Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ScrattyRatty

Chatty Member
I don't excuse bad behavior or hypocrisy, unless someone has a true mental illness. People can be manipulated, but only to a point. We all ultimately make our own decisions and, when they are wrong or harmful and the person continues to do so after being called out, then I have zero tolerance.
As I said I don't think either of us are going to change our minds on this one.

Reactions: 4

Daisychain4

VIP Member
Definitely there are some people outside who are on strike and demonstrating in the street … It is so loud … I wonder what day it was I think you are right, surgery was on the 15th then …
Yes that lines up to what everyone was saying about the nurses striking

c.sabatier

VIP Member
No this is one of T's super fans. She comments on all T's videos and tags T in pictures.
Remember T does private chat with some of her fans, she has said in a few of her videos that she misses direct messaging them.
How does one become one of Tiffany's 'super' fans? Is Fluffy Fox one of Tiffany's 'super' fans? If any viewer should be a 'super' fan, Fluffy comes to mind in first place. Perhaps now Fluffy is a super fan, has gotten over her initial disappointment about not getting an update, and is no longer grief-stricken about Tiffany's post-surgical progress.

I think Tiffany's family is among the group that did not take it seriously given their behavior but as I recall her father died of ovid. Maybe that is not correct...not sure. Did Tiffany even mention getting a vax? Not sure. It is still a hot button topic even today.
Tiffany had mentioned last year that her father died of c ov id. Tiffany did get vaccinated and also got at least one booster, as I recollect from tidbits of information she would periodically mention during her earlier chemo-radiotherapy days.
In this video which she says was filmed on Dec. 24 and Dec. 25, Tiffany says that she didn't want other family members to visit because of infections going around. She has strictly been following the two-person rule with regard to visitors from outside. She also mentioned in this video, though briefly, that Matt and Amma do the 'necessary tests' (?) before visiting. I took this to mean that perhaps Amma and Matt do co vid auto-tests before visiting her. Tiffany did mention co v id in tonight's Christmas video when she said that there are people with infections outside, and I do believe that Tiffany, Amma, and Matt have been taking proper precautions. The only other people outside of staff that Tiffany mentioned receiving a visit from in this video is a fellow patient who is actually a Tiffanythinks 'family' member, and a priest.

Last edited:

Cariad

VIP Member
Interesting. Do you know what a F.I.S.H study is. Recently noticed on my husbands med record that his tumour was sent for a F.I.S.H study but not been mentioned to us what it is
Here's some basic info about FISH test (in my line of work, I've heard of them used for certain types of breast cancer )

• Heart

Saydee

VIP Member
Here's some basic info about FISH test (in my line of work, I've heard of them used for certain types of breast cancer )
THANKYOU! This makes complete sense how translocation was diagnosed :)! It's filled in lots of unaswered questions that I won't ever have to think about again.
---

I thought the same, it's almost like she is a different person. Is it Matt, or the cancer that has made her turn into an adult toddler?
Oh I am sure a cancer diagnosis will cause some degree of a personality change for the strongest characters. Vulnerability to a degree. No longer feeling invincible etc. To the degree seen in T? I don't think so. I have found a few of her old videos and found her to be quite immature well before her diagnosis.
Around Matt and Amma it def gets worse!
---

Probably not. But she'd better not come whining back on this site, because she won't like what I have to say.
---

She is on YT now arguing with people that T would definitely post results if she had them. Also saying T is too weak to post a medical update. Lol. I've seen zero evidence that Fluff had such thoughts or came to such conclusions as you have posited. I'm sure not privy to what's going on in her head, but only to what she posts here and on YT. Your comments are interesting but speculative.
Fluffy likes to think of herself as T's personal bodyguard. Nobody asked her to do so, but she does seem to spend most of her time screening T's comments. She is a divvy.

Last edited:
  • Heart

LeonorG

VIP Member
There is a slight increase for us in France too but it’s definitely not the « norm » it’s still quite rare and most of them have genetics syndromes. Sure nothing is proven and geneticists definitely think the reason is genetics here. Do you know that age recedes with lynch and genetics syndrome, if your grandma had cancer at 80 then your parent will get it at 70 and you will get it at 60 ( not always the case but most of the time it’s like that and could be a reason why young people have colorectal cancer, that’s what geneticists say in France). And do you know that one person on 250 has lynch syndrome ( so a lot of people ) but only 5% of them know they have Lynch. And I don’t speak about people who have Lynch like syndrome like me. The gene will only be find in ten years or so, a lot of people have it and have no idea. I can tell you that in Gustave Roussy the huge majority of young cancer patients/ under 50 have lynch, FAP or lynch like and unknown genetic mutations.

---

I do think it is, and my geneticists as well. In France most very young people with colorectal cancers have FAP lynch or lynch like. Don’t let it be coffee. Coffee was bad and now it’s good again…
JJ Singleton has Lynch syndrome and do you know that her sister has not lynch but lynch like, just like me … Genetics are so mysterious HA ! Maybe Tiffany has a genetic cancer they just couldn’t find the gene yet …

---

I totally agree she is aware of using thumbnails to draw attention. And she is aware of the cliffhangers at the end of the videos too, she is the one who edits and cuts, that’s what she did in the last one …
This is so informative. I did "research" Lynch and Lynch-like syndrome when you mentioned it a while ago. I read that some of these are correlated with being ashkenazi jewish (also BRCA). I was not aware of FAP syndrome. Yep coffee was bad, now coffee is good, just like eggs which used to be considered unhealthy and now eggs are revered 😅

• Heart

Saydee

VIP Member
Glad to see you Turaj, I'm very sorry about your family member :( I am glad the Mayo Clinic is there for her and trust she is in good hands.
It's so true about the stress of another person's health. We are currently awaiting lung scan results for my husband we get this week and I am stressing more than I would if it were me. That term scanxiety is very real.
I haven't watched the Krocks update yet, I keep hoping for the best for them and Jenny Apple, too.
@PuzzlesAndWine I never imagined scanxiety was possible, until I experienced it myself. It's an awful feeling waiting and getting results. Hoping its a good scan result for you both.

@Turaj Good to hear from you. Your absence has been mentioned a couple of times, you are part of the Tattle furniture :)
I'm sorry to read about your family member. Be sure to look after yourself too. We are of no use to anyone if we don't.

@BCrowl nice to see you back :)
Todays video? I predict more tears, lots of talk about needing to lay on her side and how difficult things are. I am sure we will be treated to a "say heylowwwwwwwwwww amma say Heylowwwwwwwwwwwwww Matt" and if we are really lucky we may even get a random loud HA from Matt!
---

Definitely Elodie is the more mature one. Someone on here even mentioned that Elodie herself said somewhere that she hates it when Tiffany does the baby voice.
Happy to see Turaj's comment. I've also noticed Suzeq taking a break from tattle and there are others who used to post regularly and make interesting points, like Pankhurst, Stardust, Jackolantern.
I don't think I have seen Jackolantern post since the whole drama erupted over on the bb thread. Ginny W is enthralled in a new website which as poached her away, pankhurst & stardust have been missing in action for a long while.
And I can't believe how long this threads been going! T used to get a new shiny thread every few days :D

• Haha

c.sabatier

VIP Member
My thoughts.

I think recording and picture taking is fine in wards such as maternity where mums and dads are recording babies first days. Mum & dad holding baby and sending texts and images to family that are unable to attend.
In wards where patients share their 'space' with other patients who are often unwell? I think there is a time and a place. Day time during visiting hours in a low quiet voice? I don't see an issue. Out of visiting hours and at 2am in the morning? If I was on that ward I would be asking T to let others get some sleep.
Yes there are 'privacy' curtains around beds, but the privacy goes as far as not being able to see others. You can hear everything! A ward doctor doing his round with the patient in the next bed? Yes you will hear everything, why they have been admitted, what the intended plan is. You end up being discharged home knowing quiet a lot of other peoples 'business'.
---
I would be gutted if my husband felt he couldn't talk to me, but did feel comfortable recording and publishing to youtube. I of course would watch his videos and raise these subjects directly with him. Although, in fairness, she doesn't really divulge much does she? In the video where she said that she told Matt and Amma that recording is "her thing", we have to wonder why she is telling them that? Are they asking her about it?
Your views are reasonable!
I was thinking about private patient information being able to be heard beyond the confines of one's curtains before the issue about filming was being discussed here. From a patient's perspective, it is probably unnerving to lose the privacy of one's medical information.

I wonder if Matt or others in her family watch her videos and do raise various subjects with her. Maybe Tiffany makes these types of videos to avoid having to repeat over and over again about her hospital experience to everyone in her family and her friends: Tiffany could just tell people to watch her videos if they are interested, but that she doesn't want to talk about it because it would bother her to repeat the same things to different people. This way, her videos do her a real service because people might not ask as much about her hospital experience. Even if they do, she could just refer them to her videos.

Finally, about Tiffany being more 'comfortable' crying to the nurses or saying things to strangers than in front of her own family: This may be a cultural issue. It could be that depending upon how someone was raised, that person feels, or doesn't feel, like sharing his/her inner thoughts and emotions with close family members.

Last edited:

c.sabatier

VIP Member
Be interested to know what they would have constructed it from, since the entire colon, en bloc, would have needed to go to pathology (histopathology) to check margins…
Tiffany's entire colon was removed because it was riddled with cancer. In cases like hers, an artificial vagina would have been constructed from thigh muscles. Imaging scans would have been used to determine the optimum thigh muscle to use for this purpose. Information is available online, and a while back I may have cited sources pertaining to this.

(Does F.I.S.H. = Fluffy Is Surely Here?)
---

If the cancer was high enough the rectum, and where it was attached to the vagina was nearer the cervix, they could excise lower down the vagina, leaving the external stuff, labia and clitoris etc in place. There are diagrams on that pdf.
Tiffany's partiular T4b tumor was a low-lying, colorectal adenocarcinoma tumor.

Turaj

VIP Member
"They took big cancer. And they will check for cancer cells" - that was the only thing about her "cancer story" in the video titled "My cancer story".

Oh, and she said that someday she will tell Astin and Ella how the nurses moved her from side to side.
From my limited experience of cancer surgery I thought that during the surgery while patient is on the table they do a margin check in order to know how far to go? I translate what TT said to be they are confirming the clear margins with a more detailed exam of the tumors etc. and have to wait for the final. Usually I think they expect they have clear margins or they would go further right? Also I found it rather sad that she was struggling to explain telling her story and stopped with what sort of naturally would come out about telling your children etc. and instead said Aston and Ella.

EmyUrban

A family friend's grandmother in Ireland died of ovarian and/or uterine cancer in her late 70's, and I believe it was diagnosed in her late 60's to early 70's. The mother, who lived in the US, of this friend got breast cancer in her mid to late 50's, had a double mastectomy out of precaution (Only one breast had the cancer.), then died in her early 70's when the cancer recurred elsewhere. Now, about this friend, who lived in the US: She, herself, was diagnosed with lung cancer (though, she never smoked) when she was 50. She passed away less than 6 months after diagnosis. (Her father lived to be in his mid-80's. Curiously enough, she passed away about three months after her father died of 'old age'.) Perhaps this friend's lung cancer was not the primary one, but a metastasis from possible breast cancer, but I do not have the details on that.
The cancers in this family could have been hereditary. Also, there is a clear age progression from older age (the grandmother) to younger age (the friend herself).

Another unrelated case regarding a known genetic cancer: The mother died in her mid-40's of a rare form of cancer in her back. She had three children: two girls and one boy. One of the girls died of the same cancer when she was in her early 20's! Both had lived in the US.

Are these examples of 'genetics syndrome' that results in regression of age of onset of cancer?
I always wondered why, in the above cases I mentioned, the newer generation got the cancers at a younger age.
Definitely great examples of genetics syndromes that result in regression of age of onset, thank you . I obviously don’t know about the second case but for your first example, it looks like BRCA mutation, definitely . Seemingly nothing could be done for the lung cancer so I guess it was not primary, even if of course we can never be sure. But with BRCA mutations you can have ovarian and breast cancers. This person should have had scanners in her 30´s at least 40’s. With Lynch you can have colorectal endometrial cancer sometimes gastric or pancreatic cancer (or even very rarely brain cancer)…
Last example is probably a very rare unknown genetic syndrome. I obviously had no idea that age of onset was receding in a lot of genetic syndromes, geneticists told me so, I guess they don’t know why themselves … but you were very shrewd to notice that ! Thanks again for your great examples…

• Heart

UniqueUnicorn

How does one get featured on SU2C? Did she reach out to them or vice versa? Will we ever know?

I also recall her going on a radio show (and she put up a vlog showing her listening to herself on said radio show) and she said ON THE AIR she wont even listen to her doctors, she only listens to her viewers. I want to be wrong about what I heard, but I dont know which vlog was that now.
---
Hm, I had no idea she was on a radio show. I think if she caught enough attention a radio show would have contacted her. Don’t know how popular she is in the uk.. So I’m going to assume she contacted them? Lol, wouldn’t be surprised. As much as I avoid watching her now, I’m actually curious to hear what she had to say on the radio show. If anyone knows where I can find it, please let me know :)

Saydee

VIP Member
Yes we don’t know where Matt was before but she said he was at work I think ? And maybe if he works he cannot come during visiting hours ?

No I doubt it. I don't think anyone needs to know if she had vaginal work?
Well in a way sure no one needs to know if she had vaginal work BUT people who are about to get the same surgery ( or at risk like me) would appreciate to know . And it’s not out of curiosity. Like Maggie with IBD who speaks about how it feels not to have an anus anymore, what it looks like, she speaks about being sexy and what to wear with an ileostomy ( underwears as well) what bag she prefers using when she wants to have sex and why, her partner speaks about ileostomy and sex, how they felt when the ileostomy leaked in the bed when they were in the beginning of their relationship and so many other useful and informative things ! It’s so important especially because it’s taboo and patients who are going to get the same surgery have so many questions and the doctors or the nurses, in the end, they don’t know how a neovagina feels, or what it’s like to have sex with an ileostomy … So ultimately it may be seem odd to some of you but I think it could be the most informative things to speak about actually … Some transgenders who have neovaginas explain how to manage it, how is the surgery the recovery and how it feels … And a few books and French YTubers thankfully have content about sex life after cancer, and thanks to those books, thanks to Maggie and some others who are so open about it, I realized that you could still feel beautiful, confident and have a beautiful sex life with a stoma and it’s so comforting and it can give so much hope to desperate people who are very sure that the cancer / the stoma will mean the end of any kind of romantic and sexual relationship … I personally was so scared of that before reading those books and watching Maggie… Maybe it seems weird to people who think they will never have that kind of surgery, but for those who will get it, or might get it, I can tell you it is quite valuable to know those kind of things. It’s quite rare so it has no price to find good quality content about it.
[/QUOTE]
Yes I can’t be with my husband as much as I’d like…. Bills need paying. Matt had time off and then went back to work. Totally normal.
I disagree. If I needed vaginal reconstruction then I’m sure surgeons and nurses would explain it. I wouldn’t go on YouTube for info. Cancer support nurses are there for info.
Tiffany has never said she risked needing vaginal reconstruction. Members on here dug it up and assumed if Tiffany was having PE then she would need it. You can’t expect someone to discuss something they have never even mentioned. Where has Tiffany once mentioned vaginal reconstruction?
you say this is useful to you? It’s tmi for me. I couldn’t care less what bag someone wears while shagging. And I find it bizarre that anyone else would find it “informative “, but each to their own. We have paid support nurse in the Uk. My bladder nurse doesn’t self Catheterise herself, but she knows very well what my issues are and what it feels like.
“Like Maggie with IBD who speaks about how it feels not to have an anus anymore, what it looks like, she speaks about being sexy and what to wear with an ileostomy ( underwears as well) what bag she prefers using when she wants to have sex and why, her partner speaks about ileostomy and sex, how they felt when the ileostomy leaked in the bed when they were in the beginning of their relationship and so many other useful and informative things ! “
---

A few months ago she explained it - she said she doesn't brush her hair anymore, so when Amma gets tired of seeing her messy hair Amma brushes it.
I think Tiffany enjoys when people do something for her. She would let Amma wash her face and hair if Amma offered.
Why brush your own hair when your mums gonna come and do it? Amma needs to stop babying her. If I saw my husband getting his hair brushed by his mum? A complete turn off. I feel for Matt because I think he can do better, but that’s just me a stranger looking in. He works all day and gets home to cook for Tiffany while she swans around with a camera? I’d expect my husband to have found attention elsewhere if I put a camera before him. I know it sounds mean, but I don’t know what he sees in Tiffany. They don’t have hobbies, common interests. T relies on him to cook and clean. She has no pride in her appearance. Baby talk perhaps? All strange to me.
---

Maggie herself said that after she had her surgery she couldn't find much information about it on youtube (about periods and sex after colectomy) so now she's telling everything to her viewers because it can be useful to other patients.
She also showed her dilators and explained how to use them and how it helps with pelvic floor issues etc. She's a great source of information.
But that is Maggie? Why would anyone here expect Tiffany to switch the camera on and discuss her vagina? Do you not think healthcare professionals discuss things with patients???

Last edited: