Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blue skies

Someone mentioned about her nail varnish. In this video, her nails were all painted white. Not sure why she didn’t need to remove them before the biopsy procedure like she did the last time?

Reactions: 6

LeonorG

VIP Member
I think she slipped her doctor's name once, Doctor Shi...I'm not completely sure the spelling, but from the sound of the name and also the tid bit of his voice that we were allowed to hear, I got the impression he may be of Indian descent. This is purely speculative, but did he say he would take care of her as a sister and express more affinity due to the ethnic connection?

From my experience, when I am traveling abroad and come across someone sharing my ethnic background, there is an instant connection, quite a lot of extra friendliness and of course speaking in our common mother language which reinforces the sense of closeness and trust.

Maybe he was extra nice to her, he could have spoken a few Indian words to Amma for example which really helps lighten up any mood (could explain why Amma's face lit up so much right after his visit, when obviously he could not have said anything substantial not having seen her bloody scans yet).

Could this bit of friendliness have stoked unreasonable optimism and a sense that he would do anything for her and be their superhero? Just a passing thought....please correct me if Sri Lankan and Indian backgrounds are completely different, as I am quite ignorant about this.
The name of the surgeon is known. We all know it. People even posted his name on here. He is an expert exactly on Tiffany's kind of cancer. Yes, he is either of Indian or Pakistani descent.

• Heart

Blue skies

She mentioned “friendship”. So she must know T personally and is not just a subscriber. In her videos, we saw Matt’s cousin, Victoria. Wild guess but who knows if she’s the one who’s done with T as well? 🤷🏻‍♀️
This “Victoria” person seems angry at T for some reason….and who wouldn’t ? We don’t even see her doctor cousin as well anymore…🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

PW212

Chatty Member
This might be random, but...is LARC almost always caused by HPV, or just mostly anal cancer? Or would Tiffany not have had genetic testing if they already knew hers was caused by HPV?
Farrah Fawcett died of anal cancer caused by one of the rare HOV tupe cancers. Very sad.

• Sad

BCrowl

Chatty Member
Someone mentioned about her nail varnish. In this video, her nails were all painted white. Not sure why she didn’t need to remove them before the biopsy procedure like she did the last time?
Yes, I mentioned about the nail varnish. I found that strange too, that she didn’t have to remove it this time. It is important for the medical staff to see the color of your nails, and also nail varnish can affect the accuracy of the pulse oximeter. I read that if you don’t remove the nail varnish, they can try to use a toe or an ear lobe. But I saw that they put the pulse oximeter on her finger anyway. So I’m not sure (as per usual lol)

• Heart

virgocat

Glad to see the wait and watch issue being discussed as it's something I have been really confused about. It's been established her surgeon is an excellent one so are people not believing that he told her that would be his recommendation? She said he gave her the options but said that he himself recommends wait and watch. I see a lot of people thinking she should have had surgery, something I agree with, but it would also seem she is just following her doctor's advice so should we really fault her on following the advice of such a well respected surgeon?
People aren't believing her because she doesn't give an accurate account of her situation and she drip feeds minimal information. Tiffany didn't even mention 'wait and watch' as an official term until people were saying this in her comments. She said her surgeon said it might be better for her mental health if she waits, that was the reasoning she said her surgeon gave. My thoughts are she was incredibly undereducated on what the surgery entailed and when the surgeon was fully explaining it to her she had a breakdown and said she didn't want to have it. Why would waiting to see if the cancer becomes inoperable (which she said the surgeon told her it could become) be better for her mental health unless she had a strong aversion to habing the surgery.

• Heart

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I think with the surgeon thing, because he was the only one willing to even attempt the PE, she's of the opinion now that he's the only one 'qualified' or capable enough to touch her. She also talks about disturbing the cancer cells and I think she's fearful potentially less competent surgeons will make her cancer spread (which shows she knows she still has it tbh). I mean it's completely understandable in that regard, but I think she has become a bit jaded to surgeons in general, when obviously a biopsy can't be compared with a PE and there's no certainty 'her' surgeon could do it either.
You can’t spread cancer like that. If she seriously believes that kind of nonsense she needs to pull her head out of her arsehole and start educating herself on what’s happening inside her own body.

• Heart

Wildflowerss

Do you think we'll still get a Tea with TiffanyThinks today?
Yes I do, or at least release a video of after hospital recovery.
She uploaded a new TikTok video but it was of baby Ella (spelling?) in the same outfit as the video she posted of her two weeks ago with the same voice over "are you kidding me..."

Last edited:
  • Sick

AlwaysScience

Lol. Many are urging her to turn the comments off. Of course she cant do that. Isnt some $$$ generated by how many comments she gets or is it just views?
No - I did some research and ad revenue is based on how many people watch at least 30 seconds of each ad. But level of engagement is a factor in the “ranking” of her channel - though I can’t tell what value there is to ranking.

AlwaysScience

I’m not going to add to her number of views by watching. What did she talk about on this video besides her surgeon’s back problem?

• Haha

Fraggle

Could the GFM creator be a distant relative? She has a lot of cousins judging by some of her videos involving family functions.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Cocacola411

I dont see her as better. Her onc flatly told her the tumor is still there and hadnt changed after her last scans. Shes on constant morphine, in pain, thinner, not eating well. Shes been on oral morphine a long time. That is not normal for someone who's getting better.
I don’t see her as better I said better than she’s letting on, I still think she is very sick.

helpmeunderstand?

The name of the surgeon is known. We all know it. People even posted his name on here. He is an expert exactly on Tiffany's kind of cancer. Yes, he is either of Indian or Pakistani descent.
T May very well end up in an anti-defamation lawsuit it suits!

• Wow

EmyUrban

I don't think many understand watch and wait?
Watch and wait usually always follows a partial or full (complete) response to treatment. If disease progresses, the patient comes of watch and wait and has surgery, radiation, starts a new line of treatment.
In 4 years my husband has been on 'watch and wait' 3 times. When the next scan has showed ACTIVE disease, he comes off watch and wait.
I see on tiffanys videos and on here that many don't appear to understand watch and wait and the reason it is part of standard care.
I totally agree. It is part of standard care in some special cases of rectal cancers . Barely (never ?) used for colon cancers and even low lying but a bit higher tumours like low sigmoid borderline rectum ( my dad had that).

TheGlossy

VIP Member
When you love someone, you don't tell them what they want to hear in a potential life or death situation I'm sorry. Watching her initial video where she asks her followers what she should do Matt is very much airing his own opinion. He even says that the surgeon said it would be best and she corrects him. I think some people give Matt a little bit too much credit, I find it odd that he is on a trip away while she has gone into hospital for a biopsy, something that when she had it done last time she had a rough time afterwards, wouldn't you want to be there for your loved one?
I’m not giving him credit, but we don’t know what their relationship is like. Maybe they had already spoken about the wait and watch before she captured that scene. He can’t force her to do anything, she’s the sole decision maker at the end of the day and if the doctors suggest WW, they also know better. The doctors wouldn’t have suggested WW if they didn’t see any point in it. He’s not the doctor here, so he just suggested one of the options that were given.

We don’t know the ins and outs of a relationship. About him visiting home, maybe there’s something going on with his family or he’s struggling mentally. Again, we only know what Tiffany wants to show. Not fair to judge someone without knowing the full details.

• Heart

LeonorG

VIP Member
I think the first round of Chemo didn't shrink the tumour, so they put her on Chemo and Radio a second time but as a preventative measure to stop spread, rather than reduce.

Not to say that isn't possible, I don't know that and the article seems to suggest otherwise - but I still think it'd be surprising.
The radiotherapy was still part of the attempt to shrink the tumour. The chemo did not shrink it so they gave her radiation. That did not help either and so they were hesitant to operate. The next chemo was given as a preventative measure to stop spread whilst assembling a 'team' for the big surgery.