Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Turaj

VIP Member
"Hi my loving tiffanythinks family. I have a few more hospital videos left to edit - I guess it makes sense to keep editing the clips and then you’ll know what’s been happening. I know I should have made one whole video but I struggle to sit on my bottom."

Trying to understand. Her bottom is to blame for being unable to edit a longer video yet it hurts less to edit multiple videos? 🤔

Also Matt's fucking sandwiches needs its own thread.
When he dragged out that assortment I just said "HA" and frankly with all those mixtures is he even keeping them refrigated?

• Sick
Reactions: 5

ScrattyRatty

Chatty Member
The worrying thing is that she has had weeks and weeks at home, I doubt she has been able to put her camera down, and she seems incapable of editing out all the tedious, repetitive, boring detail.
My prediction is weeks and weeks of it.. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sick

Turaj

VIP Member
Jan. 29th Krocks in the Kitchen having a special live stream celebrating 100,000 subs. Not sure how much medical will be discussed but happy for them that they reached this while Jessica was in surgery. I am sure for Jessica this is a welcome distraction in an otherwise long recovery week with some ups and downs. I say whatever gets you thru surgery and recovery and treatment is okay with me...including Tiffany. At the rate things are going not sure Tiffany will reach 100,000 with no real new content or up to date info.

jenh526

curious where in US are there still such wards? I was doing a bit of reading and even Canada with the government run health care have gotten rid of those.
Yes, curious what year that would’ve been. From some cursory reading, it looks like somewhere around 1990 was the last of the 8 bed wards. Everything went to single or double after that.

It seems that part of the reason they did away with wards was because now patients can be monitored remotely, so no need to walk around all the beds in one area. What’s the reason for keeping them in the UK?

Last edited:

Turaj

VIP Member
Yes that does not bother me at all for reasons mentioned above. And now I'm interested in this squatty potty.

Forgot to add that while the Krocks already had a successful business as youtubers (with the vegan cooking videos etc), Tiffany made cancer her business. Tiffany's sponsorships, merch, etc started after gaining fame due to the cancer.
okay truth be told I got interested in the squatty potty too....I had never heard of it before. It makes sense. As someone that has no real issues in that department it makes sense and might make things even easier. I am not into purchasing "merch" manufactured for the channel but clicking a link is not an issue for me if someone makes a buck out of it. Same cost to me. I will say the Krocks are going to have some very large bills from this because they have to stay in Rochester for many nights before/after each step here. For some people it can be a tax deduction (the expenses/mileage etc) but going to Mayo for most is not that convenient. Of course it is a choice.
I think it just boils own to preferring one style of vlog to another...if some don't see the differences then fine...no right or wrong. Most of that packing was not linked items for Jessica and I found that interesting too as I have never had to pack for a longer stay,Ttat loose clothing is a real good reminder..don't want to show up in tighter fitting pants ! Nothing to wear out of hospital.

• Heart

Saydee

VIP Member
Did she actually have c diff again or just a reason to put down on paper to authorise a private room? I’m sure she will stop crying now, she will be able to record and make stupid TikTok videos with Anna and Matt in a private room.

---

Okay watched the latest and have some comments...some of which I guess will not be popular..
-First I frankly totally agree with Tiffany asking about another ward. Just the sound effects and some of
what she probably heard as she becomes more and more alert is a valid reason to ask. She is right...
you don't ask you don't get. It cannot hurt. As it turns out she has another c-diff and now in private room.
I think that is a good thing.
-She is much more comfortable with the stoma concept and speaks freely about it.
-Note that Amma and Matt wear no mask around her in the room but put hem on for the hallways.
Makes no sense to me.
-Elodie is missing and apparently part of family that she wants no communication with at this point.
I think that is strange. That is her sister.
-She is in the Ellis Ward and don't know if she will have to move back into the big wards again. I know many
will say she is not special etc. but I think the c-diff saved her.
Of course you agree that she was given a private room. You was mortified that the NHS had put her on a ward and asked why she wasn’t in a private room. What she heard and sound effects has she became more alert? What did she hear and what sound effects?
It’s clear that you have no experience or understanding of our NHS.

Last edited:
  • Heart

LeonorG

VIP Member
There is this lady (petrinabarber on IG) who I believe has just had pelvic exenteration. I think she has two stoma bags. Nat follows her. I have just seen her newest post where she is walking with an aid, a similar situation to Nat's. She mentions being in intensive care for a long time.

Reactions: 4

Saydee

VIP Member
Be interested to know what they would have constructed it from, since the entire colon, en bloc, would have needed to go to pathology (histopathology) to check margins…. I used to go and spend time with histopathologists working on oncological specimens…. Did see an entire collectomy once
---

Nah. ‘Fake back bum, Front tum!’
Interesting. Do you know what a F.I.S.H study is. Recently noticed on my husbands med record that his tumour was sent for a F.I.S.H study but not been mentioned to us what it is

LeonorG

VIP Member
Surely if she had 'standard' surgery, she would have a incision down her 'tummy', and I don't think she has. I thought her surgeon was known for using the robotics?
Yes if it was a standard surgery, she has a big cut there. That is true but I think robotics are still kind of novel and maybe she was not a good candidate for it?

Turaj

VIP Member
So do they not expect payment in some way, here we hear horror stories of people racking up huge bills for medical treatment in the US, does that not happen?
i can't speak to the "racking up of bills" but treatment is not withheld because of no insurance. There are many programs for people to sign up for to be covered for medical events. I am no expert on all of this and are they sometimes shuttled to another hospital due to no insurance....not sure. Most insurance has very high deductibles so getting care for a serious illness can wipe out people..no utopia here at all.

Turaj

VIP Member
she has definatley gone private. I had a baby and we had our own rooms. But wasn’t painted pretty colours with all extras. Why doesn’t she just admit it? No way nhs give rooms like that 10 minutes after asking to move
there are 2 private rooms on the Ellis Ward which I believe is not a private ward. They are for infection control. Do you know the decor of these rooms? I don't think she is private. If she is fine with me.

ScrattyRatty

Chatty Member
Petrina Barber was just talking about her stoma and went to see her stoma care nurse. And there is a new update that she was experiencing some symptoms which were found to be abnormal and she was taken to a day critical care unit.
Where do you see this, I can't make head nor tail of Insta, does she write there?

I found this on a info sheet, it may be that all the external 'lady bits' (😂) are still in place.
View attachment 1956414
Be interested to know what they would have constructed it from, since the entire colon, en bloc, would have needed to go to pathology (histopathology) to check margins…. I used to go and spend time with histopathologists working on oncological specimens…. Did see an entire collectomy once
---

Front tum tum bum bum, obvs! 😂
Nah. ‘Fake back bum, Front tum!’

LeonorG

VIP Member
I can't see the update, and get random stuff (reels?). I really dislike insta so much, it's not for me, I'm too old I think 😂
You can! Yes some of her posts are inspirational quotes and such, just click next and next until you find the updates. You can stop the reels with the pause button to be able to read. There are 3 new videos from her in which she is talking about the stoma and then one written update which is very recent:
---

She alludes to her husband and son landing in London (they live in Dubai and London) soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

Saydee

VIP Member
Problem is that vagina and rectum are the places where she had the cancer and the surgery. Nobody would care or ask about the vagina if that was not the case. People just want medical informations I guess just like when people have a nose cancer subscribers want to know about reconstruction of the nose, or if they have a breast cancer they can have a mastectomy and reconstruction with breast implants or just a lumpectomy and maybe a reconstruction with some tissues, or they may have tattoos to replace the areolas or not, and people talk about it, it seems quite normal because it’s about their cancer and people who have breast cancer (or who might get it because they have BRCA) want to know their possibilities and alternatives and what other cancers sufferers think about those options and why they chose one rather than another … Unfortunately she had cancer in the rectum and vagina so alas she has to speak about those areas or she can’t tell much about her cancer ? … Plus we know that plastic surgeon and a muscle from the thigh were needed to help with the reconstruction, Tiffany talked about it with Elodie in the car video …
Few people ask about vagina reconstruction though, most people want and ask for medical informations such as lab results, scans etc … or current updates in real time, that is what they want and ask for, most of them want to know how is the bladder situation now, is it better, is it the same and what the doctors told her about the margins …
Emy but nothings changed since I last posted. T wont have them results. You guys and most def usa members will get quick results, but the NHS are what they are. Pathology results take time.
---

Video title is "My body has changed a lot".
Nothing about her body and how it's changed in the video. Zero.
haha which one of them thinks about the title of the video?

• Haha

Saydee

VIP Member
I have only watched a couple of her old videos and never seen any with her ex Tiroy. People on here have discussed Tiroy quite a bit though and said that T was more natural with Tiroy than she is with Ha. Yes that makes sense. Ha and Amma allow her to behave like a baby.
Omg I have never seen her rap about Baxter and I'm so glad 😅
---

Oh god. She is a walking cliche here with these cheesy answers. I would have thought she was around 16 here, not 22 😅 She is very baby like and immature here but I don't see the fakeness that she displays today.
I haven't watched all of T's videos with Tiroy, but somewhere I think it was mentioned that Tiroy was also a vlogger himself and had his own youtube channel. I think it would be hard to say for sure in regards to being more 'natural' because its quite obvious that T highly edits her videos.
What I do see is a def big difference between Elodie & T. Elodie comes across as much more mature, but I don't know what the age gap is between them.
---

Yes, I did that, but hadn't realised what the line at the top does. Even so, I'm more of a text-based Ratty, I find all the flashing images a bit hard to cope with.
---

Or that you have to hold your finger on the screen to stop it moving on. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Just incase you are still struggling. I have copied the update for you. Hoping Petrina will get over this bump in the road and that she will avoid having to be readmitted. I didn't realise she had a young child to look after too?! Petrina's made of tough stuff

💪
---

Hey Saydee ❤

FISH in oncology is fluorescence in situ hybridization.
It’s a study of the genes involved and specific to that individual to assist ongoing treatment by mapping the genetic material and makeup in his human cells.
They can then look to target certain chemo drugs specifically to have an impact of those cells.
Everyday there are advancements… I pray this is positive for your husband 💙
Thankyou Daisy. I hope so, I really hope so.

I was wondering about you earlier today Daisy. I have seen you around, but noticed you have been quieter than usual. Is everything ok?
Hoping Suzeq and Turaj are ok too!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart