Tiger King Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
polyamorous relationships are more common in America but they’re a thing everywhere. I had uni friends who were in one. Bizarre but honestly after a while I thought nothing of it.

The issue with the relationship was that he practically groomed straight men. One of them was 19, right? He still a kid, really. And it sounds like he was a fairly vulnerable one.

Reactions: 3
Apparently there's going to be a new episode on Sunday, interviewing the people in the documentary and getting their views on it. Not sure how good it will be. I have a feeling they might try too hard to make it funny.

Reactions: 1
OMG just watched this Netflix series now and my bleeping god I cannot stand animal abuse at all, this wouldn’t fly in the UK so wtf is wrong with America?! That country is batshit crazy, their gun laws, their religions, just everything! I’m so glad I live in the UK where it’s a relatively normal kingdom!

I don’t own tigers or lions obviously but I have a wee tortoiseshell cat and my god, I am hugging her today like my life depended on it, people that abuse poor innocent animals need a death sentence, that’s one thing that’s good about the US, their judicial system, the UKs is crap and they still have more crazies than us!😱

Also I do believe that Baskin killed her husband but I don’t believe she fed all of him to the tigers, they would’ve had blood all around their mouths and there would be blood everywhere.

Carol was a hooker when she met her husband and he went to Costa Rica every time she got her period 😱 so he was clearly misogynistic and not a nice guy so perhaps he deserved to be killed.

Meant to add he went with hookers in Costa Rica when she got her period so he was a creep, most men that pay for the rights to a woman’s body are creeps.

Apparently the show had clips where you could see plants outside her house, i don’t know the name of them but apparently they can be poisonous, and can cause issues with memory etc
It’s possible she drugged him up, causing the memory problems, eventually he had enough in him to die, I also doubt he was fed to the tigers, they wouldn’t eat his skull etc so where’s the bones?? He’s buried somewhere on that land for sure

Reactions: 2
Me and DH binge watched all episodes this weekend, then made my parents watch it too so we could talk to them about it - it helps to have something else to talk about other than COVID-19 haha! What an actual tit show that was, just could not stop watching it. I originally thought Joe was set up by Jeff and the guy who didn't like him (forgot his name, the one filmed in the bath!), but after watching the interview episode last night I'm not so sure anymore. There's definitely more to the Carol Baskin husband situation than anyone knows and if what they said in the series is all true, I think the police failed to act reasonably to it. I watched Carol's new husband video on facebook talking about his wife and the series showing misinformation, but I think he's very much controlled by Carol so can what he says can be viewed with much substance as he is just an extension of Carol and a forum for her to speak through. I think she came across as very narcissistic - one of the episodes where they are sat on the porch and he is speaking and she is turned looking at nodding at him, her eyes are cold and calculating!

I just finished watching. I am not so sure she killed her old man.
Two reasons: 1.He told his friend "if he could pull this off" right before he disappeared.
2. He hid a lot of his money.

I do think it's possible he took off for Costa Rica to live the rest of his life in peace and anonymity.

I still have an issue believing any of the people involved so should Joe be in prison? I really don't know...he is crazy as a tit house rat for sure but all of them seemed a bit off to me.

Loved the movie though and will watch the Interviews.

Joe should be in jail for animal abuse alone, not enough punishment happens to people that harm animals and I feel more sad when animals get abused than when most humans do.

Why would Carols husband disappear and leave his millions to her though, makes no sense?

Joe should be in jail for animal abuse alone, not enough punishment happens to people that harm animals and I feel more sad when animals get abused than when most humans do.

Why would Carols husband disappear and leave his millions to her though, makes no sense?
He may have had a lot more money than that. He buried money and you can bet he had money in Costa Rico. I agree about the animal abuse, I just meant the scheme to kill Carol. I do not believe any of those people, not Joe, not any of them.

I hated they way they all treated these animals, it's heartbreaking.

He may have had a lot more money than that. He buried money and you can bet he had money in Costa Rico. I agree about the animal abuse, I just meant the scheme to kill Carol. I do not believe any of those people, not Joe, not any of them.

I hated they way they all treated these animals, it's heartbreaking.
...and yet Donald Trump junior didn’t get exactly why Joe was in prison and he has asked his Dad to look into it and possibly pardon him!😱😱

Yeah I suppose Mr Lewis could’ve and probably would’ve had money elsewhere, I genuinely couldn’t see that Carol was as bad as the rest made out and I think that Don probably treated her like crap too, hubby number 2 was devoted to her and you could tell, I also think that she treats the animals better than anyone else did, well asides from John Reinke.

...and yet Donald Trump junior didn’t get exactly why Joe was in prison and he has asked his Dad to look into it and possibly pardon him!😱😱

Yeah I suppose Mr Lewis could’ve and probably would’ve had money elsewhere, I genuinely couldn’t see that Carol was as bad as the rest made out and I think that Don probably treated her like crap too, hubby number 2 was devoted to her and you could tell, I also think that she treats the animals better than anyone else did, well asides from John Reinke.
I must respectfully disagree. I think Carol is a complete nutcase as many are that are involved with PETA. She kept those animals in extremely small cages and very often did not have enough to feed them. I think she as guilty for being an animal abusing nut as they all were.

Reactions: 8
So I watched the new non-episode last night.
I feel pretty bad for Josh. The way he spoke about needing therapy and medication to get over seeing Travis kill himself made me feel really bad. I'm not sure that's something I could get over. Especially the way he described it, sounds like it really was as an accident and Travis was aware for a few seconds after of what he'd done. That's just awful. Travis' story is tragic.

New episode wasn't anything exciting though. Just confirmed that Joe is an asshole

I can’t help but feel that this period of time will be remembered for coronavirus but also for Tiger King. What a pop culture moment this documentary is having!

Joe is completely narcissistic and self centred. In my opinion Carol looks to have killed her husband.

Also, I’m loving the creativity of this video! 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6