Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg yes!! You’ve perfectly articulated a feeling I didn’t know I had and I think it’s why I don’t watch many series it’s overwhelming the amount of content that’s put out there and the FOMO marketing of each series launch is so overwhelming!
Ugh and the memes and all the brands using memes (When you’re waiting for your Boohoo order with a picture of some impatient White Lotus characters). By the time it gets to that stage it’s always overkill, surely social media marketers for brands are social media savvy? :)

There are so many things that I’ve refused to watch because the hype was unbearable. I’ve only just watched Elf for the first time 🤣
I put in the Christmas thread I’ve still never seen Elf. The reactions were appalled 😂
A lot of ‘classic’ Christmas movies seem to be for small children, don’t get all the insta stories of ‘settling down for Baileys hot chocolate and Polar Express’ (never seen that either)

Reactions: 7
I’ll be the odd one out I love Elf and other Christmas films while wrapping or drinking warm drinks in this freezing weather! No kids to blame either …..maybe I need to be on the Christmas thread 😂🙈 There is an element of nostalgia for me with Christmas films.

Reactions: 4
I’ll be the odd one out I love Elf and other Christmas films while wrapping or drinking warm drinks in this freezing weather! No kids to blame either …..maybe I need to be on the Christmas thread 😂🙈 There is an element of nostalgia for me with Christmas films.
Yeah grown up ones like Love Actually, not kids cartoons 😂

I’ve not watched GoT. Stranger Things. Squid Game. Or Elf
I watched avatar for the first time over the weekend. Meh. That’s all
I did watch Wednesday. I liked it but ffs. The dance is everywhere. With the wrong bloody music

I’m the same with Game Of Thrones, Squid Game and Peaky Blinders. I’ll probably be really late to the party for all of those things when everyone else has forgotten about them 🤣
Refuse to watch Peaky Blinders because of all the hun quote posts (especially when my brother is sharing them, I cringe hard)

• Haha
I’m a big fan of Christmas movies but don’t really like Elf - I also mentioned this recently to a bunch of people and they were so shocked like it was the best film ever. It’s not. Glad we’re mostly all on the same page here!

Ugh and the memes and all the brands using memes (When you’re waiting for your Boohoo order with a picture of some impatient White Lotus characters). By the time it gets to that stage it’s always overkill, surely social media marketers for brands are social media savvy? :)

I put in the Christmas thread I’ve still never seen Elf. The reactions were appalled 😂
A lot of ‘classic’ Christmas movies seem to be for small children, don’t get all the insta stories of ‘settling down for Baileys hot chocolate and Polar Express’ (never seen that either)
I get that kids Xmas films have that nostalgia and I LOVE Home Alone etc but Polar Express is bloody nightmare fuel 😱

Reactions: 6
All the posts, memes about White Lotus. I'm sure it's great, only watched 1 episode of the first season. But oh my god it's EVERYWHERE and CONSTANT. That's the thing about social media, everything gets rammed down your throat so much you get sick of it.
Aw I love the white lotus but didn't realise how popular it was , I got told about it from my mother in law who usually recommends obscure stuff no one watches 🤣

Reactions: 1
Women draped in those stupid colour chart things. They look the same in every picture. "Ooh you're definitely a warm Autumn, hun" 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
One thing that really annoys me is when people put their kid's names in their Facebook name. A family member of mine does it and it's so cringe. Also, works at: mummy to Kaiden 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Anyone that refers to themselves as “Princess”

•]••´º´•» 🎀 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒯𝒾𝒶𝓃𝒶 𝐿𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽 🎀 »•´º´••]•

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
One thing that really annoys me is when people put their kid's names in their Facebook name. A family member of mine does it and it's so cringe. Also, works at: mummy to Kaiden 🙄
Has their whole kids name including middle and last and their date of birth in the bio. 🙄

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.