Tiffany Thinks #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish she wouldn’t announce that Matt cried during their consults with docs while he’s sitting right next to her as it’s his business and he always looks uncomfortable when she says it..she edits these things and must See his reaction to her..you can see a big difference in her face as this vid is pre c-diff..not sure I’ll bother watching todays if there is one?..
I am sure she loves and values Matt and Amma but one cannot help but get the feeling they are "props" that she uses in the videos. I have honestly never seen Matt with the least bit of interest in being on that camera with her and while Amma tries from time to time to smile and play her daughter's game it is forced and sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
The way Tiffany eats doesn't strike me as classically disordered (I should know -- I had anorexia and then bulimia for 15 years), but it does remind me of the thin/fussy people on Supersize Versus Superskinny (did anyone else used to watch that?). The people on that show, even the thin ones, would systematically undereat through fussiness, but what they would eat was pure garbage. Tiffany's approach to food does seem like a fussy kid who only really has an appetite for junk.

Honestly, with her diagnosis, she should've gone plant-based right away. Eating all that processed food and meat is like pouring diesel on a camp fire. Digestive tract cancers need antioxidants, fibre -- not this pro-inflammatory garbage, which likely contributed to her getting a diseased gut in the first place. Her family seem completely uninformed about food, too, and just want to protect her in her 'cozy' baby-talking fantasy bubble.

That being said, I do know first-hand that one can dramatically lose one's appetite when one is depressed. It's possible that, along with the cancer's affect on her weight, she may have some kind of physiological anorexia from sheer loss of appetite. I didn't watch her videos before her cancer content, but it's probably been overdetermined by multiple factors that she's not being adequately nourished.
I agree with all this - and well done to you for overcoming anorexia and bulimia after so many years - the only point I would make is that Amma is informed about food and is a good cook. She made Tiff bone broth after they all realised that the big surgery was back on the table. I think Tiff ate a spoonful :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The way Tiffany eats doesn't strike me as classically disordered (I should know -- I had anorexia and then bulimia for 15 years), but it does remind me of the thin/fussy people on Supersize Versus Superskinny (did anyone else used to watch that?). The people on that show, even the thin ones, would systematically undereat through fussiness, but what they would eat was pure garbage. Tiffany's approach to food does seem like a fussy kid who only really has an appetite for junk.

Honestly, with her diagnosis, she should've gone plant-based right away. Eating all that processed food and meat is like pouring diesel on a camp fire. Digestive tract cancers need antioxidants, fibre -- not this pro-inflammatory garbage, which likely contributed to her getting a diseased gut in the first place. Her family seem completely uninformed about food, too, and just want to protect her in her 'cozy' baby-talking fantasy bubble.

That being said, I do know first-hand that one can dramatically lose one's appetite when one is depressed. It's possible that, along with the cancer's affect on her weight, she may have some kind of physiological anorexia from sheer loss of appetite. I didn't watch her videos before her cancer content, but it's probably been overdetermined by multiple factors that she's not being adequately nourished.
That's a really good point - plus often women lose their appetite when under intense stress, too. I should add that I am sorry you suffered for 15 years with these awful eating disorders.

OK everyone! In your pajamas! Come along now. *clap clap*
Oh, stop! As if. I had to buy a pair of pajamas for the first time ever last week. I found it REALLY hard. In the end I found the plainest, dark blue, long-sleeved ones I could get away with and even though they look a bit like prison-wear at least they are not covered in f-ing Disney characters or bright pink cartoon characters (shudder).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I am sure she loves and values Matt and Amma but one cannot help but get the feeling they are "props" that she uses in the videos. I have honestly never seen Matt with the least bit of interest in being on that camera with her and while Amma tries from time to time to smile and play her daughter's game it is forced and sad.
Also I neglected to mention a very major "prop" in these videos and that is Astin. She really puts him to work. It seems recently he too has grown weary of her sticking the camera in his face.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree with all this - and well done to you for overcoming anorexia and bulimia after so many years - the only point I would make is that Amma is informed about food and is a good cook. She made Tiff bone broth after they all realised that the big surgery was back on the table. I think Tiff ate a spoonful :rolleyes:
Saw the bit where Amma fed her a small cracker or something which T refused to eat but finally ate it when Amma told her to.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Also I neglected to mention a very major "prop" in these videos and that is Astin. She really puts him to work. It seems recently he too has grown weary of her sticking the camera in his face.
Yes absolutely. The poor child looked really pissed off when she shoved the camera in his face after school. I thought good for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes absolutely. The poor child looked really pissed off when she shoved the camera in his face after school. I thought good for him.
You can tell Tiffany is a kind of 'mood police' for her niece and nephew. Whenever she sees them she screeches at them, repeatedly, "ARE YOU HAPPY?!?!!!!!"

It's like, Christ, let people (nay, KIDS!) just *be*, Tiffany.

Life's not all about being, or seeming, happy at all costs.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
You can tell Tiffany is a kind of 'mood police' for her niece and nephew. Whenever she sees them she screeches at them, repeatedly, "ARE YOU HAPPY?!?!!!!!"

If somebody asks me 'are you happy?' I immediately feel miserable. She'd be better off asking 'are you miserable?'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m really surprised that her sister allows her kids to be in Tiffany’s YT videos since she has amassed thousands and thousands of followers and we all know that she has sone really crazy followers. So sad. You gotta protect the kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

some of the vibes like last Christmas as her aunt and uncle's home were strange. I don't think any of them appreciate the camera at all. It someone did that at our celebration I would not be happy at all. Most of them don't want to be on camera at all. Amma and Matt NEVER volunteer a wave or smile at the camera...she has to ask them to say hello each and every time. That must get so old. Not sure what she will talk about today...probably more Christmas stuff? Even though she said no more Tea with TT I think she will keep the schedule more or less until there is surgery (if there is).

Reactions: 11
SueB's posts about St Mark's Hospital in Harrow have been playing on my mind. It really does appear to be the leading place for Tiffany's type of cancer. Friends, I've lost confidence in her God surgeon. He seemed to be playing for time, maybe he's not as confident/experienced in cases as complex as hers. I'm terribly afraid that he won't be able to get the blasted biopsy and that surgery might be off the table.

WTH did she not do a lick of research? Why did she just blithely go along with her God surgeon's sweet talk? Would it be too late at this stage to get a second opinion?

Now this is a real GOD surgeon! 😍☺https://www.stmarkshospital.nhs.uk/consultants/faiz-omar/

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
SueB's posts about St Mark's Hospital in Harrow have been playing on my mind. It really does appear to be the leading place for Tiffany's type of cancer. Friends, I've lost confidence in her God surgeon. He seemed to be playing for time, maybe he's not as confident/experienced in cases as complex as hers. I'm terribly afraid that he won't be able to get the blasted biopsy and that surgery might be off the table.

WTH did she not do a lick of research? Why did she just blithely go along with her God surgeon's sweet talk? Would it be too late at this stage to get a second opinion?

Now this is a real GOD surgeon! 😍☺https://www.stmarkshospital.nhs.uk/consultants/faiz-omar/
I am not concerned about her choice of surgeon for this type of cancer. Reading a bit about him it is clear this is HIS field. I also think if for some reason he felt there was a better surgeon in UK for her I think he would have sought out a consult there. I have to think that just as in US these top experts know each other and do talk. I think her family did the research to find this doctor and also it was more than just finding an expert but one that would do the surgery. It is possible that St. Mark's declined her case. We just don't know.

• Heart
Thank you!

Someone started another one, but in the wrong spot, perhaps you can direct them over here as no one will be able to locate the other one under Families. Perhaps a Mod can be contacted to close it to avoid confusion.

That was me that made a new one, so sorry, I Don’t know how I managed to get it so wrong! 😆 I’ll leave it to the professionals next time.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

i used to love supersize versus superskinny..and T didn’t have an ED as such..bad eating habits yes.. but considering her attitude to food and how important it should of been to her considering her past problems and now her cancer..there’s a disconnect in her brain almost about where her food is going and whats It’s purpose..Ts idea of getting greens into her diet when she announced she’d eat broccoli daily and then showed the fussy toddler sized serving was beyond satire..two green beans and a small sprig of broccoli seriously..it was just a token gesture an appeasement and not a decent effort..T has an appetite of sorts so she’s probably got a form of medically induced anorexia where her colon isn’t absorbing what she does eat and she’s restricted on the volume because of the narrowing of her bowel..the fact that she stopped taking those drinks they gave her shows her brain isn’t playing ball..I dread to see how torturous her recovery will be with no muscle or meat on her to begin with..

Reactions: 7

In more than one way anyway 🥰. Sigh…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
some of the vibes like last Christmas as her aunt and uncle's home were strange. I don't think any of them appreciate the camera at all. It someone did that at our celebration I would not be happy at all. Most of them don't want to be on camera at all. Amma and Matt NEVER volunteer a wave or smile at the camera...she has to ask them to say hello each and every time. That must get so old. Not sure what she will talk about today...probably more Christmas stuff? Even though she said no more Tea with TT I think she will keep the schedule more or less until there is surgery (if there is).
T has said that the only person whose happy for her to film them is her brother in law..you can actually see he’ll race up to the camera and beam at it..so with that in mind she’s kind of holding them all to hostage cos she’s sick..and I find it kind of funny how her sister whose got an ig account usually tries to stay off camera..but it’s Ts business and she’s coining it in so Matt & Amma are playing along more to keep her happy now..and Astins permanently grumpy little face with her is funny and the way she tries to blow it off..

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
New video is up. I am already fed up by the word Christmas and to see Christmas decorations. 🎄🤢
But…gonks in the xmas tree!!

• Haha
Anyone watching tiffs latest video for *cancer* content you may aswell skip to the end... the first half is a tour of her Christmas decorations, cleaning the house, cooking dinner (by cooking 'I told Amma to get me chicken and fresh parsley' then shouting her into the kitchen to 'help' 🙄)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.