Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just got back from a weekend in Paris where I must have witnessed every Insta-cliché going. The one where they look back over their shoulder and reach out to the person taking the picture. The one where they casually recline in front of a famous monument and toss their hair. The one where they pretend to be pinching the tip of the pyramid at the Louvre/top of the eiffel tower. Pretending to open the door to a famous a shop (even though the shop is obviously closed) The one where they look wistfully into the distance. There was even a couple at the bottom of the eiffel tower filming a reel where they were on a rotating platform, dancing, kissing, playing to the camera!

Whatever happened to just taking a photo of the scene?! If I do have to be in a photo it's either a very unflattering selfie or a very self conscious, arms by the side, awkward shot🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I've just got back from a weekend in Paris where I must have witnessed every Insta-cliché going. The one where they look back over their shoulder and reach out to the person taking the picture. The one where they casually recline in front of a famous monument and toss their hair. The one where they pretend to be pinching the tip of the pyramid at the Louvre/top of the eiffel tower. Pretending to open the door to a famous a shop (even though the shop is obviously closed) The one where they look wistfully into the distance. There was even a couple at the bottom of the eiffel tower filming a reel where they were on a rotating platform, dancing, kissing, playing to the camera!

Whatever happened to just taking a photo of the scene?! If I do have to be in a photo it's either a very unflattering selfie or a very self conscious, arms by the side, awkward shot🤣
I think my pet hate is that "pinching the louve" type photo, why does everyone want the same photos?!

Reactions: 5
The “pushing the Leaning Tower of Pisa” one is by far the worst.

Reactions: 12
I don’t know if this is a post pandemic thing or an influencer hun induced thing but increasingly seeing independent/boutique/~aesthetic~ hotels in or near major cities are mandating longer bookings now??? Can’t help but wonder if it’s cos of Insta huns booking single nights for photoshoots? But seriously annoying when you just want somewhere for 1/2 nights for a wedding!

Reactions: 1
People announcing they're going through their friends list (or have gone through it) and deleted people

Reactions: 21
All the thank god the summer holidays are over posts.

Am I the only one that mostly enjoys them?! Lazy mornings, no stress of getting everyone up, out and presentable at 8am. Packed lunches. School run. Navigating the mum mafia. Always rains on the school run too!

Reactions: 12
The stories about people complaining because someone wouldn't change plane seats. The plane seats they sometimes paid for.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The stories about people complaining because someone wouldn't change plane seats. The plane seats they sometimes paid for.
Exactly, as someone single and without children (not by choice) I am getting sick of accommodating other people and their children.
someone I follow on social media recently posted about a flight in which she was next to 2 young children, their dad who was accompanying them had chosen a different row so he could sleep. That is something to complain about

Exactly, as someone single and without children (not by choice) I am getting sick of accommodating other people and their children.
someone I follow on social media recently posted about a flight in which she was next to 2 young children, their dad who was accompanying them had chosen a different row so he could sleep. That is something to complain about

Reactions: 10
- People who share Facebook memories. No one cared the first time
- Likewise, reposts of stories
- Stories on insta which have no caption or context, you’re basically just showing the world your private photo album
- A million drunk stories of bongo bingo dancing/shouting/celebrating

Reactions: 14
‘Spoopy season’ posts I mean calling it Spooky season is bad enough but spoopy tips me over the edge.

Reactions: 5
All the basic witch ‘autumn is here’ posts and getting ready for the PSL photos

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've just watched a moving blog on YouTube, someone called Lorraine Dewhurst, my god this woman shouldn't be left unsupervised. I'm not sure if it's her decanting laundry products into unlabelled jars, and fabric conditioner looking like a bottle of milk. Just generally clueless about every day things, this is a woman in her 20s who's lived at home with her parents and clearly had everything done for her, until moving into this house. Even her tidying and cleaning is so chaotic. She whines like a toddler. She's the example I'd use to show my teen relatives, not to behave.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.