Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some parents are running themselves ragged and spending waaaay over the odds to have perfect insta stories nowadays.
It’s always the people who share posts about not making poor kids feel bad at Xmas who go on to post mountains of presents and Xmas days out and whatever else is trendy with no sense of irony at all

• Heart
Reactions: 16
When you ask a question and person one suggests the most obvious thing and the second person hasn't bothered to read your question

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s always the people who share posts about not making poor kids feel bad at Xmas who go on to post mountains of presents and Xmas days out and whatever else is trendy with no sense of irony at all
I’ve noticed this too, the worst offender for the humble mum written word content is also by far the worst offender for oversharing about her kids and sharing present hauls - like I’ve never seen anyone share a table full of easter eggs before her? Not remotely into psychology but I wonder what it is, is it an addiction to sharing content/personal branding or does she do the words to absolve her of guilt for the bragging, like why?

Things like this. You just know the kids in these stories are not the ones really writing these notes and it's just incredibly suspicious that the parents always have to rush to social media rather than enjoy a nice family moment privately. It is absolute bollocks glurge of the worst kind. Who still falls for it?

Reactions: 19

Things like this. You just know the kids in these stories are not the ones really writing these notes and it's just incredibly suspicious that the parents always have to rush to social media rather than enjoy a nice family moment privately. It is absolute bollocks glurge of the worst kind. Who still falls for it?
As comments have pointed out from.the grammar and words like struggle it is so clear thus is not from a child. Whenever I see these it reminds me of the scene in About a Boy where the character pretending to have a son as a single dad says his toddler came up to him hugged him and said "hang in their daddy" to the shock of the rest of the parents 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why is this doing the rounds again? I’m not even sure it’s true. View attachment 1785097
My cousin posted this... Her son is autistic so I can see why she would. I get that these children do get left out, but I rarely see her, (or other parents of autistic kids posting about the good things about their children.) How amazing he is at drawing, a talent for computer programming, aptitude for maths. All I see is how he is being left out/let down by school/struggling with XYZ. I know these are important issues but I feel sad that he isn't being celebrated in the same way a NT child would be and wonder how he would feel knowing his struggles but not his achievements are being plastered all over Facebook.

Reactions: 12
As comments have pointed out from.the grammar and words like struggle it is so clear thus is not from a child. Whenever I see these it reminds me of the scene in About a Boy where the character pretending to have a son as a single dad says his toddler came up to him hugged him and said "hang in their daddy" to the shock of the rest of the parents 😄
I feel like the world is full of people like Marcuses Mum and Will right now and there’s no Marcus in the middle 😀

• Haha
I follow a youtube account called Fab and Ell, a really lovely couple. They had twin boys about 2 weeks ago,I must admit im fec up of the endless baby posts and baby talk. They are really monetising these babys,they have posted details of their email ,for businesses wanting to collaborate or gift baby items. I appreciate as first time parents they are excited,but this is more about monetising the babys while they are cute and people are still interested

Reactions: 5
2 family related things, one women praising their male partners for doing the bare minimum, i.e. "thansk to this amazing partner for looking after the children while I am in hospital with covid", what on earth would you expect them to do as their father?! and also parents (usually it is women) describing their babies/young children as their "bestie". so weird

Reactions: 22
Since when did kids start writing stuff like this? I'm sure there are some kind kids but we don't all need to hear about it.
And it's especially BS when 7 year olds has suddenly decided they want no toys...but the mum is wearing the latest fashion with regular lip fillers.
Bull tit.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Since when did kids start writing stuff like this? I'm sure there are some kind kids but we don't all need to hear about it.
And it's especially BS when 7 year olds has suddenly decided they want no toys...but the mum is wearing the latest fashion with regular lip fillers.
Bull tit.
and the pretence of posting it to ask about charities :rolleyes:

Reactions: 7
Bull tit.
I find it kinda weird an 11 year old would write a letter to father Christmas, is that not a bit old for it

Reactions: 16
2 family related things, one women praising their male partners for doing the bare minimum, i.e. "thansk to this amazing partner for looking after the children while I am in hospital with covid", what on earth would you expect them to do as their father?! and also parents (usually it is women) describing their babies/young children as their "bestie". so weird
This is so annoying! Women have set the bar so low for men that the smallest things they do seems praise worthy.

Saw a girl on instagram doing a q&a and they were asking about her relationship as fangirls do and they asked something about the bf can’t remember the wording

She was saying he listened to her when she was going on about her day, he supported her through her business, he buys her flowers messages through the day etc as if that wasnt bad enough she then had to say she ‘manifested’ him 🤢

Now to me, that is just the most BASIC thing a guy/girl can do in a relationship. My husband does that and he is great but I don’t go on about like he is some special kind of mythical creature.

I don’t know I just found it quite sad that she thought the most basic qualities in a man/relationship meant the world to her.

Reactions: 13
When you ask a question and person one suggests the most obvious thing and the second person hasn't bothered to read your question
Stuff like this drives me mad on travel pages and forums but where the replies are just not helpful.

People will post 'Hi! We're going to Bangkok in May for part of our honeymoon. We so excited to visit the city. We already have it booked and paid for. Looking for some romantic restaurant recommendations'

The first answer will be - 'Don't go in May, go in November'. The second answer will be 'I wouldn't bother going to Bangkok at all tbh'

😐😐

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Stuff like this drives me mad on travel pages and forums but where the replies are just not helpful.

People will post 'Hi! We're going to Bangkok in May for part of our honeymoon. We so excited to visit the city. We already have it booked and paid for. Looking for some romantic restaurant recommendations'

The first answer will be - 'Don't go in May, go in November'. The second answer will be 'I wouldn't bother going to Bangkok at all tbh'

😐😐
or even more ridiculous "I've never been, have a great time though"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes. Thats the third!
Another thing that gets right up my hoop is when something major happens on a road/city etc. with police asking for info. And you get folk saying “omg I drove past there 5wks ago”. Well done Barbara. But the police were looking for witnesses, not a travel itinerary

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Another thing that gets right up my hoop is when something major happens on a road/city etc. with police asking for info. And you get folk saying “omg I drove past there 5wks ago”. Well done Barbara. But the police were looking for witnesses, not a travel itinerary
"that could have been me ig the event had happened 5 weeks before at a completely different time of day!"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.