Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The eating dog food made me laugh out loud 🤣 dog food is bloody expensive, be cheaper to get a loaf of bread 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I was wondering that as well as some of the brands are pricy, especially for a small tin or pouch. It's a bit bad but I always wondered when I read these articles about people eating dog food if they are eating the meat or the biscuits.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Our local groups are now overrun with posts thanking good Samaritans for helping them in the snow, “what a lovely community we have” etc. I know it’s nice to say thank you but it just feels too sickly sweet for me and half of it’s more than likely posted for a bit of attention and a few likes.

Can’t please me 😂 people are either too miserable or too nicey nicey clearly

• Haha
It's not that they are too nicey-nicey, it's that it's perfomative for attention. I get annoyed by it too.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I was wondering that as well as some of the brands are pricy, especially for a small tin or pouch. It's a bit bad but I always wondered when I read these articles about people eating dog food if they are eating the meat or the biscuits.
This really made me laugh….just people all over the country wondering if a person would choose the meat or the biscuits if they had to eat dog food….
Personally I don’t believe it, my dog costs a fortune to feed but my kids would be happy with a value pizza or a tin of Lidl ravioli that’s less than 50p! And like someone said, it’s awful that attention seeking (bullshit) stories like this take away from the true stories of families who are struggling. I saw a guy on TV the other day saying him and his wife both work but every penny they earn is spent, and their 7 year old needed new shoes but they couldn’t spare £20 for a pair without sacrificing food or heat. And the talk about warm banks - a lovely idea for supporting people who can’t afford to heat their homes, but should not be needed in 2022.

Reactions: 8
“Thank you to Steve who helped tow us last night”….did you not thank him at the time? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I have been wondering about this as well. I don't know if it is for sympathy or just to almost show off in a way. There is a woman I know, she is rather well off, the family has got two cars, goes on holiday frequently, and always goes out, and then she is posting things about how she is not having her lights on until the evening to save money or she is switching off her fridge until a certain time of the day to save money, then she acts all smug about it when comment on her posts and they are usually competing to another about their measures to save power.

Feeling like I'm doing something wrong when I put on the heating and when I go online and read headlines and posts about people eating dog food or heating things up on the radiator. Just feeling like I'm going on a constant guilt trip when I go online about the cost of living crisis.
1/2 of it is bollox posts ... didn't/ hasn't happened.
Anything to try & undermine society & get people at each others throats etc.
People need to get on. Pull your belts in a bit if you need to.

Reactions: 4
Also not to make light of what I know is a serious issue but I saw a LinkedIn post with the caption mummy I’m so cold in the house or something and the kid was wearing a T-shirt and some pyjama shorts? Put a jumper on it which I’m sure you have and kids leggings are like £3 from primark. Add some layers and a fleece!

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Also not to make light of what I know is a serious issue but I saw a LinkedIn post with the caption mummy I’m so cold in the house or something and the kid was wearing a T-shirt and some pyjama shorts? Put a jumper on it which I’m sure you have and kids leggings are like £3 from primark
Yep. Exactly.

Reactions: 3
There are teachers on TikTok dictating what gifts they'd rather recieve from their students and they say anything upto $25 (this seems to be mostly USA/Aus based)....I think this is obscence.

While I think teachers are criminally under valued and feel it's nice to give something small as a token, these TikTok teachers feeling entitled to gifts costing upto that much and slyly trying to say what they want (under the guise of helping people buy more original gifts than mugs/chocolate) rather than just let people choose themselves like you're supposed to because that's the entire point of gifts has me boggling.

Who brought up these people to be so entitled?

Reactions: 15
There are teachers on TikTok dictating what gifts they'd rather recieve from their students and they say anything upto $25 (this seems to be mostly USA/Aus based)....I think this is obscence.

While I think teachers are criminally under valued and feel it's nice to give something small as a token, these TikTok teachers feeling entitled to gifts costing upto that much and slyly trying to say what they want (under the guise of helping people buy more original gifts than mugs/chocolate) rather than just let people choose themselves like you're supposed to because that's the entire point of gifts has me boggling.

Who brought up these people to be so entitled?
The Left, that's who.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My parents always gave my teachers presents at school but I can imagine if they were asked to do so (by the teachers themselves no less!) there would be no way they would be giving anything

Reactions: 6
Influencers getting loads of Christmas stuff for free and not declaring any of it as #gifted.

• Heart
Influencer marketing in general is one of the more soul-destroying things to witness in society. It makes me feel ill.
I have always hated it, but in the current climate seeing influencers "unboxing" thousands and thousands of £ of gifts is just :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My kids school have put on the newsletter to not buy gifts and to donate to charity instead , I'm not complaining. I hate buying teachers gifts not because I think they don't deserve them but its just so awkward and pointless imo

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.