Tiffany Thinks #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I realize it seems counter intuitive but sometimes people find it easier to talk to strangers about really tough topics rather than close family. I think that is what is going on with Tiffany...I find it sad but the way she functions.
More "around" tough topics than "about" them, maybe...

Reactions: 9
I managed to watch Tiffany’s video. It was very hard. I felt so sorry for her. I know a lot of people really appreciated it, and that’s good for them. But personally I wish she hadn’t put that video out. I found it upsetting to see her that way. I don’t like anyone to have to go through something like that. Someone else here mentioned that she could have done a video where she and Amma were discussing how things went at the hospital, etc. I would have liked that better. It seems like Tiffany likes vlogging better than sitting down and talking. At least she did say in the previous video to please remember that she is home and recovering now. Otherwise people might tend to think they are watching it in real time, which I think would be more upsetting. So I’m glad she was honest about that. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve just watched Tiffany’s video.

It’s a hard watch and I’m glad that Amma didn’t see her like that. The day to day at home learning to be with her new body and symptoms, as she puts it, is going to be enough for Amma to cope with.

Cancer is just the shittest of diseases.

Thank You to everyone for their well wishes, I sincerely appreciate it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
In the first couple minutes of her video when she stated "I haven't talked to any of my family, I haven't talked to any of my friends" I immediately got angry! What a selfish mentally deranged person she is! Is she lying or has she seriously not talked to her sister or anyone else in her family since the day she had her surgery? Yes, the surgery and having cancer is horrible, but to shut out your own family and close friends is deplorable. She supposedly claims that she doesn't want Amma, Matt or her family to be sad or suffer because of her illness but what on earth does she think she is doing by acting this way.
!
I still have 9 pages to read but just wanted to give you another opinion on this. When I was first diagnosed with cancer in April and for the first 6-7 months really I also shut off my friends and family.

I wasn’t coping well with such a big diagnosis and was mentally drained, so much so i had no mental energy to respond to any of my loved ones. I ended up going through 6 months of treatment completely alone and interacting pretty much only with my daughter who is almost 2 and one friend who became very toxic in terms of my care.

during This time I refused mental health help, a lot was offered to me but I was in complete shut down. Ifinally had a long talk with two incredible macmillan nurses in early December and only then did I feel ready to go back connect with my friends.

please don’t judge Tiffany on her not speaking to friends or family, she could have ptsd from icu (I did) and other Mental health issues. She will talk to them ready, protecting your mental energy is not deplorable or selfish.

I disagree with much of Tiffany’s actions but I understand why she is blocking out loved ones at this time

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It is great reading this thread and seeing the different opinions about things like Tiffany posting the ICU video, but people here being careful to state their opinions respectfully. The kindness here brought tears to my eyes today and I’m someone who rarely ever cries.

Ok I just checked Krocks in the Kitchen Instagram and Facebook - no update. The pinned comment on the latest YouTube video said they would have an update by today so I’m a little nervous.
I really think that this thread is somewhat different to other threads on Tattle. Some of you have been generous enough to share your own experiences of cancer and related issues and that's given this thread a sense of balance and also quite a lot of trust, which I'm not sure is usually a Tattle sort of thing. It started because loads of us were bemused at Tiffany and her vlogs, but it's morphed into something quite different and also I think we all feel for this young woman who has been given a difficult load to carry and who still manages to show a sense of humour from her hospital bed. Not sure I'd be able to do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I lost my beautiful grandson last year to leukaemia, he was just 4. My daughter and her husband have been struggling to just put one foot infront of the other, but they’re slowly adjusting to the new “normal.” Being so raw to me personally I debated watching last nights Vlog, and as expected, while hard to watch, I’m glad I did. It showed that in our most vulnerable state, we all just want comfort. Wether that be calling out for our mums/partners etc, we just crave human touch when we don’t know what is happening around us or are in pain.

she shows herself being positive and brave in most of her vlogs and I know sometimes that gets her slated for being too “naive” but I think this vlog showed real fear, raw panic of waking up alone with all those wires and all that pain.

I for one can only take my hat off to Tiff, we all deal with things differently and her attitude/denial/behaviour, are at the end of the day just her way of coping. God bless her heart ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 22
That video was a very tough watch, I felt so sorry for Tiff. What a cruel disease, and she is so young! I did think that this video wasn't appropriate to film and that she should take some time to heal properly and privately, but as someone else said, we all deal with things differently and it must be awful for Amma and her family to watch Tiff go through this. Tiff probably feels like she can offload to YouTube without worrying about upsetting her audience and in turn this will protect Amma (to an extent). Sending her healing energy! No matter what your opinion is of Tiffany, no-one should have to endure what she has been through.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Can any of the knowledgeable bods here explain the wires in her neck please. At one point it looked like a nurse was administrating meds directly into it, so I’m guessing it works like the port/pic in her arms?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can any of the knowledgeable bods here explain the wires in her neck please. At one point it looked like a nurse was administrating meds directly into it, so I’m guessing it works like the port/pic in her arms?
Central line inserted into the larger neck veins to be able to accept large volume fluid and multiple lines at once through separate lumens but only one entry catheter.
Also the neck area is usually owned by anaesthetics during surgery (as long as surgery isn’t involving neck) so this keeps all up his/her end 👌🏻
Also central line gives quite an accurate indication of blood pressure and other major concerns during surgery so monitoring is another benefit

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Central line inserted into the larger neck veins to be able to accept large volume fluid and multiple lines at once through separate lumens but only one entry catheter.
Also the neck area is usually owned by anaesthetics during surgery (as long as surgery isn’t involving neck) so this keeps all up his/her end 👌🏻
Thanks Daisy. The neck is such a vulnerable area of the body it made me wince a bit seeing her like that but your explanation makes perfect sense. Good to have these things explained, they become normal and you realise there’s nothing to fear.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve just watched Tiffany’s video.

It’s a hard watch and I’m glad that Amma didn’t see her like that. The day to day at home learning to be with her new body and symptoms, as she puts it, is going to be enough for Amma to cope with.

Cancer is just the shittest of diseases.

Thank You to everyone for their well wishes, I sincerely appreciate it.
I think that is one sentence each and everyone will agree with. Cancer is the shittest of diseases (along with a few other diseases).

Hope you are feeling a little better today :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thanks Daisy. The neck is such a vulnerable area of the body it made me wince a bit seeing her like that but your explanation makes perfect sense. Good to have these things explained, they become normal and you realise there’s nothing to fear.
You’re welcome.
Thankfully central lines are not painful and are easily accessed by staff at anytime even when the patient is asleep you can very easily get to it.
Definitely nothing to fear and very common practice to have access for drugs and monitoring without the worry of smaller arm/hand veins collapsing and leaving the anaesthetist no access.

• Heart
I think that is one sentence each and everyone will agree with. Cancer is the shittest of diseases (along with a few other diseases).

Hope you are feeling a little better today :)
To be honest, I feel physically rubbish but I am coping much better and after watching Tiffany’s video I’ve been able to put my issues in perspective.

thank you for asking xXx

• Heart
That video was a very tough watch, I felt so sorry for Tiff. What a cruel disease, and she is so young! I did think that this video wasn't appropriate to film and that she should take some time to heal properly and privately, but as someone else said, we all deal with things differently and it must be awful for Amma and her family to watch Tiff go through this. Tiff probably feels like she can offload to YouTube without worrying about upsetting her audience and in turn this will protect Amma (to an extent). Sending her healing energy! No matter what your opinion is of Tiffany, no-one should have to endure what she has been through.
After, yet so many here seem to feel they are entitled to in-depth updates from her despite the fact she has just had major, life changing surgery. We aren’t entitled to anything she doesn’t want to share.

Reactions: 3
After, yet so many here seem to feel they are entitled to in-depth updates from her despite the fact she has just had major, life changing surgery. We aren’t entitled to anything she doesn’t want to share.
Nobody on here feels entitled. Over on YT her family of followers seem to feel more that way. Plus she obviously DOES want to share her major, life-changing surgery.

Last edited:
  • Heart
So many different takes on the video and different opinions. And reading each one, I agree with all in some way or another.
I too so appreciate the many varying opinions shared, I think I agree with nuggets from each as I am able to view her situation in ways that I didn't automatically see from my own initial vantage point.

I really think that this thread is somewhat different to other threads on Tattle. Some of you have been generous enough to share your own experiences of cancer and related issues and that's given this thread a sense of balance and also quite a lot of trust, which I'm not sure is usually a Tattle sort of thing.
I wonder if that's because so many here joined Tattle because of Tiffany and a sincere desire to understand her, not to judge or gossip? This set it up for an exchange of information that gave rise to a level of trust whereby members opened up about their own circumstances that could help enlighten those of us so terribly confused? It says a lot about this community, they themselves have been willing to open up and share.

Knowing this was filmed so many weeks ago, I did not have the same emotional reaction or difficulty watching as many (I'm feeling like a right cold sod, too). Tbf, I think I'd have more emotional connection to a Tattle member's video or shared experience of same than I did to Tiffany's. She wanted to 'produce' her life in film, and she has. I now accept Tiffany telling her story in her own way, as much or as little as she likes and at a time of her choosing. But, that acceptance of her overly produced videography for profit has come at a cost of disengaging my own emotions and looking at her more objectively. I took my time even deciding if I would watch her video.

Yes this is different to filming yourself but Tiffany is a vlogger and that's what she does.
I wondered if she was on a family- or doctor-imposed digital embargo? She has clearly been filming the entire time and intended to publish it, I don't see the break as having come from her. I think I understand better that she's been doing this for herself, perhaps that's also why I feel less attached. Maybe this is a consequence of filming her life and sticking a camera in her face for 10 years: needing to dramatise, monetise and publicise this difficult health crisis is second nature for her.

It broke my heart when she was crying for Matt and her mom.
Anyone coming out of any surgery and anaesthetic can have a similar emotional reaction or as a side effect of anaesthesia or medications. She'd been extubated already, but she was also heavily medicated.

I was amazed too that she couldn’t read the names to call Matt or Amma but she could see the red record button to make a video …
We know she wears contacts and/or eyeglasses, her difficulty seeing could be attributable to that, or crying so much that her vision was blurry, her eyes were swollen half shut?

Matt and Elodie's laugh reactions might easily have been due to the overwhelming relief at seeing Tiffany moving around and speaking. Or seeing her half loopy on drugs. If she'd been intubated, and given their level of worry over countless hours upon hours before they could see her at all and not knowing the condition they'd find her in, I would expect they were filled with unimaginable, uncontrollable relief. If Amma was in such a state to not have even been able to visit yet, I expect the entire family's emotions were off the charts. Laughing inappropriately does not seem farfetched.

We don't really know the circumstances why Elodie wasn't wearing a mask. Given RM is a top notch hospital, I'm inclined to believe she had approval and an acceptable medical reason for being maskless.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I too so appreciate the many varying opinions shared, I think I agree with nuggets from each as I am able to view her situation in ways that I didn't automatically see from my own initial vantage point.

I wonder if that's because so many here joined Tattle because of Tiffany and a sincere desire to understand her, not to judge or gossip? This set it up for an exchange of information that gave rise to a level of trust whereby members opened up about their own circumstances that could help enlighten those of us so terribly confused? It says a lot about this community, they themselves have been willing to open up and share.

Knowing this was filmed so many weeks ago, I did not have the same emotional reaction or difficulty watching as many (I'm feeling like a right cold sod, too). Tbf, I think I'd have more emotional connection to a Tattle member's video or shared experience of same than I did to Tiffany's. She wanted to 'produce' her life in film, and she has. I now accept Tiffany telling her story in her own way, as much or as little as she likes and at a time of her choosing. But, that acceptance of her overly produced videography for profit has come at a cost of disengaging my own emotions and looking at her more objectively. I took my time even deciding if I would watch her video.

I wondered if she was on a family- or doctor-imposed digital embargo? She has clearly been filming the entire time and intended to publish it, I don't see the break as having come from her. I think I understand better that she's been doing this for herself, perhaps that's also why I feel less attached. Maybe this is a consequence of filming her life and sticking a camera in her face for 10 years: needing to dramatise, monetise and publicise this difficult health crisis is second nature for her.

Anyone coming out of any surgery and anaesthetic can have a similar emotional reaction or as a side effect of anaesthesia or medications. She'd been extubated already, but she was also heavily medicated.

We know she wears contacts and/or eyeglasses, her difficulty seeing could be attributable to that, or crying so much that her vision was blurry, her eyes were swollen half shut?

Matt and Elodie's laugh reactions might easily have been due to the overwhelming relief at seeing Tiffany moving around and speaking. Or seeing her half loopy on drugs. If she'd been intubated, and given their level of worry over countless hours upon hours before they could see her at all and not knowing the condition they'd find her in, I would expect they were filled with unimaginable, uncontrollable relief. If Amma was in such a state to not have even been able to visit yet, I expect the entire family's emotions were off the charts. Laughing inappropriatey does not seem farfetched.

We don't really know the circumstances why Elodie wasn't wearing a mask. Given RM is a top notch hospital, I'm inclined to believe she had approval and an acceptable medical reason for being maskless.
Elodie may well have done a Covid test before being allowed in.

I’m finally weaning myself off watching Tiffany Thinks…it’s getting easier I didn’t even finish watching her last vlog in full.
I’m really glad she had surgery and a short recovery in hospital, I thought it would be months!!
The thing is… the repetition and her cutesy voice won’t disappear and her Tiffany-isms are far too annoying for me. 🤦🏽‍♀️
She is a sweet girl but we have nothing in common and her personality isn’t for me, at the same time I could not bear to hear any sad news in her future, I’d rather not know.
When I watched her last upload I didn’t feel incredibly sad for her, I felt like I had more of a morbid interest in how she looked, spoke and so on which felt odd. I felt a bit guilty feeling that way. At the end of the day I don’t know her🤷🏽‍♀️ I have left well wishes in her comments page nonetheless.

It’s not nice to see someone at their worst and yes of course she is brave to record herself in that stage so soon after surgery, her vulnerability is clear but her loneliness and desperation to stay in contact with her online world of followers is strange to me.

I understand that it can be easier to talk to strangers then family but after I removed toxic relatives and friends out of my life for good and was honest with myself, I don’t have that issue anymore.
I can now talk to my loved ones openly about everything and they do the same.
At the same time I know there is a monetary gain from her making her Vlogs or content, which is fine she may plan to leave an inheritance or save up for her future or just have Funds to live day to day, bill to bill. #costoflivingcrisis 😓

The thing is I stumbled across her channel because I thought I was seriously ill and because of the algorithm of YouTube searches of the symptoms I typed in, it led me to her channel.

Well it turned out I was 2 months pregnant and I’m in my 40s.. but by the time I found out I was pregnant august 17th 2022 I was already watching her channel often.
So I’m going to focus on my happiness and stay healthy and enjoy this 2023 and delete my history and watch history and tune into happier thoughts and more relatable subjects. Hopefully it will shift the algorithm.

To anyone who is ill and suffering you will always be in my prayers and well wishes. I’ve learnt so much from this whole conversation. Really important, eye opening information that will help me to understand others in my community and so on.

Please focus on your happy dreams, keep a hobby and don’t invest too much time into Tiffany and her world. Your world is yours and vastly important.
Happy 2023 everyone xxx
🤗

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Matt and Elodie's laugh reactions might easily have been due to the overwhelming relief at seeing Tiffany moving around and speaking. Or seeing her half loopy on drugs. If she'd been intubated, and given their level of worry over countless hours upon hours before they could see her at all and not knowing the condition they'd find her in, I would expect they were filled with unimaginable, uncontrollable relief. If Amma was in such a state to not have even been able to visit yet, I expect the entire family's emotions were off the charts. Laughing inappropriately does not seem farfetched.
This is exactly how I took the laughing as well.

Reactions: 11
This is exactly how I took the laughing as well.
I thought he was laughing because he was keen to make Tiffany feel better. It was a nervous, relieved sort of laugh. Quite understandable. They're trying to keep her spirits up and the feeling around her bed very positive.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.