Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EmyUrban

Yes, I am a doctor, I have been going through cancer journey myself so I haven't been working for couple of years.
No, this is not my comment. I think comment was deleted, because I couldn't see it anymore. Usually you see your comment below youtuber's pin, right?
I am not from the UK nor the US. But in general UK has one of the best health care in the world. My personal opinion is they didn't push her to wait. Maybe they presented it one of options and she took it. I guess the reason why she wanted to wait was the negative biopsies, she put so much hope into it.
Usually you see your comment below youtuber’s pin, yes I think so …
Thank you for your answer. They definitely offered the option and never seemed very enthousiatic about the surgery to begin with …

Reactions: 4

Wildflowerss

⁴ the¾a!!!!aa!!a!!a!4⁵
I've been watching through a lot of Tiffany's YouTube content over the last week or so. Then realised this thread exists and I'm so glad it does!
As someone mentioned earlier in the comments, she is very odd!

It really does frustrate me how badly she paints The Royal Marsden to be. Our NHS does have problems, of course. But The Marsden is one of the very best cancer hospitals. Has she ever acknowledged how lucky she is to be receiving care and treatment there?

I've recently been referred to The Marsden after receiving my own recent cancer diagnosis. I've nothing but positive things to say about the place. It's been only a short time so far for me, but they have been absolutely amazing and the communication has been excellent.

Also, the way she goes on and on about her surgeon is so weird. I'm surprised that he doesn't have a chaperone with him when he comes to see her. She says far too much about him, she really shouldn't be going on about his health, his kids, what he's doing with his time off etc. I'd be really annoyed if I were him.

I also cannot believe that she once worked as an optometrist. I just don't believe it - she just seems far too immature and weird. Even in her pre-cancer videos she was like this. Imagine going to her for an eye test...she'd be giggling whilst telling you it's complicated and hectic. Maybe she did work in an opticians - but definitely not as an optometrist.

Lastly, Matt! He seems to get a lot of praise in the YouTube comments, really not sure why? Maybe I've missed something? And what's his obsession with his crappy car snacks. I know he should be able to eat what he likes, but maybe not so much in front of Tiffany. He should be trying to set a better example and encouraging her to eat better. I feel like she'd listen more to what he says, than her Mother and sister, who do seem to try.
great point. its crossing boundaries.

Saydee

VIP Member
I am not sure I understand what you mean by sensible but yes it’s certainly a sound and wise decision I never said the contrary quite the opposite they probably consider her NED . But Wait and watch is precisely the name of the strategy only used as trials since it’s not in the standard guidelines for treating cancers … Maybe she is not on the trial yet because she has to be stable for a while but they are probably thinking about it, if not she will definitely get surgery if possible…
I am confused?
What is a trial to do with watch and wait?
My husband has been on 'watch and wait' several times in the last 4 years. Watch and wait between treatments.
Its very much standard guidelines for many cancers.

virgocat

Of course she bloody knows!!!!!!!! She will get appointment letters in the post detailing who the appointment is with. None of this is secret squirrel stuff - they don’t hide this from patients. Results appointments are booked in with oncologists/consultants and she will receive appointment letters well in advance.
yup like she probably knew it wasn't going to be her surgeon who did the biopsy but still threw a strop over it

ginnyw

VIP Member
If anybody could start a new thread that would be great. Previous post from me contained some title suggestions.

Reactions: 3

EmyUrban

They are a world renowned cancer centre, there's no questioning of 'if they're that good'. People don't lose personal autonomy just because they have an illness, you cannot force someone to have treatment for an illness like this. It is very evident through Tiffany's recount of events and her general demeanour that it is her that pushed the watch and wait approach, the team looking after her can tell her that it will be the best outcome for her until they're blue in the face, but if she doesn't want it they have to find an alternative approach.
I am quite convinced they are very good. That’s why I am quite sure they are the ones who pushed for the wait and watch . The surgery would be of great benefits they would have pushed for it and would have succeeded, they might do it in the future. They would not let her this option if she was not a good candidate even if she « doesn’t like the surgery ». Not everyone can go in those trials as they are pleased just because they don’t « feel » the surgery you know … Some criterias have to be respected to be in those trials and she probably has them ( more or less perfectly obviously as each case is unique ) .

Sheba

POLL time! I am curious about my living TL family.

When you watch cancer journey vlogs, how much content do you fast forward?
None
Music montages only
10-25%
Easily half
Almost everything but the cancer updates.

I will tell you I'm in it for the updates. Montage, happy mail, memory making excursions - generally do NOT make my cut! I know, this probably makes me sound like a vampire...

Wildflowerss

Saydee is right. Watch and wait is for people who had complet response for chemoradiation. My specialization is not oncologogy nor surgery. My knowledge about oncology is basic. But looked it up, candidates for watch and wait approach are rectal cancer patients without lymph node involment and smaller size tumors T1-2 rarely T3 who had complet response. The purpose of this approach is to spare rectum for better quality of life. She doesn't meet the criteria. I don't think she is on real wait and watch protocol. The doctor decided to wait for 6 weeks not sure why. I think she needs to have surgery unless she refuses it.
yep totally agree. we've been over this here a lot and her tumor and location and stage; surgery is the only way.

EmyUrban

I do think it's an important point to make again that Tiffany did not utter anything about WW until her comments and this thread started talking about it. Her original video states the surgeon offered deferral of surgery for 6 weeks.
Yes because prior to wait and watch you have to be stable for a while without treatment to be a « real » candidate I guess . So those 6 weeks are to check if she stays stable. If any active disease then it’s surgery or chemo or something depending on the findings/ the situation so no more wait and watch .

Wildflowerss

So the gofundme is not to fund treatment/ private healthcare then but for holidaying in the Maldives 🤔
She said in a previous video she couldn't travel to Ireland to see Matt's family so how is she going to do long haul to a third world country which has a healthcare system that makes the NHS look like five star.
I doubt she has anything to do with that GFM.

EmyUrban

I think we know by this point what her and Matt say has zero credibility. I really struggle to believe that it was her surgeon who pushed for wait and watch, it doesn't make any sense. If her surgeon thought that was truly the best option, considering what a harrowing surgery it is, I think he would've taken surgery off the table completely and explained why. I also don't think Tiffany is the kind of person to agree to a medical trial, you have to agree to be part of a trial and this wouldn't have just been sprung on her in a pre-op appointment. We have little to no information from Tiffany when it comes to her disease, we are essentially watching lifestyle vlogs from a hospital bed at this point.
Taking surgery off the table completely is not part of the wait and watch protocols though . Surgery when possible and urgently needed is always performed so if he finds any cancerous activity in the tumour he will try his best to perform surgery for sure. Wait and watch is only possible for stable people with stable size of tumour and clear MRI/ scans.
I wondered why she didn’t say she was in a trial cause yes you have to sign to agree to be in it. Maybe they want to check if she remains stable without treatment for some weeks / months before considering definitely putting her in the trial but are definitely thinking about it. I agree that we have little to no information so we obviously don’t know for sure …

BCrowl

Chatty Member
Interesting that that comment from Tiff (3h ago) says she hopes to receive the results in the next few days.
I do wish I understood when Vlogs were filmed to understand how long it's taken to receive results

Iff she's due them in the next few days, maybe we won't hear about it in the rest of this week's uploads and it'll be next week before we know more :rolleyes:
Yes, I try to figure out when she’s actually filming these. It’s difficult, though. I think this surgical procedure was last week or maybe even the week before. Most vloggers who do “day in the life” videos, whether it’s about cancer or not, try to give us an idea about when they filmed. I was surprised too, that she answered that she is still waiting for results. When my beloved Dad was dying of brain cancer, he had MRI’s and they came back within a day or the same day.

ginnyw

VIP Member
Thread titles suggestions to go after Tiffany 6:

TiffanyTwitters
Tiffany - We Need an Epiphany
TiffanySinks
TiffanyMinx

• Haha

Doc22

You are taking everything she is saying as gospel. Stop it. She’s talking absolute GARBAGE.
It has been already 1 year since she started chemotherapy. Most people would be done with their treatment in a year. I agree it is a prestigious institute. But individual doctors do mistakes all the time, of course not intentionally.

Doc22

Yes, but the very sorry fact is that in many cases of the vaginectomy the clitoris also have to go. And for that organ there is no surrogate 😢.

Don't forget the slippers.

The odds are not the best on colorectal cancer an certainly when it is in young people. I do think that the research population must be of all ages.
Since she has rectal cancer she would have probably posterior exenteration. In this case her bladder and vulva including clitoris remain intact.

Wildflowerss

I think the first round of Chemo didn't shrink the tumour, so they put her on Chemo and Radio a second time but as a preventative measure to stop spread, rather than reduce.

Not to say that isn't possible, I don't know that and the article seems to suggest otherwise - but I still think it'd be surprising.
also in that article patient Paul said his tumor was about to break through the wall of the bowel. That already happened with Tiffany's T4B tumor.