Tiffany Thinks #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She loves junk food. The palate of a 12 year old kid who always wants to indulge in McDonalds and sugar treats. The moment she was diagnosed with cancer she should have cut out all processed and fried food. I understand not everyone might be in the financial position to go organic or buy fresh fish and good meat but it should have been her priority especially with the type of cancer she has. The types of oil used to cook are important too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The nibbling of the single chocolate and putting it back in the box for later was bizarre to say the least.
As was buying a hot chocolate advent calendar before shoehorning in the fact you don't like hot chocolate (and so probably won't consume it). A lot of her behaviour on screen about food comes across as very performative and unnecessary. Food is always a (often unused) prop in her videos. She hides behind it I think to avoid talking about the real problems at hand, be it cancer or weight-related.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She loves junk food. The palate of a 12 year old kid who always wants to indulge in McDonalds and sugar treats. The moment she was diagnosed with cancer she should have cut out all processed food. I understand not everyone might be in the financial position to go organic or buy fresh fish and good meat but it should have been her priority especially with the type of cancer she has.
She earns loads from her ads etc. She could afford good food. Or maybe at least eat a few more Hello Fresh meals.

Reactions: 13
I remember lots of girls at school like Tiffany with their food. Someone would bring some chocolate in and they would take tiny prettily executed bites and give exaggerated oohs and ahhs. Very girly and annoying.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
She earns loads from her ads etc. She could afford good food. Or maybe at least eat a few more Hello Fresh meals.
Even the sweetcorn soup she had from the Chinese restaurant might be comforting but it’s not healthy. It’s a bowl of powder, emulsifying agents to bulk the texture, salt and hot water. She is just clueless about everything which frustrates me because I want her to get better.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Even the sweetcorn soup she had from the Chinese restaurant might be comforting but it’s not healthy. It’s a bowl of powder, emulsifying agents to bulk the texture, salt and hot water. She is just clueless about everything which frustrates me because I want her to get better.
Amma is the answer....she can cook good food,

I have the same feeling. I never had ED myself but I had quite a few patients with ED and she displays some similar behaviours like them.
It’s her language around food that set alarm bells to me. She has been told she needs to gain weight yet says “she needs to get fat” l. Her constantly saying she is going to have a “little” this and that knowing full well it’s not enough. Skipping meals knowing she will be at hospital appointments.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She loves junk food. The palate of a 12 year old kid who always wants to indulge in McDonalds and sugar treats. The moment she was diagnosed with cancer she should have cut out all processed and fried food. I understand not everyone might be in the financial position to go organic or buy fresh fish and good meat but it should have been her priority especially with the type of cancer she has. The types of oil used to cook are important too.
We have a company that delivers organic vegetables to cancer patients for free in the UK.
She's got money from her youtube channel. She can afford healthy food.

It’s her language around food that set alarm bells to me. She has been told she needs to gain weight yet says “she needs to get fat” l. Her constantly saying she is going to have a “little” this and that knowing full well it’s not enough. Skipping meals knowing she will be at hospital appointments.
Aye, takes a bite out of the crispy chicken burger and takes the rest home to matt. Gross! Then after she was told about her upcoming surgery she said "I will be able to eat crispy chicken burgers now".

• Sad
Reactions: 18
In a recent vid she was taking about having "loads" of breakfast then went on to list "toast, two eggs..." and I was thinking, that's loads? :confused:

• Sad
  • Heart
She needs to come round my house. I make proper veggie curries from scratch, loads of flavour and nutrition, beans, lentils, spinach, chickpeas, tomatoes etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She's not going to put on much weight for the surgery or eat more nutritious fare at this rate.

I suppose the surgery will still go ahead - assuming there is no problem with the forthcoming biopsy - and she won't have that extra level of health which could help her through it. She is such a strange person. Why would you not give yourself every possible chance of recovery in this dire situation?

• Heart
She's not going to put on much weight for the surgery or eat more nutritious fare at this rate.

I suppose the surgery will still go ahead - assuming there is no problem with the forthcoming biopsy - and she won't have that extra level of health which could help her through it. She is such a strange person. Why would you not give yourself every possible chance of recovery in this dire situation?
Probably because Denial is not just a river in Africa.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I guess the biopsy is coming this week or is it next? With TT never stating facts hard to know...left to guess. Somehow I am expecting this biopsy not going well and I still am questioning whether this surgeon will be able to move ahead with surgery. I know that is his intention but I am still not sure.

In one video she said Matt doesn't like when she eats his food in a restaurant but she always does that and thinks it's cute.
As you watch the older versus current videos Matt has definitely changed. In earlier ones he visibly did not like some of the baby talk crap, the hawking of merch..having a camera in his face and so many things that she did that makes most cringe. As time has gone along he seems more accepting of all of it (only other choice is to leave) but he sure does not seem happy at all. I think all of it still bothers him but he has just given in. Honestly don't think he thinks most of it is cute.

Reactions: 10
Just watched that video someone posted... she says without treatment it will spread between 6-12 months... also she stated she "needs) this surgery to survive and live.... ironic how months later she was lecturing everyone she opted to wait and see and nobody should make comments about her choice. 🤪 Looking forward to today's vlog, I have my popcorn ready;
I wish she wouldn’t announce that Matt cried during their consults with docs while he’s sitting right next to her as it’s his business and he always looks uncomfortable when she says it..she edits these things and must See his reaction to her..you can see a big difference in her face as this vid is pre c-diff..not sure I’ll bother watching todays if there is one?..

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She also makes food just a constant focus of her vlogs, but there is a lot of hot air around it (absence of food, talking about future meals etc). She always has to state exactly what she is eating (although eats very little of it) at every opportunity, with constant comments over portion sizes and overly exaggerated tiny bites out of things. Even when she drinks, she makes a point of explaining what is going into her body- it is like an obsession. She drinks cups of hot water on its own on Tea with Tiffany, and feels the need to tell people. You could say this was for the sake of creating content, but I think it's worth exploring why people lap up this content...She, like a lot of people, seemingly has a very difficult relationship with food so I don't think it is massively surprising that she doesn't nourish her body properly post-diagnosis.

There are a lot of comments about the "Mmmm" stuff on here, but I think even that is indicative of her obsession with trying to portray herself as someone who really loves food, despite having such a restrictive relationship with it. It's like she is overselling how much she enjoys something to the cameras.
Very true. People with EDs love food, are obsessed with it, love talking about it and looking it up and watch cooking shows. They are all about food minus actually eating it. It's also true that they restrict food and then 'reward' themselves by eating something they really desire but which is usually a no no food for them (fast food). I also agree with Ginny about people with ED being secretive about it. They are obsessed with food but scared of it too. Not sure if an ED person would film themselves being around food so much and even do mukbangs (which is a revolting fad. Or was).

Reactions: 12
The way Tiffany eats doesn't strike me as classically disordered (I should know -- I had anorexia and then bulimia for 15 years), but it does remind me of the thin/fussy people on Supersize Versus Superskinny (did anyone else used to watch that?). The people on that show, even the thin ones, would systematically undereat through fussiness, but what they would eat was pure garbage. Tiffany's approach to food does seem like a fussy kid who only really has an appetite for junk.

Honestly, with her diagnosis, she should've gone plant-based right away. Eating all that processed food and meat is like pouring diesel on a camp fire. Digestive tract cancers need antioxidants, fibre -- not this pro-inflammatory garbage, which likely contributed to her getting a diseased gut in the first place. Her family seem completely uninformed about food, too, and just want to protect her in her 'cozy' baby-talking fantasy bubble.

That being said, I do know first-hand that one can dramatically lose one's appetite when one is depressed. It's possible that, along with the cancer's affect on her weight, she may have some kind of physiological anorexia from sheer loss of appetite. I didn't watch her videos before her cancer content, but it's probably been overdetermined by multiple factors that she's not being adequately nourished.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.