Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you!! Despite the fact that I am working on losing weight, I find the subject absolutely aggressive. Even here on the WIEIAD or weight loss topics, the talk usually circles around shaming oneself for having "a bad day" or "cheating" or "exercising it off"... It's awful and I've started to avoid all 'healthy life' talk because a lot of people can't seem to mention a full meal that isn't *insert diet name* without trying to have a valid excuse about it. I don't want to corner myself into finding a good reason to eat something other than 100% healthy or remind myaelf that I'll have to compensate my food later on. Hateful thing.
It’s such a massive money making business these days that the amount of people talking about it is insane. And most people totally contradict each other! It’s so hard to just find a sensible way of life that suits the individual when so much of this is rammed down our throats every moment of the day 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you!! Despite the fact that I am working on losing weight, I find the subject absolutely aggressive. Even here on the WIEIAD or weight loss topics, the talk usually circles around shaming oneself for having "a bad day" or "cheating" or "exercising it off"... It's awful and I've started to avoid all 'healthy life' talk because a lot of people can't seem to mention a full meal that isn't *insert diet name* without trying to have a valid excuse about it. I don't want to corner myself into finding a good reason to eat something other than 100% healthy or remind myaelf that I'll have to compensate my food later on. Hateful thing.
Diet culture is absolutely toxic. Hearing the same tit here as well about “being good” and “back on plan” and I just think “oh duck off”

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Diet culture is absolutely toxic. Hearing the same tit here as well about “being good” and “back on plan” and I just think “oh duck off”
It is toxic and also very lucrative. Meal plans, dvds, exercise apps and so on. I asked my GP once, what’s the best plan to lose weight. They said ‘eat less, move more’. But never cut out bad things completely as you’ll crave them. Simple as that.

Reactions: 21
I just eat healthy most days. To be honest my body has always been hyper sensitive to bad unhealthy food. Health is wealth, we are what we eat and all that lol.

Reactions: 3
All the stupid fads like Dry January. What sheep must people be to jump on it every year but never actually change in the long run yet never figure out what a waste of time it all is.
It amazes me the amount of people that complete it and act like its something monumental ?
To me it just says they've a big problem with alcohol if they think that's something to be proud of, not drinking alcohol for 4 weeks?

Reactions: 20
It amazes me the amount of people that complete it and act like its something monumental ?
To me it just says they've a big problem with alcohol if they think that's something to be proud of, not drinking alcohol for 4 weeks?
Im doing it because I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and had to start taking tablets. My diet is veggie and I eat fairly healthily. The Dr says it’s most likely genetic (cheers Dad, Mum, Grandma)
It’s a way to get my cholesterol down to an acceptable level after the above normal amount I drank at Xmas.

I am trying to lose weight now that Christmas is over with but I’m not plastering it all over social media. I was going to do it before but didn’t want to spend Christmas miserable and obsessing over it.
I was diagnosed with high BP late last year, hoping that being a bit healthier will help get it down and get me off the meds.

Reactions: 7
I am trying to lose weight now that Christmas is over with but I’m not plastering it all over social media. I was going to do it before but didn’t want to spend Christmas miserable and obsessing over it.
I was diagnosed with high BP late last year, hoping that being a bit healthier will help get it down and get me off the meds.
I’ve not put it on FB either. Last time I cut out the alcohol/chocolate/crisps/things with red dietary advice on the packet, I lost over a stone.
I hope your cutting back goes well 👍🏻

Last edited:
I’ve not put it on FB either. Last time I cut out the alcohol/chocolate/crisps/things with red dietary advice on the packet, I lost over a stone.
I hope your chatting back goes well 👍🏻
Thank you, i hope you get on well too. See no fads, just cutting back.

Reactions: 2
It is toxic and also very lucrative. Meal plans, dvds, exercise apps and so on. I asked my GP once, what’s the best plan to lose weight. They said ‘eat less, move more’. But never cut out bad things completely as you’ll crave them. Simple as that.
You've reminded me of a weight-loss "scam" many years ago in the UK. A guy was advertising in the back of newspapers a guaranteed way to lose weight. When you sent him your money he returned an envelope with a slip of paper inside. It said "Eat less food. Exercise more. If I remember correctly (and someone may have a better recollection than me) he could not be prosecuted because it WAS a guaranteed weight-loss plan. I'm also reminded of the old saying, "I'd do anything to have a body like that. Except diet and exercise."

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I usually do dry jan, but what annoys me is people asking to be sponsored for it! Why on earth should I give you money to not drink alcohol for a month?

Reactions: 17
Why is it the people who post constant streams of selfies morning noon and night are the same people who really shouldn't be subjecting others to regular images of themselves?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I live in a small town, there’s a woman who does a lot for the community but it’s constantly plastered all over the local groups, I think she really thrives off the hundreds of likes she gets for doing nice things. She collected bits to make a nice gift for the person who was hit by the car but I’ve seen about four posts from her now about it, each with hundreds of likes, I genuinely think it validates her.

It’s nonstop, all year round, doing good, bringing in the Facebook likes. I know it’s nice to do nice things but I find it quite sad she needs to post about it all the time to let people know what a nice person she is. Like the people who film themselves giving a homeless person a sandwich.

I feel like an hole for rolling my eyes at her but every time I see her name I think “oh what now 🙄

**Edited to remove a few bits that could make the town identifiable 😳

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I hope your cutting back goes well 👍🏻
What do you mean by things with red dietry advice on the packets? Just curious as I'm also on bandwagon of cutting out crap 😆

PS , sorry everyone else I won't derail it into diet chat

Reactions: 2
I usually do dry jan, but what annoys me is people asking to be sponsored for it! Why on earth should I give you money to not drink alcohol for a month?
duck off you can be sponsored for it? Might consider it next year then 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
duck off you can be sponsored for it? Might consider it next year then 😂😂
I wouldn’t do it even if someone paid me 🤣

Fridays with no Prosecco? Why would I 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I wouldn’t do it even if someone paid me 🤣

Fridays with no Prosecco? Why would I 🤣
Yeah to be fair I’ve never lasted the month, even when I didn’t drink. Being told I can’t do something makes me do it more. I think January is depressing enough, so i enjoy drinking through it

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.