Tiffany Thinks #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, I can imagine the time right before the surgery is the absolute worst and frightening! You guys saying it's today or tomorrow put a pit in my stomach for her, I really can't fathom having to face this. I do hope she gets thru it.
I think she should have told her followers about the surgery, if she has 2 or 3 videos set to release and they find out she's had surgery already, I don't think that will look good. Although they may not care considering the circumstances. And maybe she added a blurb at the end of the last one releasing.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Her comments section in her stand up to cancer video is the only one out of all of them where the posts are out of this world all arguing with each other

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I would have had to be on anxiety medication for weeks if I was scheduled for a PE. I would want to be drugged out of my mind for the first few days in ICU/CCU.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I would have had to be on anxiety medication for weeks if I was scheduled for a PE. I would want to be drugged out of my mind for the first few days in ICU/CCU.
Agreed, I'd have to be essentially catatonic. I do think to an extent her ignorance is protecting her from a complete mental breakdown.

Reactions: 21
Are there any specific time frames these long surgeries are done by Surgeons? A 12-15 hours surgery is LONG! Do surgeons prefer to carry them out during the daytime or maybe through the night?

Reactions: 5
So do we think today is the day for surgery?
Today or tomorrow. Likely today if she didnt reply to anyone yesterday.

Are there any specific time frames these long surgeries are done by Surgeons? A 12-15 hours surgery is LONG! Do surgeons prefer to carry them out during the daytime or maybe through the night?
Daytime. No way it is done at night. Only real unplanned emergencies are done off hours. These surgeries require all supports in house such as labs etc. she will have quick frozen bipsies sent to pathology lab to confirm that any sus area is cancer or not. That is why she can't totally confirm which organs/structures will be removed during the operation. They have to open her up and see what they find, then confirm with frozen sections taken. They get results very quickly while still on the OR table. She is hoping the bladder can be spared.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Got to be today/tomorrow. She always comments or writes on the comments on her vlogs. Hope she’s okay and gets through the Op. Her poor mum. 🙏that they get everything and she can live a long live.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Today or tomorrow. Likely today if she didnt reply to anyone yesterday.

Daytime. No way it is done at night. Only real unplanned emergencies are done off hours. These surgeries require all supports in house such as labs etc. she will have quick frozen bipsies sent to pathology lab to confirm that any sus area is cancer or not. That is why she can't totally confirm which organs/structures will be removed during the operation. They have to open her up and see what they find, then confirm with frozen sections taken. They get results very quickly while still on the OR table. She is hoping the bladder can be spared.
Thank-you so much for that detailed input, really appreciate it. Made me search 'Frozen Section Biopsy' and read up and learn about it. Amazing to see how far Medical Science has gone and how brilliant Surgeons are. Fantastic stuff.

And this is why I love Tattle... the informative posts here have made me search online more and learn. (y)

• Heart
I think surgery is today!!! Hope it all goes well and I hope Amma gets through the stress of it too

Yes I think it's today they had heavy snow in London on Sunday no mention of that yet

Although Tiff has come across in her videos as not having a care in the world about the surgery I should imagine off camera she's screaming and slamming the door in her head
Yeah we had heavy beautiful snow Sunday, I live in south London like Tiffany and that would have been beautiful to capture for her vlogmas for sure.
prayers up for Tiffany 💯🙏🏾

I'd need to be sedated from before op to at least 6 months after the op

• Sad
  • Heart
They prefer to start in the morning … Most of surgeries are in the morning it’s better for a number of reasons … Team need to be as fresh as possible I don’t think they will start surgery in the evening …

Reactions: 15
A study was done on patents after having PE ..In our study, two patients died as a consequence of poor nutrition due to unwillingness to eat. I mean she's not keen on eating prior to surgery can't see her having much appetite after surgery

They prefer to start in the morning … Most of surgeries are in the morning it’s better for a number of reasons … Team need to be as fresh as possible I don’t think they will start surgery in the evening …
No it'll be morning early

Yeah we had heavy beautiful snow Sunday, I live in south London like Tiffany and that would have been beautiful to capture for her vlogmas for sure.
prayers up for Tiffany 💯🙏🏾
I like watching it through the window but I'm not keen to go out in it far too cold for me ⛄

• Wow
Reactions: 9
It would seem they start in the morning and go as long as they have to. For Tiffany the blood loss will be really a concern. I have a real feeling it is happening today...the date was not decided by Tiffany it was decided and booked long ago by her team. If it is the 13th so be it.

Reactions: 14
An epidural is awesome for prevent pain but I’m guessing they take it out after 24 hours since they need to get you up on your feet to walk a little. The idea of removal of the epidural scares the heck out of me. I just can’t imagine how they keep the pain under control after that.

• Sad
A study was done on patents after having PE ..In our study, two patients died as a consequence of poor nutrition due to unwillingness to eat. I mean she's not keen on eating prior to surgery can't see her having much appetite after surgery

No it'll be morning early

I like watching it through the window but I'm not keen to go out in it far too cold for me ⛄
Wow died as a consequence of poor nutrition ! What the … ! Where was that ? … Patients who cannot ou don’t want to eat have a nasogastric tube in France except if they are terminal … !

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Elodie adds a new entry on her IG pretty much daily. Today there is nothing.

An epidural is awesome for prevent pain but I’m guessing they take it out after 24 hours since they need to get you up on your feet to walk a little. The idea of removal of the epidural scares the heck out of me. I just can’t imagine how they keep the pain under control after that.
she describes them turning her from side to side as she cannot lay flat. Wow that would be awful. I remember sleeping positions were difficult after surgery but of course the surgery was nothing like this. I would think that getting her up on her feet will be delayed a bit in this kind of surgery. She made it sound like the rehab was almost learning everything over. Oh wow..I hope this is curative and that she does get that miracle.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Friends, today could be the day....she could be on the operating table right now. I can't stand her 80% of the time but I so want her to get through this as safely as possible. It's madness to be this worried about a stranger I don't even like....someone slap me FFS!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
She is probably having the surgery right now.

Can you imagine how poor Amma must be feeling?

I expect this operation has been hanging over their heads like the sword of Damocles so they may even be glad that the waiting is over.

I'm hoping they can feed her by TPN if she's too underweight and ensure that she gets enough nutrients into her.

Let's hope she keeps her bladder and so only needs one stoma and that she pulls through.

Must have posted the same time as you Villanelly ;)

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.