Tiffany Thinks #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope you all manage to find this thread, the old one was locked so I couldn’t link.

Reactions: 22
Hope you all manage to find this thread, the old one was locked so I couldn’t link.
Thank you!

Someone started another one, but in the wrong spot, perhaps you can direct them over here as no one will be able to locate the other one under Families. Perhaps a Mod can be contacted to close it to avoid confusion.

Reactions: 9
Just watched that video someone posted... she says without treatment it will spread between 6-12 months... also she stated she "needs) this surgery to survive and live.... ironic how months later she was lecturing everyone she opted to wait and see and nobody should make comments about her choice. 🤪 Looking forward to today's vlog, I have my popcorn ready;

Reactions: 14
TLDR/recap: Tiffany has agreed to have her surgery. She doesn’t have a date for it yet, but it will probably be in December. She is going for another biopsy next week. Meanwhile she continues to share highlights of her daily life with us, as she tries to prepare herself mentally and physically for the surgery. She is trying to focus on the upcoming holidays. She wants to stay positive not only for herself, but for her mom and her boyfriend as well.

Just watched that video someone posted... she says without treatment it will spread between 6-12 months... also she stated she "needs) this surgery to survive and live.... ironic how months later she was lecturing everyone she opted to wait and see and nobody should make comments about her choice. 🤪 Looking forward to today's vlog, I have my popcorn ready;
Yes, that is so ironic! I completely forgot that today is Tuesday lol Thanks for the reminder 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She said in the last Tea with TT that she's not doing any more for the moment
We'll see?!

Reactions: 8
Considering her biopsy isn't until this Friday, We will probably get more fluff like last video.

Reactions: 9
Hi! This is my first post...sorry if it is a bit of an essay. I have been following the threads on here as well as Tiffany's videos and I wanted to interject on the food and eating issue. I do think people need to be open to the fact that Tiffany might have an eating disorder. For context, I am not a professional expert. I am however very familiar with the signs and symptoms and how they present themselves because of multiple experiences in my family. I apologise in advance if this post is triggering for some people.
  • In early videos of Tiffany's she would post videos of herself eating food (Mukbangs, I think you called them!), often mentioning how long she had gone without eating (all day, 8 hours, etc). When this becomes a pattern, I do think one could assume she might be restricting her food intake, only to later "reward" herself with high calorie food seen in her Mukbangs. Most people find time in the day to eat something, and most jobs permit us to take lunch breaks etc. I have had days where I didn't eat because I've been busy or stressed but (even now) Tiffany always talks about how long it has been since she last ate and I do not think this is reflective of someone who is trying to maintain or increase weight gain.
  • She generally posts a lot of videos about food: without actually eating much. In one of her earlier videos posted during lockdown (not linked), she boasted about how much she had been eating, then immediately stood up and turned to the side to check out her side profile (flattening her clothes against her stomach etc) which I thought was really off, and something she would have chosen to edit out, but also quite normal behaviour if you have had a difficult relationship with food for much of your life. I also find it hard to believe that someone who was eating non-stop would maintain such a low weight as the maths does just not check out. I appreciate her cancer may well have had a role here, but these people have often gone through much of their lives exaggerating about food and what they eat, but if you were to spend a day with them, you'd soon see they ate very little for meals, if at all.
  • Tiffany has been told she needs to put on weight for her surgery. I think it is entirely possible (or probable) to assume that her cancer could be resulting in weight loss. But nevertheless she continues to talk about food all the time without really eating much. Notwithstanding the times when she is forced to fast because of scans, she constantly talks about how hungry she is, but she is almost always in a situation where there is no food e.g. in the car. She talks about what she will eat, but we don't really know if she does it when she gets home. If you had a lifeline thrown to you like this I really do think you would have a constant supply of high calorie food on you at all times.
  • Even when presented with food, Tiffany uses extremely restrictive language around food. When offered food by her family, she often emphasises how she just wants a "tiny" piece, or how she "won't finish" something, or even how she "can't/won't/shouldn't" or is worried she will "overeat". The overeating comment was actually taken from one of her most recent videos, and she quickly corrected herself. But then why include it in the video?

I think it is very likely that eating might cause Tiffany pain and perhaps she is not transparent enough about those symptoms, so maybe this post of mine is unfair or presumptuous. Perhaps I am being really unfair. However, I do feel that her language around food, her size, and her behaviour are all very characteristic of someone with disordered eating, and this is something I have also seen in her earlier videos, from before she was diagnosed. She could well have been affected by cancer then too (albeit unknowingly) which could have affected her weight, but I don't think it would account for her overall relationship with food which I would argue has been unhealthy for years.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Hi! This is my first post...sorry if it is a bit of an essay. I have been following the threads on here as well as Tiffany's videos and I wanted to interject on the food and eating issue. I do think people need to be open to the fact that Tiffany might have an eating disorder. For context, I am not a professional expert. I am however very familiar with the signs and symptoms and how they present themselves because of multiple experiences in my family. I apologise in advance if this post is triggering for some people.
  • In early videos of Tiffany's she would post videos of herself eating food (Mukbangs, I think you called them!), often mentioning how long she had gone without eating (all day, 8 hours, etc). When this becomes a pattern, I do think one could assume she might be restricting her food intake, only to later "reward" herself with high calorie food seen in her Mukbangs. Most people find time in the day to eat something, and most jobs permit us to take lunch breaks etc. I have had days where I didn't eat because I've been busy or stressed but (even now) Tiffany always talks about how long it has been since she last ate and I do not think this is reflective of someone who is trying to maintain or increase weight gain.
  • She generally posts a lot of videos about food: without actually eating much. In one of her earlier videos posted during lockdown (not linked), she boasted about how much she had been eating, then immediately stood up and turned to the side to check out her side profile (flattening her clothes against her stomach etc) which I thought was really off, and something she would have chosen to edit out, but also quite normal behaviour if you have had a difficult relationship with food for much of your life. I also find it hard to believe that someone who was eating non-stop would maintain such a low weight as the maths does just not check out. I appreciate her cancer may well have had a role here, but these people have often gone through much of their lives exaggerating about food and what they eat, but if you were to spend a day with them, you'd soon see they ate very little for meals, if at all.
  • Tiffany has been told she needs to put on weight for her surgery. I think it is entirely possible (or probable) to assume that her cancer could be resulting in weight loss. But nevertheless she continues to talk about food all the time without really eating much. Notwithstanding the times when she is forced to fast because of scans, she constantly talks about how hungry she is, but she is almost always in a situation where there is no food e.g. in the car. She talks about what she will eat, but we don't really know if she does it when she gets home. If you had a lifeline thrown to you like this I really do think you would have a constant supply of high calorie food on you at all times.
  • Even when presented with food, Tiffany uses extremely restrictive language around food. When offered food by her family, she often emphasises how she just wants a "tiny" piece, or how she "won't finish" something, or even how she "can't/won't/shouldn't" or is worried she will "overeat". The overeating comment was actually taken from one of her most recent videos, and she quickly corrected herself. But then why include it in the video?

I think it is very likely that eating might cause Tiffany pain and perhaps she is not transparent enough about those symptoms, so maybe this post of mine is unfair or presumptuous. Perhaps I am being really unfair. However, I do feel that her language around food, her size, and her behaviour are all very characteristic of someone with disordered eating, and this is something I have also seen in her earlier videos, from before she was diagnosed. She could well have been affected by cancer then too (albeit unknowingly) which could have affected her weight, but I don't think it would account for her overall relationship with food which I would argue has been unhealthy for years.
Really interesting points - thanks for posting. She does however eat a lot of high-calorie fattening junk food and in my own experience of eating disorders somebody who was trying to starve themselves really wouldn't touch that sort of stuff. However somebody with Bulimia might. It's all only speculation and also I'm very aware that a LOT of women do have issues around food/eating without ever actually being diagnosed with an eating disorder. Very common. I walk around trying to suck my stomach in even now and am always aware of my weight even though I enjoy food and cooking.

Really interesting points - thanks for posting. She does however eat a lot of high-calorie fattening junk food and in my own experience of eating disorders somebody who was trying to starve themselves really wouldn't touch that sort of stuff. However somebody with Bulimia might. It's all only speculation and also I'm very aware that a LOT of women do have issues around food/eating without ever actually being diagnosed with an eating disorder. Very common. I walk around trying to suck my stomach in even now and am always aware of my weight even though I enjoy food and cooking.
Yes I think disordered eating affects loads of women (myself included!) to some extent because of the society we are born into. Again, as I say, I'm not a professional, but from what I have seen with friends and family there are those people who never eat anything, but then there are those people who starve themselves and then eat lots of junk food to reward themselves at the end of the day. I think it varies from person to person, but I agree that at one end of the spectrum there are those who restrict total intake of calories to almost nothing, which I don't think she has.

I suppose I just wanted to post to maybe point out that some of the way she acts around food should not be normalised. Not that I'm saying people are...but I think some of it goes way back to before she was diagnosed. She infantilises a lot of stuff about food: being literally spoon-fed on cam, not learning to cook until she was 30 and relying on people for food intake, obsessively talking about food without ever really eating much. On the video I posted above, she entitles it "all the calories" but only actually eats a mini roll and a capri sun (which she then finds out has 4kcal). It is really quite irresponsible to post this content online. Some of this stuff on its own might not be a huge deal, but I do think put together, a lot of it is reflective of someone who has a bad relationship with food.

Reactions: 16
Yes I think disordered eating affects loads of women (myself included!) to some extent because of the society we are born into. Again, as I say, I'm not a professional, but from what I have seen with friends and family there are those people who never eat anything, but then there are those people who starve themselves and then eat lots of junk food to reward themselves at the end of the day. I think it varies from person to person, but I agree that at one end of the spectrum there are those who restrict total intake of calories to almost nothing, which I don't think she has.

I suppose I just wanted to post to maybe point out that some of the way she acts around food should not be normalised. Not that I'm saying people are...but I think some of it goes way back to before she was diagnosed. She infantilises a lot of stuff about food: being literally spoon-fed on cam, not learning to cook until she was 30 and relying on people for food intake, obsessively talking about food without ever really eating much. On the video I posted above, she entitles it "all the calories" but only actually eats a mini roll and a capri sun (which she then finds out has 4kcal). It is really quite irresponsible to post this content online. Some of this stuff on its own might not be a huge deal, but I do think put together, a lot of it is reflective of someone who has a bad relationship with food.
Indeed, Tiffany was advised to put on weight at the start of the year. In her last video she said it would be a struggle with such little time left prior to surgery. She doesn't appear to have made any attempt during the year. Little mouthfuls here and there and lots of 'mmmm's'. Cravings for mcdonalds fries etc.
Incidentally I spotted a group conversation taking place yesterday. The group is a stage 4 kidney cancer group for patients and their loved ones. The conversation was what life is like in terms of challenges, lack of progression of treatments and what would they do personally to extend life?It was evident, especially amongst the young members, they would literally cut off their arm if it extended life just a few months. Patients facing such a horrible disease generally do whatever is necessary to live. And if thats gaining weight they will, some join a gym to build muscle, others adopt a high calorie diet and constantly snack on foods. I don't see the same desire from Tiffany, far from it.

Reactions: 12

Yes, I think that the whole Mukbang thing on its own is indicative of a weird relationship with food, when you think about what it actually entails doing. I do think that somebody with a true eating disorder would never in a million years film themselves eating in that way, because eating disorders can be SO secretive and people can be very ashamed of what they are doing. I would agree that Tiffany's relationship with food is an uneasy one, however, and an unhealthy one too. Also an uneducated one which is kind of shocking when you think how easy it is to research nutritional values of various foods.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes, I think that the whole Mukbang thing on its own is indicative of a weird relationship with food, when you think about what it actually entails doing. I do think that somebody with a true eating disorder would never in a million years film themselves eating in that way, because eating disorders can be SO secretive and people can be very ashamed of what they are doing. I would agree that Tiffany's relationship with food is an uneasy one, however, and an unhealthy one too. Also an uneducated one which is kind of shocking when you think how easy it is to research nutritional values of various foods.
100% agree with the Mukbang thing! There are actually a lot of articles that explore Mukbangs being associated with disordered eating: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11469-020-00309-w.
Coming from an environment where I have had to be very conscious and careful about what I say about food to family members, I actually think a lot of her behaviour and commentary around food is very triggering for people with eating disorders. But the inclusion of this content in her vlogs shows this behaviour is deeply engrained IMO, as she thinks it is normal.

Also very true about her not wanting to educate herself on food nutrition. Tiffany is in a very unfortunate place health-wise and I really feel for her. It is easy for anyone to sit at their desk and say what they would or wouldn't do in her position. I have been guilty of this watching some of her videos. But she doesn't live in food poverty. Unless the cancer is preventing her from doing so, she has little excuse not to eat nutritious food and I can't imagine many people eating like she does going into such a diagnosis, let alone after.

Last edited:
Considering her biopsy isn't until this Friday, We will probably get more fluff like last video.
So excited, maybe she bought herself a christmas mug? Or a cozy christmas blanket, and of course Matt gets the same as hers so he can get himself comfortable on the couch... both looking at the 2 christmas trees.🤣 Meanwhile Amma can cook, vacuum and do laundry ... soooo bleeping cozy! Tiff will hang out in the kitching, just watching of course. But she will also exercise, she will go to the toilet by herself, whipe her bum and go straight back to the couch, that should be enough for the day she did what the doctor told her to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

I have the same feeling. I never had ED myself but I had quite a few patients with ED and she displays some similar behaviours like them.

Reactions: 13
So excited, maybe she bought herself a christmas mug? Or a cozy christmas blanket, and of course Matt gets the same as hers so he can get himself comfortable on the couch... both looking at the 2 christmas trees.🤣 Meanwhile Amma can cook, vacuum and do laundry ... soooo bleeping cozy! Tiff will hang out in the kitching, just watching of course. But she will also exercise, she will go to the toilet by herself, whipe her bum and go straight back to the couch, that should be enough for the day she did what the doctor told her to do.
Sadly, you have given a very accurate round-up of tonight's vlog.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Bulimia patients would eat massive amounts of food just to enjoy the taste and they provoke vomiting.

Reactions: 8
She also makes food just a constant focus of her vlogs, but there is a lot of hot air around it (absence of food, talking about future meals etc). She always has to state exactly what she is eating (although eats very little of it) at every opportunity, with constant comments over portion sizes and overly exaggerated tiny bites out of things. Even when she drinks, she makes a point of explaining what is going into her body- it is like an obsession. She drinks cups of hot water on its own on Tea with Tiffany, and feels the need to tell people. You could say this was for the sake of creating content, but I think it's worth exploring why people lap up this content...She, like a lot of people, seemingly has a very difficult relationship with food so I don't think it is massively surprising that she doesn't nourish her body properly post-diagnosis.

There are a lot of comments about the "Mmmm" stuff on here, but I think even that is indicative of her obsession with trying to portray herself as someone who really loves food, despite having such a restrictive relationship with it. It's like she is overselling how much she enjoys something to the cameras.

Reactions: 21
100% agree with the Mukbang thing! There are actually a lot of articles that explore Mukbangs being associated with disordered eating: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11469-020-00309-w.
Coming from an environment where I have had to be very conscious and careful about what I say about food to family members, I actually think a lot of her behaviour and commentary around food is very triggering for people with eating disorders. But the inclusion of this content in her vlogs shows this behaviour is deeply engrained IMO, as she thinks it is normal.

Also very true about her not wanting to educate herself on food nutrition. Tiffany is in a very unfortunate place health-wise and I really feel for her. It is easy for anyone to sit at their desk and say what they would or wouldn't do in her position. I have been guilty of this watching some of her videos. But she doesn't live in food poverty. Unless the cancer is preventing her from doing so, she has little excuse not to eat nutritious food and I can't imagine many people eating like she does going into such a diagnosis, let alone after.
I know so many people who have uneasy relationships with food and they are all women. All tied in with emotional reactions to stuff. Sometimes we KNOW - or I do, I should say - that what we're eating is no good for us, or we maybe need to eat more or eat less. But if there's other life stuff going on, it's difficult to rectify this. Which is probably why I am having crisps for lunch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The nibbling of the single chocolate and putting it back in the box for later was bizarre to say the least.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.