Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
that butter board thing was just :sick: has no one learned anything about hygiene after what we have been through?
Just the words "butter board" are wildly unappealing on their own; the food practice itself is heinous!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Lots of people with 'sober living' or 'sober' in their bios, or people who refer to 'sober parenting'. Total respect for anyone doing that, or quitting drinking, but it has become a bit of a catch all for people who just happen to not drink. If you don't like/enjoy/ever drink alcohol for any reason other than an addiction, is it such a big deal to be 'sober living'? I wouldn't think it was a big enough part of my personality to share it, and it comes across a bit dramatic. I see it SO often now, all these people can't be in recovery? I wonder if people quit drinking alcohol for a good reason, but it is an easy choice for them, then they put it out there for praise, when it's no different and no more difficult for them than for example someone being caffeine free?

Reactions: 12
Lots of people with 'sober living' or 'sober' in their bios, or people who refer to 'sober parenting'. Total respect for anyone doing that, or quitting drinking, but it has become a bit of a catch all for people who just happen to not drink. If you don't like/enjoy/ever drink alcohol for any reason other than an addiction, is it such a big deal to be 'sober living'? I wouldn't think it was a big enough part of my personality to share it, and it comes across a bit dramatic. I see it SO often now, all these people can't be in recovery? I wonder if people quit drinking alcohol for a good reason, but it is an easy choice for them, then they put it out there for praise, when it's no different and no more difficult for them than for example someone being caffeine free?
"sober parenting" is ridiculous, are most people drinking alcohol while they take care of their children :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
"sober parenting" is ridiculous, are most people drinking alcohol while they take care of their children :ROFLMAO:
I don’t disagree with it being cringe when ppl make sobriety a core characteristic but I think this is push back on the wine mum archetype/trope. SO much parenting content online inevitably mentions alcohol and it can be quite othering as a sober or abstinent or whatever you wanna define it as person. But I think the wine mum thing happens cos ppl don’t have anything to say or a sense of humour so substitute that, and the same could be said for sober mum content 😬

Reactions: 7
I don’t disagree with it being cringe when ppl make sobriety a core characteristic but I think this is push back on the wine mum archetype/trope. SO much parenting content online inevitably mentions alcohol and it can be quite othering as a sober or abstinent or whatever you wanna define it as person. But I think the wine mum thing happens cos ppl don’t have anything to say or a sense of humour so substitute that, and the same could be said for sober mum content 😬
True, I hadn't thought of it from this perspective, but the whole glamorising of alcohol is not at all positive either, so many bday cards etc basically promoting problematic drinking are awful

Reactions: 10
That’s such a good point!

A bit like the rise of ‘scummy mummies’ to counteract ‘little miss perfect parenting’. It always just goes a step too far to seem sincere.

True, I hadn't thought of it from this perspective, but the whole glamorising of alcohol is not at all positive either, so many bday cards etc basically promoting problematic drinking are awful
Yes all the ‘gin o’clock’ ‘mummy needs wine’ type of product, equally cringe worthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is so true about cards - not really on topic but my uncle is an alcoholic and I really struggle with “uncle” birthday cards for him, he doesn’t like sport so it’s either cards with alcohol on which are obviously a no or really childish ones either animated animals. I usually just get a generic happy birthday one and feel bad for not getting an “uncle” one.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I find it the same with the memes etc that basically say things like 'no new year new me I'll still be drinking every day, being fat and not exercising" ehh well done I guess?

Both extremes are basically annoying on social media 😅

This is so true about cards - not really on topic but my uncle is an alcoholic and I really struggle with “uncle” birthday cards for him, he doesn’t like sport so it’s either cards with alcohol on which are obviously a no or really childish ones either animated animals. I usually just get a generic happy birthday one and feel bad for not getting an “uncle” one.
If you have a card factory near you they sell Uncle stickers that you can put on any card

Reactions: 9
I find it the same with the memes etc that basically say things like 'no new year new me I'll still be drinking every day, being fat and not exercising" ehh well done I guess?

Both extremes are basically annoying on social media 😅
very true, there are basically two extremes and nothing in the middle it seems now either sober/superhealthy or glamorising an unhealthy life and no care about it

The word reset
Cleaning your boring neutral living room on an evening is not a “reset”
Cleaning your fridge is not a “reset” yes, you Stacey Solomon !
Cleaning your bathroom is not a “reset”
Stop trying to name every day things like you’ve just invented it

Reactions: 20
The word reset
Cleaning your boring neutral living room on an evening is not a “reset”
Cleaning your fridge is not a “reset” yes, you Stacey Solomon !
Cleaning your bathroom is not a “reset”
Stop trying to name every day things like you’ve just invented it
I had come on to post this! It’s beyond annoying.

Also, ‘what is going on in the house of commons’ being used all the time. It’s bleeping annoying.

Ps, LOVE your username 🤘

Reactions: 2
I had come on to post this! It’s beyond annoying.

Also, ‘what is going on in the house of commons’ being used all the time. It’s bleeping annoying.

Ps, LOVE your username 🤘
Thank you. I love them too. Wish they would get on with releasing their new album !

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Mentalists on FB who post cryptic 'Pissed off' or somesuch random couple of words.....

but more, the nutters who comment 'Whats wrong luv' or 'You OK, hun'

Just duck off. Its normally some tit family drama from their abnormally dysfunctional clan that should be kept 'in the family'
‘Pm me hun’ 🙄

• Haha
Mentalists on FB who post cryptic 'Pissed off' or somesuch random couple of words.....

but more, the nutters who comment 'Whats wrong luv' or 'You OK, hun'

Just duck off. Its normally some tit family drama from their abnormally dysfunctional clan that should be kept 'in the family'
It’s usually followed up by a status like

“not dealing with hole men anymore. Just me and my kids from now”

3 weeks later…

*picture of them together*
“Ahh loves him”

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm enjoying reading all these annoyances on social media and was starting to think, wow my friends / aquaintences are all really quiet and not annoying, how good is that!

On further investigation it seems I have pretty much muted anyone that posts anything and now just see a stream of posts from niche groups I follow, such as "Weird Art found in Charity Shops" and a "Stoicism" group. I think I might have finally cracked social media!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.