Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1796367.

All right just get on with it then, you don't have to write a paragraph
This gets on my nerves! I feel like commenting to everyone who posts these “Send a card to your relative/friend who may need that little bit of Christmas cheer right now, and make a small donation if it makes you feel better, no need to announce 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This gets on my nerves! I feel like commenting to everyone who posts these “Send a card to your relative/friend who may need that little bit of Christmas cheer right now, and make a small donation if it makes you feel better, no need to announce 🙄
Exactly! This woman is very attention seeking though. Always talking about her holidays, even when it's not relevant

Reactions: 6
This type of virtue signalling makes me cringe so much. That and patronising ppl imploring you to donate to charity or tip or buy gifts for the little people™️ in your life as if anyone who isn’t a bleep needs reminding?

Ngl some of the more Mumsnet threads on here have had a bit of this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Body spray, being a lot cheaper than perfume, is usually less strong so it can be used more liberally. That’s basically it. I find it more weird to be an adult saying “Ew I don’t use perfume I only use body spray” (like it’s some kind of flex or virtuous thing) than buying a bottle of perfume for a kid! My daughter used to love trawling the Debenhams perfume section choosing which tester she was going to try. What’s the harm?
It's an utterly bizarre complaint.

My mum always let me try the purfume samples when we'd shop in places like Debenhams or Boots when I was little. I assumed that was normal?

Reactions: 3
My child noticed me wrapping presents in the same paper Santa used! What shall I tell them to keep the magic alive???

How hard is it to buy a different roll of paper that you keep hidden and just wrap Santa presents in?? Do people not have any common sense at all? Or are they making tit like this up so they have something to post and get some attention?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My child noticed me wrapping presents in the same paper Santa used! What shall I tell them to keep the magic alive???

How hard is it to buy a different roll of paper that you keep hidden and just wrap Santa presents in?? Do people not have any common sense at all? Or are they making tit like this up so they have something to post and get some attention?
The other thing is the confusion over which presents Santa gives. Some families apparently say that the tree presents are Santa as well? I think I’ve slipped up in real life with that with some toddler haha 🧑‍🎄

Anyone else feel absolutely shafted when they get their niece and nephew really cool gifts & then the parents / grandparents spout ohh whats Santa left at Aunty Merlots for you??

Erm no you fucks! Aunty bleeping Merlot is freezing her tits off & about 6 bottles of merlot shy from buying you little sods tit. Santa's left duck all. Amex have sponsored your Xmas list.
And I'm livid.

Bah humbug.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Anyone else feel absolutely shafted when they get their niece and nephew really cool gifts & then the parents / grandparents spout ohh whats Santa left at Aunty Merlots for you??

Erm no you fucks! Aunty bleeping Merlot is freezing her tits off & about 6 bottles of merlot shy from buying you little sods tit. Santa's left duck all. Amex have sponsored your Xmas list.
And I'm livid.

Bah humbug.
That winds me up as a parent too! My in laws said to my first child that Santa had left presents for her at their house - I was very clear and said “No, Santa only leaves presents at home for little BonBon, the presents here you’ve kindly bought her”. Since when does Santa leave presents at multiple houses for every kid?!? Get to duck.

Reactions: 16

And I'm livid.

Bah humbug.
Yes. I hosted Christmas one year and was told in no uncertain terms that ALL presents for the kids are from Santa. We'd bought them really personal gifts like we always do, and tbh now we just send a family gift card.
I expect the 3 days of food and drink came from Santa too 🙄

Reactions: 5
The cooking chicken in the kettle thing is beyond words. You have to be so careful with how you prepare and cook meat. The thought of how many brainless idiots out there might copy this is ugh.
Have you ever seen prison cooking TikToks, they do be making whole meals curry’s and all in their cells with a kettle and a homemade griddle 😂😂 fascinating, but needs must 😂😂.

the one above is bloody ridiculous though, just get a bloody takeaway.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
People gushing over their "love stories" that are actually quite creepy/unpleasant: "I was 16, he was 43 and I babysat his children", "we moved in together a week after my husband died"

• Haha
Reactions: 17
When people put a status and tag everyone who is there except kids or people who don't have Facebook so they will just add their name at the end of the sentence e.g
"had a great day at the Christmas market and Jack" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People gushing over their "love stories" that are actually quite creepy/unpleasant: "I was 16, he was 43 and I babysat his children", "we moved in together a week after my husband died"
every time I have seen Love Actually this is exactly what I think of that weird Keira Knightly storyline

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
You should answer…
“Awww, it sounds so romantic and lovely. Just like Joseph Fritzl”

• Haha
The how many calories in your Christmas Dinner posts are starting to appear.
Why can’t people just be allowed to enjoy their dinner? It’s the same at Easter with how much sugar is in a creme egg.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.