Tiffany Thinks #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Amma wants to brush my hair, she hates when my hair is like this. You know i'm never going to brush my hair, ever, so she always likes to sort it out for me."

5 hospital videos so far and she didn't even tell how many hours was her surgery, how many surgeons, did it go as planned etc. Nothing.
Omg Eddie - check out 21:23 in this video - she says she's had a detox from everything: social media, family, friends, tiffany thinks family. THIS WOMAN!!! And she goes onto say that this is her time to put herself first. What exactly have poor Amma/ Matt and her family been doing all this time? Putting her needs and wants first, she even admitted in her tea with tiffany thinks videos that they'd get their life back if I don't have to go with this surgery.

Is she just saying things to say things? Does she not think how it would make people feel or when there's proof of things that show the exact opposite.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Asking to be moved for her mental health? I wouid NEVER have done that. Yet they've agreed to move her I'm 😮 tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Well I watched this one. I just have no words right now so I'll hold off on that bit.
I have a question about her actual surgery. She has said she had a PE and we are supposed to google it. I read all PE surgeries involve the reproductive organs, and then other organs depending on which version you have. Do they all entail being sewn up/shut rectally and vaginally? Or are there lesser versions where that doesn't happen? And from what I read a PE is for the reproductive organs primarily, I never recall her saying anything had spread there except for when she briefly mentioned the back vaginal wall, I could be wrong? Any healthcare people want to help me understand what she may have actually had done by the only clues we get in the videos since she's obviously not going to tell us anytime soon?

Reactions: 7
Okay watched the latest and have some comments...some of which I guess will not be popular..
-First I frankly totally agree with Tiffany asking about another ward. Just the sound effects and some of
what she probably heard as she becomes more and more alert is a valid reason to ask. She is right...
you don't ask you don't get. It cannot hurt. As it turns out she has another c-diff and now in private room.
I think that is a good thing.
-She is much more comfortable with the stoma concept and speaks freely about it.
-Note that Amma and Matt wear no mask around her in the room but put hem on for the hallways.
Makes no sense to me.
-Elodie is missing and apparently part of family that she wants no communication with at this point.
I think that is strange. That is her sister.
-She is in the Ellis Ward and don't know if she will have to move back into the big wards again. I know many
will say she is not special etc. but I think the c-diff saved her.

Reactions: 12
Okay watched the latest and have some comments...some of which I guess will not be popular..
-First I frankly totally agree with Tiffany asking about another ward. Just the sound effects and some of
what she probably heard as she becomes more and more alert is a valid reason to ask. She is right...
you don't ask you don't get. It cannot hurt. As it turns out she has another c-diff and now in private room.
I think that is a good thing.
-She is much more comfortable with the stoma concept and speaks freely about it.
-Note that Amma and Matt wear no mask around her in the room but put hem on for the hallways.
Makes no sense to me.
-Elodie is missing and apparently part of family that she wants no communication with at this point.
I think that is strange. That is her sister.
-She is in the Ellis Ward and don't know if she will have to move back into the big wards again. I know many
will say she is not special etc. but I think the c-diff saved her.
Well most wards are very noisy and unpleasant, often with someone shouting out all night long ( I've experienced this both as a patient and a nurse working nights) . They can't move everyone, but it's ok according to you, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Reactions: 12
There is a slight increase for us in France too but it’s definitely not the « norm » it’s still quite rare and most of them have genetics syndromes. Sure nothing is proven and geneticists definitely think the reason is genetics here. Do you know that age recedes with lynch and genetics syndrome, if your grandma had cancer at 80 then your parent will get it at 70 and you will get it at 60 ( not always the case but most of the time it’s like that and could be a reason why young people have colorectal cancer, that’s what geneticists say in France). And do you know that one person on 250 has lynch syndrome ( so a lot of people ) but only 5% of them know they have Lynch. And I don’t speak about people who have Lynch like syndrome like me. The gene will only be find in ten years or so, a lot of people have it and have no idea. I can tell you that in Gustave Roussy the huge majority of young cancer patients/ under 50 have lynch, FAP or lynch like and unknown genetic mutations.

---

I do think it is, and my geneticists as well. In France most very young people with colorectal cancers have FAP lynch or lynch like. Don’t let it be coffee. Coffee was bad and now it’s good again…
JJ Singleton has Lynch syndrome and do you know that her sister has not lynch but lynch like, just like me … Genetics are so mysterious HA ! Maybe Tiffany has a genetic cancer they just couldn’t find the gene yet …

---

I totally agree she is aware of using thumbnails to draw attention. And she is aware of the cliffhangers at the end of the videos too, she is the one who edits and cuts, that’s what she did in the last one …
This is so informative. I did "research" Lynch and Lynch-like syndrome when you mentioned it a while ago. I read that some of these are correlated with being ashkenazi jewish (also BRCA). I was not aware of FAP syndrome. Yep coffee was bad, now coffee is good, just like eggs which used to be considered unhealthy and now eggs are revered 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well most wards are very noisy and unpleasant, often with someone shouting out all night long ( I've experienced this both as a patient and a nurse working nights) . They can't move everyone, but it's ok according to you, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
I am just putting myself in that situation...if that was my daughter and I came in the morning...she reported having to listen to all of that and clearly her mental condition was being impacted I would ask. They could say no but it just does not hurt. If no c-diff not sure where she would have gone. Dont know what the various wards are like...maybe some are quieter ...maybe not.

I must admit, if I was on that ward, I would be climbing the walls with the noise. Is she suggesting she was in a ward with people dying around her?
I looked up Ellis ward, I'm not sure why she wasn't there already, unless it was full.
Big tick for actually mentioning the stoma, but then brownie points lost for still calling everything 'wires' 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I am just putting myself in that situation...if that was my daughter and I came in the morning...she reported having to listen to all of that and clearly her mental condition was being impacted I would ask. They could say no but it just does not hurt. If no c-diff not sure where she would have gone. Dont know what the various wards are like...maybe some are quieter ...maybe not.
I agree with you on this part if she was just asking because of the mental health stuff - fine. But does she have to lie in the process? Like she never cries, she never asks for help or is demanding etc? Later in the video she's saying she's getting a detox even from family - the very people who have waited on hands and feet(and their lives truly seem like they're catered in a large part to her) for her and she's saying she's putting herself first this time round.

Reactions: 8
Don’t blame her at all for wanting her own room. I would too. Being on a ward is absolutely horrible.

Reactions: 5
It's not about asking (it's understandable), it's using emotional manipulation (crying) and saying "i never cry and complain".

• Heart
What an utter self-entitled turd she is. Always tossing and turning to make it go like she wants it. A very unpleasant and rather disgusting type of a woman.
There are also other patients on that ward who have also the right to recover peacefully and not to be bothered by a egotistical person who pretends to be Almodóvar.

• Haha
  • Heart
My experience with hospitals is rather limited, but wouldn't most wards be loud? I was in a private room when I had my children but I could still hear what was going on in the hallway and even in the rooms next door. I was also in the hospital for a night and shared a room with another lady last year. And yes, it was loud. Some patients in other rooms were shouting, the nurses were always talking, etc.
I am very surprised her hospital agreed to move her since the NHS is busy and stretched thin. Shouldn't a private room be reserved for someone with a contagious infection (like C diff) or someone who is dying so they can meet alone with their family?
They are horrendously noisy, and I have been visiting on wards with people actively dying, which is quite dreadful to hear (I'm sure nurses get used to it, no eyelids were being batted), and very difficult for their relatives too.
As it turns out she potentially has c-diff again, so she gets a pass.

Don’t blame her at all for wanting her own room. I would too. Being on a ward is absolutely horrible.
i would have been arranging a loan to pay for a private room if that is what it took You cannot put a $$ sign on some peace and quiet to recover.

---

What an utter self-entitled turd she is. Always tossing and turning to make it go like she wants it. A very unpleasant and rather disgusting type of a woman.
There are also other patients on that ward who have also the right to recover peacefully and not to be bothered by a egotistical person who pretends to be Almodóvar.
If it bothers them that much then they could have asked. I say it just does not hurt to ask. I have been amazed throughout life that a simple request to move a seat or whatever it is can improve your situation. If the answer is no so be it.

Reactions: 6
Those are two possibilities for the increase as well as obesity, but nothing proven yet. It's not likely due to genetics/Lynch syndrome. But being able to figure out the real reason(s) will be tough. Is it food coloring, preservatives, BBQ meats, too much sugar, alcohol, stress? Just please don't let it be coffee. But seriously, if this trend continues maybe one day the younger folks will be starting yearly Cologuard testing at age .. 30? 35??
Colorectal cancer has just officially been citied as the leading cause of cancer-related death among males aged 20-49 in the U.S. A GI Medical Oncologist at the University of Pittsburgh tweeted the news. Second screenshot is a comment about testing.
This article discusses the rise of cancer in younger people:

Based on numerous research studies of diet and bowel cancer, Tiffany's steady diet of junk and processed food might've played a role. I hope she starts to eat healthier and never does another McDonald's mukbang video.

Attachments

• Sick
I read the description of Ellis Ward which clearly is newer area and designed for patients having gone thru surgery similar to Tiffany. There are two private rooms maybe one of which she got thanks to c-diff. Given she was discharged before the 3-4 week timeframe I have to assume things went better for her in that area.

I guess we’re kind of lucky in the US, or at least every hospital I’ve been in, in that we have rooms which are either double or single occupancy. So much less noise. Where she was seemed incredibly noisy.

Reactions: 11
I guess we’re kind of lucky in the US, or at least every hospital I’ve been in, in that we have rooms which are either double or single occupancy. So much less noise. Where she was seemed incredibly noisy.
I think because insurance covers the cost, so it equates to private care here in the UK. I am not sure which system is better, both have their good and bad points, but from what I have seen from videos, if you are able to afford insurance in the US, and if the company plays ball, the patient experience is much better there. Everything comes down to money in the end.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.