Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wildflowerss

I don't think many understand watch and wait?
Watch and wait usually always follows a partial or full (complete) response to treatment. If disease progresses, the patient comes of watch and wait and has surgery, radiation, starts a new line of treatment.
In 4 years my husband has been on 'watch and wait' 3 times. When the next scan has showed ACTIVE disease, he comes off watch and wait.
I see on tiffanys videos and on here that many don't appear to understand watch and wait and the reason it is part of standard care.
Trust me the regular posters here get it and understand WW. Articles and case studies have been posted here regarding Locally Advanced Colon Cancer t4b tumor that is located in the lower bowel.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

jackolantern

VIP Member
You can’t spread cancer like that. If she seriously believes that kind of nonsense she needs to pull her head out of her arsehole and start educating herself on what’s happening inside her own body.
You can. It's very rare but it has happened, studies and even official Cancer based medical sources say so. So not likely, but not nonsense.

• Wow
  • Heart
The whole surgeon situation is strange. First suggested her to wait (for what) then didn't do her biopsy himself even the second biopsy was his idea. He should have offered her the best option, Tiff is not the type of person who can do informed desicion since she is afraid to do research about her disease. She should seek another surgeon.
Hi, in your opinion do you think her surgeon is withholding bad news from her? It seems the other Doctors have given her news she dislikes, even the Dr that spoke to her post/biopsy made her cry a lot (we don’t know what was said) so she has latched onto this Surgeon and formed a strange bond with him, could this be the case her Surgeon is not 100% transparent with her?

Also if you don’t mind me asking, how did you find her channel and this thread? Thanks, good to have a Doctor here.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
They'd use their own bank account since they appear to be be raising funds to gift money for a vacation to the Maldives. To transfer funds to Tiffany they'd have to have her setup as a beneficiary to the GFM, but adding her is not a requirement. Again, if she reports this to GFM they would most likely make them take it down. I could be wrong but I doubt she is aware of this person. Her GFM would be medical related if she had one.
That can’t be legit?? Claiming to be raising money for someone but it having all your own bank details…… that’s sketchy as fuck.

Saydee

VIP Member
People aren't believing her because she doesn't give an accurate account of her situation and she drip feeds minimal information. Tiffany didn't even mention 'wait and watch' as an official term until people were saying this in her comments. She said her surgeon said it might be better for her mental health if she waits, that was the reasoning she said her surgeon gave. My thoughts are she was incredibly undereducated on what the surgery entailed and when the surgeon was fully explaining it to her she had a breakdown and said she didn't want to have it. Why would waiting to see if the cancer becomes inoperable (which she said the surgeon told her it could become) be better for her mental health unless she had a strong aversion to habing the surgery.
I agree 100%. Tiffany was waiting for surgery. When the surgeon explained what it actually entails? Mind change! Its a life changing surgery. If Tiffany cant cope with post biopsy bleeding? The surgeon will be massively concerned about how surgery will effect her. Her bleeding prompted a trip to the hospital, and admission, costs to the NHS. Nothing could be done because its to be expected after a biopsy.

Maybe a more fitting one in Tiffanys case.
The last one I posted was for prostate cancer. It did give a basic understanding of active surveillance and watch and wait.

• Heart

Idrisrex

Chatty Member
Whoa! A lot of people wake up from this surgery and go on to live normal lives with the exception of having to manage urine and feces via stoma. One woman I follow on Twitter has a very physically active life. You can google and find an article about an MD who is back at work after his pelvic exenteration. It’s a long recovery, often with numerous morbidities (complications) but after that people have good quality of life. And it’s safe enough that it is done on people in their 80’s.
Edit: also a new vagina is created by a reconstructive surgeon after the pelvic organs are removed. The medical expertise for this has been increased over the years as it is also done for male to female trans people.
Yes, but the very sorry fact is that in many cases of the vaginectomy the clitoris also have to go. And for that organ there is no surrogate 😢.

Here's where it all began. The one in red sweater she briefly mentioned about having an op and didn't want to get into the details. (Very typical of her).

Then she did cancer 2022 video. Few scans later, the cancer has spread. This leaves me to think that she had had cancer before. Way before 2022.

"My darling matt is back..say hello (baby voice). I'd like some tea and some chips.
Don't forget the slippers.

I think that it says only 20% are good candidates for wait and watch ? But for those who don’t have surgery and try wait and watch after three years there are 38 % of risks of reoccurrence I believe …? « Although most recurrences were treatable by surgery, the impact of deferring it on long term survival is unknown.«
The odds are not the best on colorectal cancer an certainly when it is in young people. I do think that the research population must be of all ages.

Last edited:

PW212

Chatty Member
Lol. Many are urging her to turn the comments off. Of course she cant do that. Isnt some $$$ generated by how many comments she gets or is it just views?
Its views, length of views, length of watching the ads any interactions such as likes, dislikes, comments, sharing or subscribing. The close up dramatic thumbnails gets more sharing with others by YT. Notice more YT thumbnails have weird distorted looks on them. Some YT’s have explained all of this in their vids bc they know its weird asf.

J3N1800

I did a little research on “her” surgeon and found this article: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/879384/Bowel-cancer-survivor-second-doctor-s-opinion/amp

“Paul’s surgeon, Mr Shahnawaz Rasheed, says: “We gave Paul chemotherapy and radiotherapy and in a small proportion of patients this shrinks the cancer completely. Paul was one of the lucky people for whom the cancer regressed. Because the treatment is still in trial stage, we don’t yet know what percentage of patients it works for but it’s less than 50 per cent.” - maybe it’s the case with Tiff? On the other hand, I saw few posts that her oncologist said the tumor is still the same and what would block the scope if we throw away obstruction (as other mentioned she would be kept in hospital and operated).
I think the first round of Chemo didn't shrink the tumour, so they put her on Chemo and Radio a second time but as a preventative measure to stop spread, rather than reduce.

Not to say that isn't possible, I don't know that and the article seems to suggest otherwise - but I still think it'd be surprising.

Idrisrex

Chatty Member
And that was a long time after they actually broke up, too.

I did give her credit for not using her channel to garner support and complain about him. She was very circumspect and scant with any personal details about it. I respected her discretion. It could have been ugly if they had had an online spat over what had gone down.
I had the feeling that she was given the boot and that was the reason of her silence about things.

• Haha
  • Heart

PW212

Chatty Member
This is OLD clinical trial/ research protocol ....it has been closed to recruitment for years and has been reported so it is not open to new recruits!
The results of this trial is how they now base current treatment
here is the published paper of the trial ( published in 2011!)
and these are the current NICE guidelines
Good to know. I do not practice in the UK. There are many other studies and strategies that are more currently written that I have read. Im glad that there are other treatment options available for this terrible disease. Whether its a trial or strategy doesn't really matter as long as everyone is able to have a good chance of battling this disease. Regardless she would be very well informed of her status and treatment plan all along the way. With no real info offered by tiffany its no wonder that you have to guess and speculate what may be going on. Like many others I was just trying to make some sense of it all bc on its face it doesnt make any clinical sense. With more info re this strategy I can see it make sense for some.

Regarding the bleeding my best guess is that the dilation itself stretches the tissues to their natural limit (whatever that is at the moment) and this opens up any fissures & scars from previous biopsies and suchlike, whether the camera makes it around or not.

Fissures without cancer are painful, bleed, and are hard to heal. Had a friend given opiates for those quite some time ago. Surgery, botox, medication withdrawal, it was a years long saga.
Yes, now I understand the pain, bleeding and need for a general anaesthetic more clearly. Its likely to try and clear the narrow passage As well as possible biopsy. Her surgeon pushed his way through previously she said. I guess she feels another surgeon would do the same but guess they felt that it may not heal well, bleed profusely etc. it was their clinical opinion.

Last edited:
  • Heart

EmyUrban

I did a little research on “her” surgeon and found this article: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/879384/Bowel-cancer-survivor-second-doctor-s-opinion/amp

“Paul’s surgeon, Mr Shahnawaz Rasheed, says: “We gave Paul chemotherapy and radiotherapy and in a small proportion of patients this shrinks the cancer completely. Paul was one of the lucky people for whom the cancer regressed. Because the treatment is still in trial stage, we don’t yet know what percentage of patients it works for but it’s less than 50 per cent.” - maybe it’s the case with Tiff? On the other hand, I saw few posts that her oncologist said the tumor is still the same and what would block the scope if we throw away obstruction (as other mentioned she would be kept in hospital and operated).
Very interesting thank you, so we know her doctor chooses in some cases the wait and watch trials … I mean if he is that good and offered that option it’s probably because it’s one of the best option she can get. He knows what he does. And he might have been the one pushing for the wait and watch as far as we know. That’s what she said. That’s what Matt said. Less than 50% is not a bad stat considering the benefits of a complicated and uncertain surgery ( not sure he will have clear margins / no cancerous cells left at microscopic levels) with high risks of local reoccurrences anyway.

I’m not giving him credit, but we don’t know what their relationship is like. Maybe they had already spoken about the wait and watch before she captured that scene. He can’t force her to do anything, she’s the sole decision maker at the end of the day and if the doctors suggest WW, they also know better. The doctors wouldn’t have suggested WW if they didn’t see any point in it. He’s not the doctor here, so he just suggested one of the options that were given.

We don’t know the ins and outs of a relationship. About him visiting home, maybe there’s something going on with his family or he’s struggling mentally. Again, we only know what Tiffany wants to show. Not fair to judge someone without knowing the full details.
I agree with you. We only see what Tiffany wants us to see. I cant see matt being the kind of person telling her what she doesnt want to hear, but we dont know what kind of conversation they have. You can see that matt does not like being on camera (she also said that herself) so maybe that's why she doesnt show that much of him.

Wildflowerss

New video is up and she has now put her comments on review so she has to approve them before they are posted. Now her comments will truly descend into an echo chamber of morons
Interesting, but okay it's her channel. She'll lose engagement which adds to her income.

Daisychain4

VIP Member
The thing I don’t understand about GFM is - if the beneficiary has apparently no knowledge of it/nothing to do with it - how do they access the funds? Surely when it’s being set up you have to provide bank account information and information of the beneficiary?
One would hope so … but hey, scammers come in all shapes … and even in the Maldives!!!!
I would hope GFM, as a responsible public fundraiser site, would need to comply with regulations.

Avasarala

Do you guys think her surgeon is ghosting her due to the vlogging and the way she is portraying him online??

Ju19

VIP Member
Quote a few NEGATIVE COMMENTS just added to the video, what did she expect🤔🤔
About listening & not taking advice

MissB123

Chatty Member
TT is well informed. She did a quick Instagram story months ago about watching a documentary on BBC or Channel 4 (sorry I’m in the U.S.) about surgeons at the Royal Marsden AND the surgery that was recommended to her.
Since it was a story, it disappeared.

• Wow