Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wildflowerss

But how do we know the story about the surgeon coming to speak to her is true??
I mean I guess she could be lying but why over that? Amma also acknowledged he came and spoke with them and did a group hug. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
We already heard his own words that he would treat her as his sister .

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

Saydee

VIP Member
Surgeons won’t operate on someone who has a high risk of dying on their table
Surgeons will operate on someone with a risk. My husband had a high risk operation which carried a high mortality rate. We was warned repeatedly and it was written on the consent forms. Arrangements was pre arranged for a bed in HDU to be ready after surgery. He too had several surgeons, a heart surgeon, a surgeon from urology, and a bowel surgeon. Without the surgery he would have died, therefore it was a risk worth taking.
The focus on Tiffanys weight is because they expect patientsto lose some weight following surgery.
Many cancer patients can't manage to gain weight, even when they try hard.

“Most young women are thin”

What?!!!!!
Not me, but in my defence, my mama always told me I was a big boned child. I think she meant overweight but was dressing it up ;) A bit like what Matt does with T. Scan report states thickening in the colon which is suspicious. Matt refers to it as 'that thing in the colon'.

Wait wait wait, I think she's actually calmed down her behaviour. Just found this odd comment, seems to be holding back???
Foxy writes she wants to say b&d? She's wrote block and delete so much that shes now got tired, so it now using b & d?
I could have so much fun with foxy, but my comments get deleted so quickly that I don't bother.
Foxy cares for Tiffany, but suggests Tiffany spends her time blocking and deleting folk? Unsure why but I suspect Foxy to be a very young person, possibly a teenager. The tick tick tick gives it away. There again, tiffany and Amma aren't teens.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Doc22

Calling it a ‘Hectic surgery‘ and ’nobody understands’, well of course nobody understands! Say what it is! It’s a total pelvic exenteration. People on her YT can then Google it and understand. She’s so frustrating. If you choose to share your cancer journey then at least explain it.
The surgery is called Extended total mesorectal excision (e-TME) and partial or total pelvic exenteration can be part of it.

How quickly can a patient be scheduled for surgery usually, under NHS? If the next step is surgery, I'd want it done immediately, not in a few weeks giving the tumor a chance to grow some more (she said surgery end of the year or something, and another examination by the surgeon??).

EmyUrban

I'm confused on that as well. She is saying in today's video that the surgeon won't know if she can keep her bladder until he goes in to do the surgery.
Because the map and the territory are different so surgeons will only decide during the surgery . It was expected by God surgeon he told her that info a while ago and this time again.

oceanbaby

Chatty Member
I agree! After reading a lot of comments on here, and on her video, lots of people were speculating about this. Many thought it was a sign that there was good news. I personally thought it was an indication of good news. When I am devastated by bad news, food is not on my mind at all, but I know everyone is different. I just think it was odd that her sister put it on her social media, in light of the somber situation. Even if I was in the mood to have cake and pizza, I wouldn’t be up to taking pictures and posting them on Instagram. I know that’s just me, but I think a lot of people are the same way.
This is all so sad. I’m going to rewatch the part in the car where they were all talking about it. When I watched earlier, I went into my usual state of shock and confusion that I experience in her videos. I want to see if any of it makes sense. I haven’t felt quite well ever since watching this video several hours ago.
I'm the same as you when getting bad news. I think a lot of people are. Everyone is different though, and what's odd to us, seems to be the norm for them. Tiffany was saying in the car that the nurse told her "live your life, be happy", and that is the approach they all seem to be trying to take. It's honestly a good way to be as long as you're also keeping the facts foremost and you're in tune with the reality of the situation. The dealing with the facts and reality part they get wrong, but I actually think they have the other part right.

• Heart

Doc22

As I watch today's video and Tiffany mentioning being angry....I am too. Angry that the surgery did not happen back in August. I was not in that meeting where she was given the options..in fact I think it was just she and Matt. I don't know what the pros and cons were but she ended up not having it and I see no positive outcome from the Wait and Watch. One thing is for sure her magical thinking that maybe the cancer is gone was hers alone. That Dr. knows that this cancer was there and had not disappeared.
Yeah, if the surgery had happened in September she would have had much more chance to be cured than now. Now is going to wait another month

• Sad

Idrisrex

Chatty Member
The only educational part of the video today was learning what a Gonk was..
I have to say that from the moment that I started writing here, I learned new slang words. Perfect for my general knowledge of the English language.
Gonk 🤣

• Haha

Wildflowerss

So the surgeon met her and Amma after the previous failed biopsy. Not sure what he said but they were clearly so happy and even cuddled him. After the meeting with her medical team last Friday, she, her sister and Matt were looking relaxed as well and they went to have pizza. It is only now that she is sharing the truth about the results and forthcoming surgery and has cleared up a lot of confusion with the viewers.
She was clearly devastated after their meeting with the surgeon and nurse last Friday according to the look on her face afterward in the video she posted Sunday.
I think she was happy after the surgeon visited because he reassured her that he would perform a biopsy if needed once he reviewed her recent scans.

Doc22

I just thought about the comments on her channel when she postponed her surgery telling her that "you did right decision not having surgery" Some people are false or maybe they just wrote what she wanted to hear.

Turaj

VIP Member
I hope that the multi-disciplinary approach to Tiffany's surgery will include some counselling. And I hope that she takes it.
As I recall it has already been offered....I don't expect she has taken advantage of it...rather rely on "my darling".

Ionia

My friend also has one - its never easy often a flare up or infection☹
Tiffanys life isnt going to be easy, its how she decides to cope with it!
That is correct. Before my mother’s surgery her doctor painted the colostomy to be something easy , that she will feel comfortable and will not even notice she wears it, that her life wont change and that it is easy to care and change. Defintely not the truth , there are complications, but often doctors make it sound easy because a patient’s life depends on having the surgery and getting a colostomy. Out of good intentions.