me!). I’m very easily led 😂 If I see my friends do something and they are fine, I think “oh it’s fine I’ll do it too”. This attitude doesn’t always end well in certain situations as I’m sure you can imagine :ROFLMAO: I’m sure if I didn’t work in the industry I do, I would also be dead set against the vaccine tbh. Now I’ve had it and was fine I will be a lot more reassured if I do have to have a booster. I see it as me taking control of the situation by diving head first into it, rather than allowing the anxiety to get the better of me. I think if I’d been pushed into it I’d have pushed back because that feels like the control being taken away.

that all made no sense I’m sorry😂
I think that’s part of what I’m struggling with, I’m feeling very pressured at the moment because of the potential vaccine passports and I’ve already had 2 people ask me if I’ve had it yet? (I’m not eligible yet but will be soon) I feel like it’s going to become a thing ‘have you had your vaccine yet?’ And that saying you’re feeling scared of it will get some side eyes. I’m worried that by the end of the year I won’t even be able to see the hairdresser if I’ve not had it, which if these sort of things do come in I do consider to be mandatory by proxy.

I think that’s part of what I’m struggling with, I’m feeling very pressured at the moment because of the potential vaccine passports and I’ve already had 2 people ask me if I’ve had it yet? (I’m not eligible yet but will be soon) I feel like it’s going to become a thing ‘have you had your vaccine yet?’ And that saying you’re feeling scared of it will get some side eyes. I’m worried that by the end of the year I won’t even be able to see the hairdresser if I’ve not had it, which if these sort of things do come in I do consider to be mandatory by proxy.
Isn’t it funny how things can seem from one side of the fence to the other. Now I’ve had my vaccine and was totally ready for my freedom passport (haha!) all I see is news about how now this won’t be happening... and the emphasis will be on testing! I honestly don’t see people being barred from life due to not having a jab, maybe for foreign travel only. Even so, I can see how it must feel, like you’re being backed into a corner. In a way that’s why I am grateful I got mine out of the way as I’m sure I’d be very anxious at this point.

Ultimately the decision to have it should come from you and you alone. Please don’t let fear cloud your judgement. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with deciding it’s not for you, and there’s also nothing wrong with deciding it’s easier to just get the damn thing. Don’t let people try and tell you how you should feel❤

• Heart
I'm on the pill (Rigevidon) and had my first vaccine at the start of March. I thought my periods have been pretty normal as they've been arriving as scheduled, but just checked back my menstrual calendar on my Garmin (ahhh technology) as I usually keep a record and both last month and this month my periods have been lasting 7-8 days whereas previously it would be over after 5. I don't think anything else has been abnormal other than the length.

Reactions: 2
That’s why it’s a STUDY they haven’t discounted anything as real world data is still ongoing! Anything that interferes with hormones needs to be investigated
Agreed. It needs to be studied before people start drawing conclusions based on 'reports' on social media

Reactions: 1
Nobody was drawing conclusions they were discussing an article, some people don’t live by the “ pinch of salt “ approach some live by the “ no smoke without fire approach” we all differ it’s doesn’t mean anyone’s wrong
Agreed. It needs to be studied before people start drawing conclusions based on 'reports' on social media

I find it interesting to read people's reasons behind hesitancy, or feeling unduly pressured or indirectly 'guilted' as I'm on the other end of whatever scale that is and so I only sort-of get where these are coming from.

What's below may well *not* fall into the ''interesting to read' category :p

The bog-standard diphtheria/typhoid/tetanus booster as given to travellers has listed side effects of headache, nausea, vomiting, a recommendation not to be given to pregnant women, with rare side effects 'of unknown frequency' including fainting, convulsions, flu-like symptoms, allergic reactions, possible nerve disorders.
Not massively unusual looking at most travel vaccinations yet the overriding concern of anyone is to not have a sore arm and recover from feeling a bit ecch before going away.

We get these to go to infected areas with barely a second thought - since right now we are all in infected areas, getting the covid jab just seems the logical thing to do.

My much beloved tatty old WHO book has pages of stamped and signed boxes for all sorts of things, though blank for Yellow Fever because I never went anywhere that needed that one.
Cholera vaccination, loads of pages as that was a six-monthly shot and at the time probably nowhere near the 85% effectiveness we get with the modern one though that apparently last 6 months before dropping so maybe it's not so different.

The Smallpox pages have several stampings and scribbles but now officially redundant after a successful vaccination and eradication programme.

Covid-19 is of course different from these in that it has such scope for variation that we will have to live with mitigation, rather than eradication.
But the mitigation is already good and will adapt and improve over time which will mean we can relegate this to being some rare, mostly treatable thing that doesn't prompt a load of lockdowns.

More words and general rambliness than I epected to be using, my turn to say sorry 😁

TLDR: I suspect familiarity is key, and combined with having stamped pages for the now-eradicated smallpox, gives me a generally positive attitude towards vaccinations (not blindly but as opposed to needing to be convinced), even as someone who stays well clear of pills and potions unless use of said things is unavoidable.

• Heart
The big difference in those jabs is they’re not being forced on people nor are people judged if they refuse or question them .

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The big difference in those jabs is they’re not being forced on people nor are people judged if they refuse or question them .
I think it’s also that they’ve been around longer, I think the newness of the covid jabs is making people uncertain.

Reactions: 11
No one is being forced, and the majority of society only want people jabbed to get out of this tit show 😂

I think it’s also that they’ve been around longer, I think the newness of the covid jabs is making people uncertain.
Yes of course ,there’s vaccines not even on the market yet that people will be expected to take once they’re rolled out ( shortly) everyone’s different when it comes to medication no matter what it is ,it just so happens people aren’t judged on any other medications/ vaccines

No one is being forced, and the majority of society only want people jabbed to get out of this tit show 😂
Some people are! and most feel they are ,vaccinations alone won’t get people out of this.

Reactions: 6
Who is being forced? Really...literally forced to have a vaccination?!

No vaccinations alone won’t, but if your not having them it’s not really helping either 😂

Reactions: 1
Had my 2nd dose of Pfizer last week and and my only side effect was a sore arm for a few days.

I told my mom and she said she will never get a covid vaccine because "all of her friends have gotten it and every single one of them almost died from it, they were on the brink of death." Yeah, ok. Surely if that was true it would have been big news. It's not even worth engaging with at this point.

Reactions: 2
Who is being forced? Really...literally forced to have a vaccination?!

No vaccinations alone won’t, but if your not having them it’s not really helping either 😂
Care workers for one !

Reactions: 9
My BIL had AZ in March, been unwell ever since and found out it gave him Bell's Palsy.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I work for the nhs and it hasnt been forced on us, encouraged yes but not "get stabbed or get sacked"

I wasnt going to have it, but changed my mind and im glad i did.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.