Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ScrattyRatty

Chatty Member
Surely if she had 'standard' surgery, she would have a incision down her 'tummy', and I don't think she has. I thought her surgeon was known for using the robotics?

Reactions: 4

LeonorG

VIP Member
Watching Jessica and Brian is the perfect antidote to Tiffany and Matt!!! I have a good feeling that after advocating for this surgery it will end up being the right choice. She did have some at Mayo that did not want to do it. .What a lesson is how to advocate for yourself. Sometimes you even have to get a second opinion in your own cancer clinic of choice. I can't get over how good she looks....fortunately even though they marked her for the stoma I don't think she got one...not sure but I think she would have said given her candor.
Can't believe how different they are from Tiffany and Matt. Polar opposites. And the age difference is only tiny.
That was eye-opening how she advocated for herself. She listened to several doctors' views and then made a decision. I hope that was a right choice and I'm hoping there was no cancer in the liver. I think she said there was a 1% chance of her ending up with a stoma and she did not mention it now so I'm sure it did not happen. Still, the surgical cut is large, it was a major surgery.

A potentially stupid question alert: I'm just thinking that Tiffany had some muscles from her legs removed and put in her pelvis to fill the void. Wouldn't Jessica also need something to fill the empty space from the surgery? I understand she had her uterus and one ovary removed and the other ovary and fallopian tubes have been removed before.

Reactions: 3

Saydee

VIP Member
I can't see the update, and get random stuff (reels?). I really dislike insta so much, it's not for me, I'm too old I think 😂
Scratty see the circular picture on the insta profile? When its highlighting as a rainbow colour on the outer edge of the circle, it means there is an update (post) click on the circle.

AlwaysScience

Living in the US I have been jealous of people in the UK who don’t go bankrupt due to medical bills. But it’s becoming clear (long waits, nurses assigned too many patients, etc) that the NHS is in trouble. I’ve been concerned that the NHS isn’t getting the funding it needs. Today I saw this on Twitter.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart

Saydee

VIP Member
I find it interesting that it seems clear Matt took a short trip home (which is fine) but not mentioned at all by Tif. I noted as he looked around the room he had not seen the decor or that little handmade gingerbread man with of course the heart. Clearly he had been away. I can't believe the issue she made of how nice it was the erase board with her name on it and of course the heart. Seriously? Have never seen or been in a hospital room that did not have this board with your name. I have noted she mentions the rounds of the doctors alot alot alot...has mentioned lead guy is in every day. That seldom happens here and when she mentioned all of them making a second visit together as if for Christmas...and collecting their presents...well again that seems different. Alfie was a day brightener. Alfie the nurse or aide could probably tell some more interesting stories watching these three stooges...!!!
T says Matt went back to work to get his routine back. And you say its clear he took a short trip home? Clearly his gf should know where her boyfriend is, not a stranger on the www.

lisette

I’m worried about Maria from my patient story. The last time I saw her she was in the hospital and that was the last video. She’s such a wonderful person

• Sad
Interesting. Do you know what a F.I.S.H study is. Recently noticed on my husbands med record that his tumour was sent for a F.I.S.H study but not been mentioned to us what it is
FISH stands for Fluorescence in Situ Hybridisation. I used to train on this but it has been nearly 10 years, and at that time they used it in breast and a few other cancers. I had to look up if anything changed, so here is a link

• Heart

ScrattyRatty

Chatty Member
Just incase you are still struggling. I have copied the update for you. Hoping Petrina will get over this bump in the road and that she will avoid having to be readmitted. I didn't realise she had a young child to look after too?! Petrina's made of tough stuff

💪
---
Thanks Saydee I hadn't seen the latest one I must need to turn on notification for her. Or something 🤔🙃

ScrattyRatty

Chatty Member
Be interested to know what they would have constructed it from, since the entire colon, en bloc, would have needed to go to pathology (histopathology) to check margins…. I used to go and spend time with histopathologists working on oncological specimens…. Did see an entire collectomy once
---
If the cancer was high enough the rectum, and where it was attached to the vagina was nearer the cervix, they could excise lower down the vagina, leaving the external stuff, labia and clitoris etc in place. There are diagrams on that pdf.

Turaj

VIP Member
My father caught ammonia and passed away when he was in a crowded ward in the United States. Yes, he was 91 but still hospitals are places where you catch bad germs.
curious where in US are there still such wards? I was doing a bit of reading and even Canada with the government run health care have gotten rid of those.

unnecessary

I appreciate your comments but hardly see a comparison between parents choosing to document the birth of a child and a ward with post surgical cancer patients.
I still work in an intensive care unit, with premature and sick newborns. It's not a maternity unit. My point is, it's not uncommon for patients to film their health journeys. I followed a family on insta who were in a horrific fire, they documented everything, their children's horrific burns, post surgery recovery, took pictures etc.
I dont agree with most of what Tiffany says and does, but this filming isn't extreme.

Reactions: 2

Brina

There is a massive difference. One is an intelligent adult with a lot of life experience, the other a 30 year old baby using words like BUM BUM and FRONT BUM.
A lot of the words as cultural, British… etc…. Front bottom is common.

• Wow
Reactions: 2