Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live in a small town, there’s a woman who does a lot for the community but it’s constantly plastered all over the local groups, I think she really thrives off the hundreds of likes she gets for doing nice things. She collected bits to make a nice gift for the person who was hit by the car but I’ve seen about four posts from her now about it, each with hundreds of likes, I genuinely think it validates her.

It’s nonstop, all year round, doing good, bringing in the Facebook likes. I know it’s nice to do nice things but I find it quite sad she needs to post about it all the time to let people know what a nice person she is. Like the people who film themselves giving a homeless person a sandwich.

I feel like an hole for rolling my eyes at her but every time I see her name I think “oh what now 🙄

**Edited to remove a few bits that could make the town identifiable 😳
Hooked on the link
What do you mean by things with red dietry advice on the packets? Just curious as I'm also on bandwagon of cutting out crap 😆

PS , sorry everyone else I won't derail it into diet chat
[/QUOTE
What do you mean by things with red dietry advice on the packets? Just curious as I'm also on bandwagon of cutting out crap 😆

PS , sorry everyone else I won't derail it into diet chat
These things. I won’t eat anything that has red on it if I’m cutting down
B327A57E-19CF-4A34-AA2D-77835AC8703B.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I usually do dry jan, but what annoys me is people asking to be sponsored for it! Why on earth should I give you money to not drink alcohol for a month?
I don't see why you can't donate the money you've saved.

Reactions: 2
Im doing it because I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and had to start taking tablets. My diet is veggie and I eat fairly healthily. The Dr says it’s most likely genetic (cheers Dad, Mum, Grandma)
It’s a way to get my cholesterol down to an acceptable level after the above normal amount I drank at Xmas.
My Mam was on the verge of non alcoholic fatty liver disease and cut alcohol and sugar and has managed to get her levels down to normal so it does work.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't see why you can't donate the money you've saved.
Exactly, I feel the same about sponsored things like climbing kilamanjaro, it is something they want to do as a holiday

Reactions: 5
People posting Instagram posts that make it look like they’ve been papped for the Next catalogue in a coffee shop door way. You’d think one would be enough but it’s always a 10 post photoshoot.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People posting Instagram posts that make it look like they’ve been papped for the Next catalogue in a coffee shop door way. You’d think one would be enough but it’s always a 10 post photoshoot.
Same with holiday photos. It’s always the same over posed crap.

Reactions: 6
The amount of mlm people I get on Facebook especially at this time of year is astounding and how there is suddenly so many 'health coaches,' about. I don't have many people on SW or Ww on my Facebook but I have one person I went to school with
doing Arbonne and Juice Plus and she was always recruiting and posting about her meal plans , and the awful looking shakes.

Her food that's 'on plan,' looks horrible and just so dry. And she does the constant posts such as reply with an emoji to let her know what type of morning you're having that day or that's she's gone to the gym. It's honestly a bit cringe especially as there's a tiktok of her lipsyning to Queens 'Dont stop me now,' while showing off her shakes and powders.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People sharing screenshots from that “Sober” app with their “sober streak” saying “X days alcohol free”. My reaction is always “Damn, I didn’t know you had a drinking problem!” but invariably these people don’t have a drinking problem, they’ve just decided to reevaluate their relationship with booze and make some changes. That’s great, but do they really need to cosplay alcoholism to do it?

I mean I get it. It’s easy to fall into drinking a little too much, too often, because life is stressful and tit. It’s great to make changes once you notice that happening. Totally get that. It’s the smugness and downloading an app and wanting applause and social media clout that gets me.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I just found a screenshot of a post in my gallery. I remember seeing it a lot back in February. It's enraged me all over again.
It was the post about a mother (?) in Morrison's and her 11 year old daughter phones her and is scared about the Ukrainian war.
The mother then explains it to her, but compares it to a playground fight!
It would be ok if the child was 4. But she was 11! Probably in secondary school, or starting it that year.
It really annoyed me and I saw it a lot when the invasion first started.
Someone must know which post I'm talking about? 😂

Reactions: 5
People sharing screenshots from that “Sober” app with their “sober streak” saying “X days alcohol free”. My reaction is always “Damn, I didn’t know you had a drinking problem!” but invariably these people don’t have a drinking problem, they’ve just decided to reevaluate their relationship with booze and make some changes. That’s great, but do they really need to cosplay alcoholism to do it?

I mean I get it. It’s easy to fall into drinking a little too much, too often, because life is stressful and tit. It’s great to make changes once you notice that happening. Totally get that. It’s the smugness and downloading an app and wanting applause and social media clout that gets me.
I love habit tracking so know that literally all of them have a) inbuilt social functionality to share with friends in app eg the only ones who care b) streaks/milestone achievements, again to share with ppl who care and c) challenges… again to compete against the only people that care!

It makes me cringe when ppl share it on normal social media but ppl share far too much cos they want to brag. Like even if you’re physically dependent on alcohol (which these ppl aren’t) it should only be your closest circle who are privy to your progress.

I just found a screenshot of a post in my gallery. I remember seeing it a lot back in February. It's enraged me all over again.
It was the post about a mother (?) in Morrison's and her 11 year old daughter phones her and is scared about the Ukrainian war.
The mother then explains it to her, but compares it to a playground fight!
It would be ok if the child was 4. But she was 11! Probably in secondary school, or starting it that year.
It really annoyed me and I saw it a lot when the invasion first started.
Someone must know which post I'm talking about? 😂
Oh I remember, I saw it shared on Facebook

The amount of mlm people I get on Facebook especially at this time of year is astounding and how there is suddenly so many 'health coaches,' about. I don't have many people on SW or Ww on my Facebook but I have one person I went to school with
doing Arbonne and Juice Plus and she was always recruiting and posting about her meal plans , and the awful looking shakes.

Her food that's 'on plan,' looks horrible and just so dry. And she does the constant posts such as reply with an emoji to let her know what type of morning you're having that day or that's she's gone to the gym. It's honestly a bit cringe especially as there's a tiktok of her lipsyning to Queens 'Dont stop me now,' while showing off her shakes and powders.
I agree 💯💯 its such a shame that the vulnerable people throw their money at them and they are quite happy to take it and make a profit yet don't declare it.

Facebook is rife for it, they will DM people to try and get them involved or when people comment on their pictures asking for prices its the same response 'DM me hun' 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.