Tiffany Thinks #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking about an experience (even with the input of family members after the event) is one thing but this new video is just a step too far. From someone who has lost both parents to cancer, this is sick and inappropriate. Tiffany has given little detail of her true diagnosis or even her actual life with cancer and then posts this. Why? Has she read the comments here? Is it for money? Whilst I agree it is her choice as to what she shares (i have huge issue with this as she isn’t a ‘cancer vlogger’ at all but seems to be using the illness to make money) however my main concern is that she seems mentally unwell to me and her family don’t seem to notice. Her latest video was a step too far and I’ve unsubscribed today. How she could sit, edit and then post this is beyond me. She’s dangerously detached from reality and it must be about the money!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes, but I find it rather preposterous that when you wake up from a very long surgery the first thing you do is film yourself. I mean, really? How addicted to vlogging must one be?
Agree. How addicted must one be indeed!
She cannot see the numbers on a phone to ring her mother, but finds the ‘on’ button for the camera.
A video of Tiffany sitting at home talking about her surgery and talking about what her time in hospital was like would have been wonderful, but not Tiffany, she needs the dramatics to add an emotional wow factor.
I question the need for this.
I have spent many years in Intensive Care Units and have never seen anyone wanting to vlog their own time.
We don’t usually allow cameras either. We do allow staff to take a picture for family on request. Not video.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I was only able to watch the first minute. I find it very brave (? Not sure if that is the right word) that she shows this level of volunerability. Yet she does not share much detail of her cancer journey. It's like she is tmi about some aspects but completely secretive about others. Whatever opinion you have of her, it's so hard to watch a young girl in this state. I have to say seeing her be so sweet in such medicated state tugs at my heart. I hope she has a smooth recover. I truly hope they got all the cancer out.
You have hit the nail on the head. Completely overboard and TMI with certain things (rushing into hospital in horrible pain, talking often about vomiting and bleeding a lot, these post surgery moments) and secretive about others (results of tests and what the doctors say, organs, stoma). Very interesting this contrast.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Wonder if medical personnel are getting used to all the social media stuff now... patients with selfie sticks filming themselves sick, injured, etc for views.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I feel differently to many of you on here regarding whether it was appropriate for Tiffany to film herself in ICU. I thought that took real guts. She would know how bad she looked. This is cancer, in all it's horrible reality and I feel that she's a bit damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. People complain about her vacuous vlogs with no cancer content because they want to hear more about the cancer treatment. When she finally shows us the reality of extensive cancer surgery, people don't like it. She has driven me mental in the past but for this, I applaud her.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I feel differently to many of you on here regarding whether it was appropriate for Tiffany to film herself in ICU. I thought that took real guts. She would know how bad she looked. This is cancer, in all it's horrible reality and I feel that she's a bit damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. People complain about her vacuous vlogs with no cancer content because they want to hear more about the cancer treatment. When she finally shows us the reality of extensive cancer surgery, people don't like it. She has driven me mental in the past but for this, I applaud her.
100% with you on this. Still not watched it but as I read the comments here my thoughts are, she can’t do right for doing wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I've not yet watched her latest video - not in the best frame of mind right now, but from all the comments I've read here I completely agree with you. It may not be easy to watch and "too much" as some people have commented, but it's reality. Tiffany isn't the best at articulating her words, so if this how she conveys the grimness and rawness of her situation, then I think it's a good thing.
I much prefer this to the usual fluff on her channel. Not because I enjoy watching people suffer, but because it's real. I think she's very brave to show herself like this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I agree with you and my heart breaks for her but I think sitting down and giving actual facts (the way Jessica and Brian do) about the surgery and the cancer (any news on the margins, what is her surgeon and her oncologist team saying about the surgery and the cancer, maybe future steps etc) would have sufficed. Just my opinion. She is very eager to film but then she says she is not ready to talk about it. What she showed us is basically what a patient looks like after a major surgery. And it is a harrowing watch, she certainly has guts.

Reactions: 15
Can Matt just STOP. LAUGHING. He's laughing all the time...
I’d say It’s nervous laughter on the whole.
I understood why both Matt and Elodie had the chuckles when they did. It is because Tiffany was describing how she is moisturizing her lips with whatever was imbibed on the large cotton swab, as she went on about how dry her lips were. Imagine, someone who has had her pelvic organs removed, who is wired to the hilt with accompanying tubes, worrying about her chapped lips and taking care to dab them with the cotton swab, seemingly oblivious to the gravity of the surgery she just had! It was actually cute, in some regard, and they were chuckling because they found that amusing since Tiffany also was in good spirits when she was tending to her dry lips. Anyway, that is my interpretation, because I, too, was smiling when she was explaining and demonstrating how the cotton swab was given to her to moisturize her dry lips.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have the same question. I found this horrifying and really sad. Who is in that room helping her do this? This is an ICU unit...I am just amazed. What is even more absolutely unbelievable is Elodie there right in her face with no mask??????? For those of you in UK is that not the rules in a hospital anywhere let alone ICU with a patient that could not be any more vulnerable. What is wrong that they allow this and even more why would Elodie expose her sister like this. Would very much like an explanation. That really bothered me.
Why would you like an explanation??

Well there you have it. Surgeon says good news, but Tattle have decided she must have got bad news and looks sad because she is preparing for her death.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm sorry but this vlog is way, way too much. It's one thing to honestly talk about your illness and provide useful info to others when you're at home or going to appts. She should have done much more of this. But, to me, it's bizarre and morbid to film oneself just out of surgery, in the ICU, doped to the gills. My god, but she is addicted to her channel! I stopped it only a few minutes in. This will sound cold but I honestly believe she posted this to draw in even more subs. She's not able to vlog normally for very long, but she also worried about her channel going blank for too much longer. This is the perfect solution. I truly feel for her and all she's going through but this vlog was not necessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree with you and my heart breaks for her but I think sitting down and giving actual facts (the way Jessica and Brian do) about the surgery and the cancer (any news on the margins, what is her surgeon and her oncologist team saying about the surgery and the cancer, maybe future steps etc) would have sufficed. Just my opinion. She is very eager to film but then she says she is not ready to talk about it. What she showed us is basically what a patient looks like after a major surgery. And it is a harrowing watch, she certainly has guts.
Agree with you on that. I often wished she had given us more info in her vlogs. However , this latest vlog kind of makes up for that many times over, because there's no doubt left at all after watching it. Some people on here even previously questioned whether she really had cancer, or whether she was less ill than she made out. Glad she's put an end to that sort of speculation.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Can Matt just STOP. LAUGHING. He's laughing all the time...
it is clearly a very nervous laugh...I did hear a different tone in his voice with telling Tiffany to stop pulling at her legs. That guy has been thru hell too. At least he is smart enough to wear a mask.

Reactions: 13
I can absolutely understand what you are saying and I myself agree with you … dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t. She can do no right and I myself am guilty of holding her to account for this.
I just don’t get the vast contrast with her inability to verbally offer information, but her over exuberant ability to get her camera out.
I can’t help but think Tiffany is quite an unwell person mentally and for some reason yet unknown, she is trying to fill some void in her life by running this channel that apparently isn’t educational to appease an audience who are virtual.
I really hope she is getting some psychological help to support her journey.

• Heart
To those saying she only filmed herself in that state to get subs, it's worth remembering that actually, for several weeks now when she has been at home, she hasn't vlogged at all until the last couple of days. It's clearly been seriously awful for her both physically and mentally. My God, I know this is Tattle and we're known for being a certain way, but surely that doesn’t need to preclude a bit of sensitivity and compassion.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.