Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The colour of the poor baby both of mine were bad with it but I was told to feed them every 3 hours.... mine were bottle fed! And put them in the window, for the daylight it took a not of time but got there. All joking aside I hope someone give them a boot in the arse

Reactions: 3

jayne2240

VIP Member
It’s looks like her checked duvet cover in last story…
I pray to god they have just gone to their actual home. I just can’t imagine a world where she doesn’t pack up and drag them all to Scotland for half term. Especially when she was already on the way there by going to Robs dads.

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
How far away is robs family from Sarah’s actual home (the English one) surely even that’s too far for a newborn too be travelling in his car seat?
How far away is robs family from Sarah’s actual home (the English one) surely even that’s too far for a newborn too be travelling in his car seat?
I think his family live somewhere around the Matlock area in Derbyshire so 200 miles’ish

Markusadam

I’m surprised there were no other football families who could give them a lift there and back. I would do that and give a child lunch. That said, I couldn’t and wouldn’t commit to open ended child care if a sibling was in hospital to let Rob attend for the entire time. This is part of the factoring in that needs to be done when having children well away from any family support.

There is a feckless family who are at my son’s football and, to be honest, everyone’s generosity has been totally exhausted. The parents are take take take and we end up taking the son to football at short notice so the mother can go and muck out her horse or the dad’s hung over and can’t be bothered to get out of bed! We do it so the children don’t miss out but once the parents’ poor choices start to impact materially on or own family lives, we can’t be expected to do that
---

Not attending the birth of your baby is not a safeguarding risk. Leaving three children alone - one of whom is a newborn with what seems like faltering growth, prolonged jaundice and feeding problems m - with a parent with a history of mental health problens, who seems in or near crisis, and no local family support is either a safeguarding risk or teetering seriously close. Don’t know how the Navy deals with that. Presumably if someone consistently can’t deploy for family reasons, they are discharged as unable to carry out the role. When is he going? It is possible that the feeding issues could be resolved in a few weeks and the baby turned a corner. Presumably any issue decision is made right at the last minute based on medical evidence
---
I suspect any test applied to get out of deploying is very high or everyone would be claiming they can’t go for this that and the other reason and reassessed regularly so the person might miss a week or two and then fly out (if possible) and rejoin the ship and relieve whomever has covered for them.

I also assume the Navy will put a lot of pressure on Rob to get family support from Grannie etc. We may see the whole family travelling circus back off to Aberdeen sooner than we thought

he will probably be relieved to get away from Sarah’s crazy when he is deployed

GiggleBee

VIP Member
The poor wee soul getting dragged out to football 🙁 there’s no need for him to be there.

I had an age gap between mine and I found this stage a good point for not just stream lining activities but also teaching the older kids that sometimes I would have to put the baby first.
I prepared them while I was pregnant and started encouraging independence and enjoying me not always being right there with them.
It’s good to learn that the world doesn’t revolve around them and being that bit older it was easier because I could explain.
Sadly though in Sarah's world Isla is on a pedistol and I think Isla knows this. I imagine if Sarah said she wasnt going Isla would kick off and Sarah can't face that, so just drags the baby along to keep Isla happy.

• Sad

Swipeuptobuy

VIP Member
I’m not sure why any family or friends think this is acceptable…isn’t burger tits Jessy wonder godmother life coach watching this shit ? Or her bloody mother calling her telling her to get her nips out of the baby’s mouth and offer a bottle…or her fucking husband. They are all walking on eggshells …..she needs professional help especially as Sinbad is off next week.

Thenameisweasley

You don’t actually need to stay with your child. The reason the nurses are frustrated is they need to care for the child (whilst doing a million other things and already being overworked) and it is upsetting for the child so there should be a good reason for parents not to stay. But some parents have no choice - if they are a single parent and have no one else to care for children at home, they can’t stay with the child in hospital all the time. Obviously the reasons that parents can’t stay need to be discussed with them in case it raises safeguarding issues.

Hopefully this is the start of better times for little C and things will look up this week 🤞
---
I think Sarah thinks she has no “content” if she doesn’t go out. Actually, she could make some very good and authentic content around focussing on little C, expressing, taking time at home to try and establish feeding and showing it’s tricky and not always linear. Just a much slower, baby-centred pace of life where not everyone gets their nails done 10 days after their fragile baby has been born and gets dressed up in weird gets ups that actively make breastfeeding harder. Who wants to be trying to latch a newborn on in a public place with a jumper hoicked up under their chin? Who cares if it Adanola or wherever. It’s bonkers. Make like easy for yourself. Value is not assigned dependent on how a person or thing looks

You do if you’re insisting on exclusively breast feeding though. The nurse can’t feed a baby anything else if you don’t allow it

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
Why is she referring to herself as ‘Mam’ again when she calls her own mother ‘Mum’? Is she finally dropping the ‘Mama and Dada’ nonsense?

Spanielears

I always had a sheet and a doubled over muslin under their head. When he does start eating that mattress will end up ruined by the little milk sicks they all do from time to time.

DeloresBawbag

VIP Member
Wow, she actually took a screenshot of the traffic map to share on instagram? Before commencing a full on monologue of mundanity.

rainbowunicorn9

Chatty Member
It’s like Sarah using Mam, defo not what she would say naturally but forces herself to make herself seem Scottish. Does anyone know where she was actually born?

Reactions: 2

90sgirl

VIP Member
I can't pinpoint why but he just doesn't look like a well/healthy baby :( I'm really hoping he's under all the right people.
I really hope that’s not C’s Moses basket in the corner of the room like a dog bed. Why is it not on a stand or anything?!

Reactions: 2