Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Saydee

VIP Member
I totally agree. It is part of standard care in some special cases of rectal cancers. Barely (never ?) used for colon cancers and even low lying but a bit higher tumours like low sigmoid borderline rectum ( my dad had that).
What do you mean by trial? Its confusing! Watch and wait is standard care, previously you said it wasn't?
I posted the NHS article in the last article, published by the christie in manchester. Watch and wait is very much an approach in colon cancer.
Sorry to read about your dad. My husband was diagnosed with cancer when he was 28 but unfortunately, it was advanced when diagnosed, now on palliative care.
I suspect her surgeon wants to watch and wait while there is no active disease on scans and biopsies? Yes the biopsy may have hit healthy tissue but scans are normally very accurate.
He did offer her surgery though. I think a few of the 'tiffanythinks family' forget that?!

• Sad
Reactions: 5

ginnyw

VIP Member
Damn, that's just cold blooded and heartless and ignorant. Yes, biopsies can be painful, even just poking around to attempt one. I had a biopsy done and it hurt like hell and I took a whole week off work. And it was from a smaller tumor than the one Tiffany is dealing with. Mine only bled a little. Hers is in an even worse and sensitive area. And it's from an area that's been radiated before, which causes thinning of tissues. Next time you have a biopsy or a poke around your radiated rectum, be sure to let us know how wonderfully painless it was.
I think you make a fair point. Guess we're all just very frustrated at this point. But you have made me think and I am sorry you had to go through pain.

• Heart

Sheba

I think that ranking has to do with whether her video pops up in recommendations to non-subscribed.

Wildflowerss

I can assure you most ‘experienced’ surgeons/ physicians/ ortho’s all read the MRI’s, CT’s, PETS’s etc scans by visually reviewing the images long before the reports arrive.
They are more than qualified to review scans and the technical reports by the radiologist are mere consolidation and confirmation of what they conclude anyway. Just another way Tiffany knows to hold out on information is to continually say ‘waiting for results’ … well that is laughable when you know how things work.
Not sure why its taking so long. I will say this, it might take an few extra days to gather her team to go over the scans , discuss her case and reach a consensus on their plan moving forward. Its not as simple as just her one surgeon reading them and calling her. There has been a team put in place a couple months ago for her case.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

EmyUrban

Yes you are right~ she says the doctor said the "cancer may spread" in 6-12 months without surgery. I don't know why I thought it was 6-9 months left to live without surgery....I may have read misinformation on a Youtube comment. Apologies for the inaccuracy in my question. I'm getting my facts mixed up now, oops.

She seemed perfectly reasonable in that video though btw, understanding everything her doctor told her. It's the last 2 months that has seen a rapid decline in mental capacity.
Oh your question was one I wanted to ask myself because like you I’ve read a comment (here I think or maybe on YT) about those 6-9 months and I’ve always wondered in what video it was so thank you for the question! And yes she seemed perfectly reasonable in that video …

• Heart

EmyUrban

You are right. Doctors

I am new here. Tiff deleted my comment that I suggested to find new surgeons ... In the UK must be more surgeons who are capable do similar operations and also more reliable. I saw Tattle link between comments.
I agree she is in denial. But according to the papers she showed us, she is not terminal, not in palliative care. Stage 3 rectal cancer with good treatment plan can be successfully treated in most cases. Her treatment should have curative intent. In the other hand her situation might go worse since she didn't have treatment for 2 months.
Are you a doctor ? Are you talking about this comment below ?

I agree she is not supposed to be terminal and her treatment plan is … different ? I don’t know if you’re in UK, I am French so I don’t know for sure, but according to people living in UK/ London, Marsden Hospital is a really good one. Don’t you think that maybe her doctors know what they do even if it seems unconventional ? At first I wondered if they were crazy but now I don’t know, we don’t know enough to be able to assess her exact situation whereas they do … Is it really possible they are so bad or is she lying pretending they are the ones pushing for the wait and watch whereas she is the one who refuses surgery ???

Attachments

suzeq

Chatty Member
agree about her want/need for attention. I watched an old video of hers yesterday. From 3 years ago titled "we broke up". It was ridiculous. She strung it out, was being all fake coy and truly spoke as if she was an A list celebrity breaking the news to her fans. I was interested to see her character pre cancer as it makes you realise much of what we see now is her character not all explained by the trauma/denial/brain fog etc
And that was a long time after they actually broke up, too.

I did give her credit for not using her channel to garner support and complain about him. She was very circumspect and scant with any personal details about it. I respected her discretion. It could have been ugly if they had had an online spat over what had gone down.

virgocat

I am quite convinced they are very good. That’s why I am quite sure they are the ones who pushed for the wait and watch . The surgery would be of great benefits they would have pushed for it and would have succeeded, they might do it in the future. They would not let her this option if she was not a good candidate even if she « doesn’t like the surgery ». Not everyone can go in those trials as they are pleased just because they don’t « feel » the surgery you know … Some criterias have to be respected to be in those trials and she probably has them ( more or less perfectly obviously as each case is unique ) .
They can't force her to have surgery? If a patient is refusing to have the most optimal treatment they have to do the next best thing for their care. I'm well aware you don't just choose to go into a medical trial, that's why I'm pretty convinced she isn't on one, because she would have had at least some psychological input.

EmyUrban

Well Tiffany herself said « wait and watch » and that is the name of a trial , well call that a trial or a new approach to avoid or delay surgery for some specific rectal cancer cases … Her surgeon is doing research on those new strategies as well, it makes sense since they are the best . And it would explain the weird treatment plan, MRI and biopsies every few weeks and Tiffany waiting without any other treatment…

Saydee

VIP Member
Are you a doctor ? Are you talking about this comment below ?

I agree she is not supposed to be terminal and her treatment plan is … different ? I don’t know if you’re in UK, I am French so I don’t know for sure, but according to people living in UK/ London, Marsden Hospital is a really good one. Don’t you think that maybe her doctors know what they do even if it seems unconventional ? At first I wondered if they were crazy but now I don’t know, we don’t know enough to be able to assess her exact situation whereas they do … Is it really possible they are so bad or is she lying pretending they are the ones pushing for the wait and watch whereas she is the one who refuses surgery ???
The Royal Marsden is a leading cancer hospital. It's one of the UK's best.

They can't force her to have surgery? If a patient is refusing to have the most optimal treatment they have to do the next best thing for their care. I'm well aware you don't just choose to go into a medical trial, that's why I'm pretty convinced she isn't on one, because she would have had at least some psychological input.
Tiffany is most def not on a medical trial.
Surgeon didn't think surgery was appropriate right now because scans and biopsies are showing NED.Watch and wait is sensible.

PW212

Chatty Member
Tiffany “so much time has gone on, I am freaking out, no treatment..” yes! because Tiffany that was the choice you made!
Her timing of 8 wks is spot on to the research protocol of watch and wait. We will wait for her next steps to see where she falls next. The decision tree on it is very spelled out in advance based on scan results. You can follow the different treatment decisions really easily once you know her results or next steps decided on.

• Heart

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
This further proves that she has gotten some good results and the likelihood of being part of the watch and wait trial is good. There are promising results for some on this protocol.
Where are you getting the information from that she’s on a trial????????

virgocat

I really don't think Tiffany is on a clinical trial.. It definitely wouldn't have just been sprung on her in her pre-op appointment with her surgeon

oceanbaby

Chatty Member
I think the piecing together of information on Tiffany's kind of cancer and that Royal Marsden are currently doing clinical trials in respect of this. However Tiffany is a terrible candidate for a clinical trial, I don't believe she would be even asked to enter into one and I also don't believe she would agree to be part of a clinical trial.

I really do believe it's Tiffany who proposed the idea of waiting and this has been spun into it being her surgeon that has pushed her into this.
Why do people seem to think it's not possible her surgeon suggested waiting 6 weeks? I'm not saying Tiffany and Matt are entirely reliable in the info they give, but she did say her surgeon told her he would recommend her to wait the 6 weeks. This was in her "NO SURGERY" video. Matt said the surgeon was recommending her to wait the 6 weeks, but that ultimately it was her decision. Considering she seems to idolize this surgeon, it makes sense to me that she is following his advice. Had he told her surgery is the way to go, I do tend to think she would have taken his advice just going by how much faith she seems to have in him.

EmyUrban

Im a medical professional and I have done my research on this type of trial. Done in the UK and the US. I read the protocols and research papers thus far. All her treatment schedules, milestones, inclusion criteria etc line up to opting into the trial. Her surgeon is involved with this type of research. It all lines up but of course TT wont confirm it. Not sure why other then she doesnt want us to really follow along and know where she is in her plan. Of course I could be wrong but nothing else makes sense. The trials show good survival rates and they can minimize or save surgery for lower located bowel cancers. This would make sense for her given her age and her reluctance to just go forward with total pelvic exenteration. It was likely offered to her but she would have to consent after full disclosure of course. If she declined then as he said the doc could do the surgery. So we do not know for sure if she is in the trial but it seems very likely. Of course if she at any time is not doing well or her progress is regressing then she comes off of the trial and is offered the surgery or its her choice to go palliative etc. surgery can be done as palliative also. Depends on her status.
Thank you I totally agree. I have read some of those trials as well and they are done in France too, as research/experimental approach .