Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sheba

The one thing I would say to her though is the quality of life she has at the moment is crap. She’s in pain, bleeding, not eating, no social/work life. The surgery is completely life changing, but maybe the end result will be she has a life and one with a better quality of what she has now, not what she had, but now.
Well said. This is the tradeoff, as bad as it is now, worsening, and then death.

Reactions: 4

Turaj

VIP Member
Video of Tiffany March 2021.
She had not posted a video for almost 2 months and she said she was feeling very unwell on January and was admitted in the hospital. She said she dropped from her usual 50 kilos to 44 kilos.
Tiffany gives no details of symptoms or why she was admitted in the hospital. But she does mention that she does not understand why she cannot gain weight and is underweight for her body scructure. She wished she could weigh 55 kilos.
Clearly something was going wrong back then. A T4b tumor does not develop overnight.

again thanks for find this...Feb. 13 2021 another surgery with hospital stay of 5 stays and probably would have been more if not for covid protocols. Have to wonder if this one totally missed the cancer or what? I mean unexplained weight loss is one of the big signs of cancer. Anyone now when Matt moved in? At this time no mention of Matt at all.

If she doesn't manage to put on weight and strengthen her body by some exercise, will the doctors go ahead with the surgery I wonder?

As it's such a complicated and lengthy surgery - her body being under GA for 12 hours - surely they have to be confident that she will survive the onslaught and endure the recovery?

I have suspicions that they will not go ahead if she does not carry out their instructions for surgery. It is an expensive procedure involving at least four consultants and many other support staff. The NHS is stretched to the limit and cannot carry out pointless expensive operations. The doctors had a fine line to tread not to frighten her but to strongly impress upon her that improving her general health is paramount to saving her life longterm.
i don't know much about NHS but have to wonder if there is a checklist of sorts for a surgery like this including healthy body weight (not super under or obese) etc.As you mention this is an extraordinary surgery involving so many skilled surgeons. Have to have a good chance of success...but what I hear in an earlier video a bit over a year ago is that she was eating and still loosing weight. Can a woman with a tumor 4 whatever it is gain weight?

Ionia

Even in her case it is not true. Thousands of operations for stage 3 rectal cancer similar to hers are done every day everywhere around the world. Her case is nothing special. The things what made her case special was she has YouTube Chanel and she asked viewers opinion before she postponed her surgery. Of course people are curious about her outcome. And her strange block and delete policy just made her case more special.
She made her case special saying that only 15 surgeons in the world have the expertise and know how to operate her and she found one of those 15 in London. Her surgeon.

Leofeldhas

No this isn’t a thing in the UK.
i think Tiffany is just a fantasist. She’s clearly got her own weird hang ups about her body - she seems very uncomfortable and embarrassed about her “private” parts - and I think she seems to view the professionals who are discussing her body and having to look at/examine her as people who are romantically or sexually interested in her. I think she magnifies insignificant actions as something else. I don’t believe for a single second that a Doctor “stroked” her hair.
I think you nailed it. that´s sick but also very funny. and then this Matt dude hugging her in the car like a little child...you couldn´t invent it :))))))

Idrisrex

Chatty Member
Maybe a patient’s BMI is not a deal breaker on being a candidate for surgery I’m not sure, but it depends on the surgeons I suppose
Not a dealbreaker but the risk for complications becomes larger. And it will be a serious factor for the surgeon to consider.

Reactions: 3

Ionia

People of her race are often short but by no means visibly underweight like her. Look at her mum and sister for example. They are a better representation when it comes to the race. Her aunty is also of a normal weight. I remember her from earlier vlogs. Tiffany's weight has to do with her illnesses. We know she had 'tummy' operations + she has colorectal cancer. I'm not surprised at all that she is underweight. Her digestion cannot be good. And I'm not sure if she is scared of eating despite that. Yes she sometimes takes tiny bites but also she eats junk food, lots of sugar, and a lot of coffee. She seems very non-chalant. As if she did not have a massive tumour in her rectum (and now colon too).
Agree with you. Have seen documentaries on the Tamils and women are definetely not skinny. Also they have a strong “ food culture”

Doc22

It was unprofessional, he shouldn't really said that.
It could indicate that he will treat her better than other patients? All patients deserves same level of care, she is not special.
Probably he meant that. Sure, all patients deserve the same level of care. Where I live doctor patient relationship is very formal and cold. It might be different in other countries.

lisette

This is a terrible situation. I dread to think what is around the corner.

The surgery is terrifying for her. There will be a long recovery, visible scars, stomas to clean and bags to deal with. She seems squeamish about such things. There will be leaks and mess. Infections and other problems too. Matt looks to be frightened of the future post surgery too.

In addition, this surgery will ensure there is no possibility of Tiffany ever carrying a child, which it seems, she holds as a goal in life.
Her sister could carry her child since she froze her eggs but that’s the least of her worries right now. She has to concentrate on living and all this waiting is excruciating

Turaj

VIP Member
Calling it a ‘Hectic surgery‘ and ’nobody understands’, well of course nobody understands! Say what it is! It’s a total pelvic exenteration. People on her YT can then Google it and understand. She’s so frustrating. If you choose to share your cancer journey then at least explain it.
I thought that term "hectic surgery" sounds just crazy. Who the heck came up with this. I guess maybe what it attempts to say is there will be a large team of surgeons from many areas there tag teaming all under the lead of "her" surgeon. Hectic in that many will be coming in and out. It is a terrifying thought.

From what I can gather from her past vlogs, she went to the doctor numerous times for symptoms, I believe over a period of 8 months or so, but due to her younger age they never believed it was anything serious. She was treated for things like infections and so forth. I don't believe she put things off any more than the average person would have. Her initial symptoms could have been chalked up to so many things, and due to her age, colon cancer was the last thing on her mind, as well as the doctors, unfortunately.
Fair enough. I sure know the drill when you present with something like stomach pain etc. and appear healthy. I get it.

Doc22

Probably. But she had a very hard time especially due to the radiation. I agree that she can physically withstand the surgery though. People underestimate her cause she is childish and immature and yes mentally she will have a very hard time (like anyone after PE) but her body will recover. She will have to get used to frequent infections and other complications.
Yeah, this kind of surgery would be mentally hard to everyone. She has no choice just adjust new different and harder life.

I never believe that surgeon told her he was going to treat her like his own sister... doctors communicate formal and realistic, if he said such thing it would build her hopes up
He said that. You can find that in her earlier video.

Last edited:

Ionia

again thanks for find this...Feb. 13 2021 another surgery with hospital stay of 5 stays and probably would have been more if not for covid protocols. Have to wonder if this one totally missed the cancer or what? I mean unexplained weight loss is one of the big signs of cancer. Anyone now when Matt moved in? At this time no mention of Matt at all.
You are welcome. I was wondering about Matt too, he was not in the picture until 2022 in the videos.

BCrowl

Chatty Member
Yes actually she did say she wasn't going to meet with anyone other than her surgeon from now on, because he knows he body better than the rest (her words). In the end what does it matter as she has to have surgery next month and he's doing another biopsy Friday.
He probably would have talked with her about all that anyway. She's done with treatment for now, its onto surgery.

I didn't hear about it possibly being inflammation. The only think Matt ans T said with certainty after the talk with the surgeon was the tumor grew.
I had trouble understanding what they were saying about that. So she’s having the biopsy this coming Friday? What are they planning to do on Wednesday? Tiffany, Matt, and Elodie kept saying something about Wednesday. Would they possibly do the surgery then? 🤔

Petro48

To just be Devils Advocate for a second, TT was actually saying that her type of cancer is most common in slightly "older people" which is why (she thinks) there has been a lot of confusion and complication around her actual case.
Yes, it is true that the type of cancer she has is more prominent in older adults, although it is showing up more often in young people lately, its still more rare. Probably one of the reasons so many Docs miss it for so long. I believe she was also misdiagnosed for some time.

• Sad