TiffanyThinks #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do we never see or hear about a Macmillan nurse & that kind of additional support? I have had several family members fight (some have lost, some have won) cancer battles and Macmillan and other peripheral supports are massively involved and important. I get they are optional and some people don't want them around but when it was happening to my mum, the Macmillan person came into every appointment with the consultants, surgeons, etc as a way to help put things into layman's terms afterwards when they would always have a debrief with her after and my mum could ask her any extra questions or seek clarity. They also support the family and so many other things. I can only presume T has shunned these support options?
Yes, Tiffany did say in one of the earlier videos that she had been told about macmillan support and recommended the Maggies centre, but she felt tired and wanted to go to her Aunties house instead.
Maggies centres are amazing. They offer counselling, massages, yoga, a place to go chat and relax. Benefits advice, help with PIP and the blue badge scheme.
When Tiffany was struggling to walk and Amma was struggling to find parking, they would have benefitted from having a blue badge and being able to park in a disabled bay close to the entrance.

Reactions: 15
Yes, Tiffany did say in one of the earlier videos that she had been told about macmillan support and recommended the Maggies centre, but she felt tired and wanted to go to her Aunties house instead.
Maggies centres are amazing. They offer counselling, massages, yoga, a place to go chat and relax. Benefits advice, help with PIP and the blue badge scheme.
When Tiffany was struggling to walk and Amma was struggling to find parking, they would have benefitted from having a blue badge and being able to park in a disabled bay close to the entrance.
Yes, the hospital my mum was under (a town over from Tiff) had an amazing centre attached to it, they offered massage, had a therapy dog, all sorts of crafts, a place to just chill or chat to others - they also would help with all the paperwork, had a befriending service, it was truly awesome and something like this (maggies) seems like something that would be so good for Tiff, Amma and Matt too. When my mum had a major cancer surgery me and my dad were able to wait in the comfort of the centre all day while we waited for news, so much better than waiting in a hospital corridor.. and full of excellent support)

T did mention the blue badge briefly but never elaborated on why she hadn't applied for it. She would qualify with minimal delay.

Reactions: 10
After sifting through newer comments where she actually responded last night, I feel confident in saying she's skirting the issue to draw this out for money/fame/clicks/whatever. There is absolutely NO WAY she has NO information after a stay in a hospital that required anesthesia, a morphine pump and take home morphine that she can use whenever she wants. There is no way she left that hospital without someone telling her what happened. That just doesn't happen, even in bad hospitals, yet her replies to the comments on YT in real time were she's still scared, crying and waiting, she has appts at the end of the week, she's so confused. Bullshit. And they just keep giving her morphine scripts? She has to have some level of addiction, that seems like a given.
The dramatic thumbnail pics are the worst and just prove clickbaiting and shock factor are in play for views.
No it doesn't happen.
Tiffany will have been visited in the recovery room before being taken to the ward. There someone will have told her what happened in theatre. Tiffany did say that she felt groggy and couldn't remember much. Thats fair enough, most patients don't remember much in the recovery area.
Morphine pump was arranged due to the pain Tiffany had after her last biopsy. Emergency hospital vists are costly to the NHS and if they can be avoided, plans will be put in place. Admitting her this time and offering a morphine pump prevents post A&E visits.
Oramorphe on discharge is absolutely normal after having been on Morphine pump. I personally could not understand them giving her antisickness during the night though, most doctors would discontinue the morphine pump because thats what causes nausea & sickness.

Before discharging a patient a plan needs to be put in place. Tiffany will have been visited by a consultant and he/she will have explained the planned procedure and what happened. Tiffany will have also been told what happens next and told who to contact, if she has any issues. You are right, they can't and don't just discharge patients without informing them. I saw posts 10 hours from Tiffany saying she is crying, scared and needs to get a biopsy.
It's cruel that she leads people on who truely care about her. They are there thinking Tiffany is a young vulnerable little girl who is on palliative care and the truth is being hidden from her. Telling her she might have a blockage and the cancer might have spread so much its caused a blockage? If Tiffany had a bowel blockage, she wouldn't have been discharged home! My friend had a blockage which burst, causing sepsis. One operation later and she was out of hospital fitted with a stoma bag.

Yes, the hospital my mum was under (a town over from Tiff) had an amazing centre attached to it, they offered massage, had a therapy dog, all sorts of crafts, a place to just chill or chat to others - they also would help with all the paperwork, had a befriending service, it was truly awesome and something like this (maggies) seems like something that would be so good for Tiff, Amma and Matt too. When my mum had a major cancer surgery me and my dad were able to wait in the comfort of the centre all day while we waited for news, so much better than waiting in a hospital corridor.. and full of excellent support)

T did mention the blue badge briefly but never elaborated on why she hadn't applied for it. She would qualify with minimal delay.
Thats the maggies centre that I mentioned :) True diamonds.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hi all. First, English is not my mother tongue, learned it in my adult life. Guys, we can see our own comment below Tiffany's pin, right? I think my comment was deleted. I genuinely cared about her and suggested some suggestions.

• Wow
Now she says her appointment is at the end of the week so hopefully she can update us soon:
View attachment 1692888
duck me, it will be two weeks at least before she says anything….well, whatever bits she chooses to say. Personally I don’t believe she has not had any results back and also why didn’t she say why they didn’t biopsy her? she spoke to her surgeon yet didn’t then say what he said, just grinning and saying we are soo happy!! Pathetic. Either share your cancer story or don’t. I’m honestly expecting the same result to come back. Nothing new, we repeat in 3 months…back to the most mundane life, repeat repeat repeat!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I truly believe Tiffany is terminal and is in complete denial. I think Amma and Matt know this or at least suspect this as well. I think Amma and Matt just agree with everything she wants to keep her happy and pacify her, sadly.

My ex-husband's father died of colon cancer. He was the type who never went to doctors. He had a lot of abdominal pain. He had so much pain one day, he couldn't have a bowel movement. He had to go for an emergency colonoscopy. We found out he had a tumor so large it was blocking his entire sigmoid colon. They could not get the scope past the tumor without it bleeding. They then removed about 6 inches of his colon. Unfortunately, it was too late as the cancer had spread to his liver. They tried a round of chemo and radiation but nothing was working. He was moved to hospice after about 2 weeks at hospital and about 3 weeks at home. After 1 week in hospice, he passed away.

I also lost my father to stomach cancer so I am quite familiar with this nasty disease. I have a bad feeling about Tiffany. I suspect they cannot get past the tumor with the scope. I think if they tried, she would bleed excessively and in her frail condition, that could be very dangerous. The surgeon probably saw how large the tumor was and felt it wasn't worth doing the biopsy. Her constantly being on morphine was just like my father and father-in-law at the end. Neither of them could go without morphine as the pain was too much. This might be TMI for some people, but the oncologist told us that if he did not have the tumor removed when he did, he would not be able to have a bowel movement and would throw up everything he ate because the tumor created a blockage. He even mentioned that some patients even start vomiting feces at the end due to the blockage. Colon cancer is a nasty disease. Also, her being tired could be because of internal bleeding at the tumor site. A lot of people with colon cancer will have anemia from the tumor bleeding internally.

I'm sorry to say, but I think the doctors now know she is terminal and are hesitant to tell her because of her mental instability and behaviour. I feel so sorry for everyone involved in this including Tiffany. She is a royal pain in the butt but I think when she finally realizes her true situation, it will destroy her mentally and maybe even physically.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I have not watched an episode in weeks maybe longer than a month and I can easily determine from these posts nothing has changed with her updates. I’m so happy I disconnected when I did as I could not imagine being sucked into this confusion any further. It’s truly sad on so many levels. And unfortunately she is not a trustworthy representative of this journey which just sounds unbelievable to even write!
I hope those suffering who continue to follow her find the courage to disconnect as there are other much more honorable souls to support

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m not a doctor, but I don’t think it’s right for doctors to withhold telling her she’s terminal if she truly is. They are obligated to disclose this, so I don’t think they’re stringing her along for the sake of protecting her mental health. I don’t think that’s what’s happening here.

Reactions: 12
I truly believe Tiffany is terminal and is in complete denial. I think Amma and Matt know this or at least suspect this as well. I think Amma and Matt just agree with everything she wants to keep her happy and pacify her, sadly.

My ex-husband's father died of colon cancer. He was the type who never went to doctors. He had a lot of abdominal pain. He had so much pain one day, he couldn't have a bowel movement. He had to go for an emergency colonoscopy. We found out he had a tumor so large it was blocking his entire sigmoid colon. They could not get the scope past the tumor without it bleeding. They then removed about 6 inches of his colon. Unfortunately, it was too late as the cancer had spread to his liver. They tried a round of chemo and radiation but nothing was working. He was moved to hospice after about 2 weeks at hospital and about 3 weeks at home. After 1 week in hospice, he passed away.

I also lost my father to stomach cancer so I am quite familiar with this nasty disease. I have a bad feeling about Tiffany. I suspect they cannot get past the tumor with the scope. I think if they tried, she would bleed excessively and in her frail condition, that could be very dangerous. The surgeon probably saw how large the tumor was and felt it wasn't worth doing the biopsy. Her constantly being on morphine was just like my father and father-in-law at the end. Neither of them could go without morphine as the pain was too much. This might be TMI for some people, but the oncologist told us that if he did not have the tumor removed when he did, he would not be able to have a bowel movement and would throw up everything he ate because the tumor created a blockage. He even mentioned that some patients even start vomiting feces at the end due to the blockage. Colon cancer is a nasty disease. Also, her being tired could be because of internal bleeding at the tumor site. A lot of people with colon cancer will have anemia from the tumor bleeding internally.

I'm sorry to say, but I think the doctors now know she is terminal and are hesitant to tell her because of her mental instability and behaviour. I feel so sorry for everyone involved in this including Tiffany. She is a royal pain in the butt but I think when she finally realizes her true situation, it will destroy her mentally and maybe even physically.
That’s the thing, you could see she was terrified about the biopsy not being done, it really shows she is in complete denial. She has thought from the start a bit of chemo, a bit of radiation, surgery then get on with life. She has never taken on board how serious this is and she has been told. She’s been shown what surgery would involve but she just chooses not to believe it. I wouldn’t be surprised if she just disappears of YT.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m not a doctor, but I don’t think it’s right for doctors to withhold telling her she’s terminal if she truly is. They are obligated to disclose this, so I don’t think they’re stringing her along for the sake of protecting her mental health. I don’t think that’s what’s happening here.
Doctors do not withhold information like this. If she has terminal cancer they WILL have told her this and made sure she’s fully understanding what that means.

Doctors do not withhold information like this. If she has terminal cancer they WILL have told her this and made sure she’s fully understanding what that means.
I know - My post was referring to the poster above me who mentioned this hypothesis (see below):

“I'm sorry to say, but I think the doctors now know she is terminal and are hesitant to tell her because of her mental instability and behavior”.

Reactions: 5
Thanks guys, I forgot to add that something that compounds this feeling for me is that I had also devoutly followed Emily Hayward, Pee Wee Toms, etc and those journeys were always so harrowing, real, and raw - everything was laid out clearly and in a timely manner, as awful as everything was I never felt anything was being hidden, far from it... and this just.. ugh.. just feels off. Tiffany is entitled to share as much or as little as she feels comfortable with but I wish she knew that her loving Tiffany Thinks family are real people who really really worry about her. It isn't a game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a crazy person living in a para-social world, I just am hugely empathetic and I have been worried about someone I 'cared for' as I had invested in her from the videos and I actually was surprised at how much it was affecting me, I think I will be stepping back.
I followed emily too, still watch her videos sometimes. She was such a genuine person. Watching her videos made me want to be better. The early videos of tiffany made me feel like maybe her channel will be like emily's...but oh no.

She loves attention. That's it. Even this board probably feeds her need for attention. I worry she is learning from her journey, the more her cancer journey is severe/sad/unclear, the more attention she gets. She will feed into that and continue making videos that many of us find infuriating. I dont want to feel badly about her "success" on youtube because its makes me feel like a tit person. So the best thing is stop following and wish her the best. I do hope she gets better but watching her makes me into a not so nice person. No more!

• Heart
I’m an expat living in Asia and from my perspective doctors here are treating patients like babies. Extremely nice, calming and protective - as European I had problems (even if it was a nice experience) to be on the same page and had to look for expatriate colorectal surgeon who was telling me straight away what’s going on and what is the next move. I believe that’s the reason why Tiff is so attached to “her” surgeon as coming from similar ethical background and he just knows how to approach her.

I also tried to google “colon dilation” as Tiffany mentioned doctor tried to dilate to get biopsy and I found out that actually it can mean he tried to dilate the colon with gas or even ballon which is used sometimes during obstruction. She also shows symptoms of bowel blockage: abdominal pain, loss of appetite, vomiting. Obstruction is much more common with advanced cancer and in patients who had radiotherapy to the abdomen. Of course I doubt Tiffany would share with us all these details..
[/QUOTE]
If tiffany had a blockage, she wouldn't be discharged. Blockages can lead to bursting, bursting can lead to sepsis. Sepsis kills cancer patients, especially if chemo has left them immune compromised. If Tiffany had a blockage they would operating swiftly.

Doctors here in the UK don't treat patients like babies. Tiffany portrays herself that she is confused and doesn't understand.
Doctors are actually quite the opposite. Many times my husbands consultant keeps reminding us that treatment is palliative only, ie don't be expecting a cure, the best you can expect is stable disease. It's not nice to hear this, but doctors have to be honest and they are.
If Tiffany was on palliative care, she would have been told. They don't treat patients like babies.

Tiffanys surgeon actually sounds extremely level headed and practicle. In his opinion he stated Tiffany may be better delaying surgery for aslong as possible (may be he has seen how she reacts to her having a biopsy and fears how an earth she would handle major surgery), and has stated a watch and wait approach while she is NED (Scans and biopsies are showing no evidence of disease) <I should add that this doesnt mean a patient is cancer free. Watch and wait is usually scans and a consult every 12 weeks, but in Tiffanys case he has offered every 6 weeks. He did say surgery may be better for Tiffany for her mental health. This may be because he senses that Tiffany is spending all her time wondering and isn't leading a good QOL. Quality of life is everything in the world of oncology. Oncologists love seeing patients thrive.

Please don't go believing our health system is as bad as it is being portrayed to be. Our consultants and surgeons are always honest. There is also 3 services that I can think of that Tiffany hasn't used. 1) Macmillan support, 2 Maggies centres, dedicated centres to suppot cancer patients and their families 3) pyschiatric oncologist. Tiffanys chooses to blog her journey and openly says its a form of therapy for her.

I followed emily too, still watch her videos sometimes. She was such a genuine person. Watching her videos made me want to be better. The early videos of tiffany made me feel like maybe her channel will be like emily's...but oh no.

She loves attention. That's it. Even this board probably feeds her need for attention. I worry she is learning from her journey, the more her cancer journey is severe/sad/unclear, the more attention she gets. She will feed into that and continue making videos that many of us find infuriating. I dont want to feel badly about her "success" on youtube because its makes me feel like a tit person. So the best thing is stop following and wish her the best. I do hope she gets better but watching her makes me into a not so nice person. No more!

I wonder how Emilys partner is?

Yes, the titles of videos and thumbnails are well chosen. BLOOD & MUCUS?

The ones I do feel sorry for is Mat and Amma. Althout Mat defintely doesn't look like the deer caught in headlights like he used to do. He gets on with life, working, running, socialising etc. At times he looks frustrated when Tiffany is filming.
Amma? It breaks my heart to see a mother worrying.
Remember when they allowed Tiffanys mum to sleep at the hospital with her? Only parents are usually allowed to sleep at the hospital when their kids are sick. The NHS make allowances for Tiffany. It upsets me to see Tiffany making videos and riling up her viewers who then bad mouth our health service.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
What surprises me is that she has a medical / scientific background herself, so she should know better and have the ability to understand her doctors and take ownership of her cancer journey. Quite surprising.

You are right. Doctors

I am new here. Tiff deleted my comment that I suggested to find new surgeons ... In the UK must be more surgeons who are capable do similar operations and also more reliable. I saw Tattle link between comments.
I agree she is in denial. But according to the papers she showed us, she is not terminal, not in palliative care. Stage 3 rectal cancer with good treatment plan can be successfully treated in most cases. Her treatment should have curative intent. In the other hand her situation might go worse since she didn't have treatment for 2 months.

Reactions: 8
That’s the thing, you could see she was terrified about the biopsy not being done, it really shows she is in complete denial. She has thought from the start a bit of chemo, a bit of radiation, surgery then get on with life. She has never taken on board how serious this is and she has been told. She’s been shown what surgery would involve but she just chooses not to believe it. I wouldn’t be surprised if she just disappears of YT.
What's annoying is she is complaining about the surgeon and nurses she speaks to and her subscribers immediately believe everything she's saying and then comment that she's not getting adequate medical care and she's being ignored. She's said over and over that he's been too sick to see her and keeps saying "I don't know if he's still sick or not" but it doesn't make sense that people would keep telling her that. I just don't believe what she's saying. It seems whenever she hears something that contradicts the idea that she'll be cancer free soon, she pretends not to understand or say that the doctors weren't clear with her. To rile up her subscribers against medical professionals who are likely just doing their jobs is really too much..

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wonder how Emilys partner is?
She has a instagram. She had a baby! It sounds like she thinks about emily often and is living her life to the fullest. This is the thing that emily did for her viewers. Remind us that life is precious. Sometimes when you get bogged down by everyday things you have to remind yourself these things.

• Heart
It's also really unsettling that she said Amma told her "what if there is no tumor there anymore so they can't biopsy anything"....what in the world would give her the idea that suddenly the tumor just vanished out of nowhere?... That comment alone shows how detached Tiffany is from reality. You're in the hospital throwing up and sick, you're still taking morphine, but you think the cancer just isn't there anymore??

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
So I’m now Not sure what the outcome is with Tiffany..considering Matt went off anyway and didn’t cancel his trip makes me think the family are convinced she’s in some kind of remission but that still doesn’t excuse leaving the obv unwell Tiffany on her own through this last op?..she doesn’t have really close friends so all the weight of dealing with her is on her poor mum..so I’m now wondering if the colon restriction is actual damage from the radiotherapy if you Google it, it has the same symptoms as the worst possible outcome for Tiffany..apparently if it is the radiation and She has the worst case of that it’d possibly mean corrective surgery..and I understand the w&w approach is sometimes used in very early and very advanced cancer and sometimes it’s the best decision As the evisceration surgery is so life changing and the outcome eventually doesn’t change regardless..and she’s never gonna go for that surgery let’s be honest..and the drs know that..so why would her busy surgeon be invested in her journey as he’s never going to be doing the MOAS on her..shes projecting too much on him..she really needs to be this focused on what her oncologist is thinking..after a whole year she should be an expert on her type of cancer but as we know she most defo isn’t..shes literally floundered from day one..the shock horror in the waiting room about all those old people with what is essentially an old persons cancer..you were the odd one out there Tiffany..but I kind of understand the overwhelm she initially must have felt but she’s basically just used the diagnosis as a means to profit and build her platform and no one here is any doubt about that part of her journey..
I won’t be surprised at whatever way this plays out..

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
It's also really unsettling that she said Amma told her "what if there is no tumor there anymore so they can't biopsy anything"....what in the world would give her the idea that suddenly the tumor just vanished out of nowhere?... That comment alone shows how detached Tiffany is from reality. You're in the hospital throwing up and sick, you're still taking morphine, but you think the cancer just isn't there anymore??
Not a fan of Amma. She does care about Tiffany, like noone else in this family it seems, but she's not very smart. That would explain being a religious freak believing in miracles, just like all the blinded people in comments.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.