Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate this! So corny.

I also hate the clichéd photos you get in every wedding photo package:

1. The bride’s dress hanging up in a doorframe

2. The bride getting her makeup caked on, wearing a fluffy robe with “Mrs-to-be” on it, clutching a glass of Prosecco.

3. A close-up of the rings.

4. “The lads” doing something zany like carrying the groom lying down.

5. Some little bridesmaid or pageboy brat doing something irritating.
The brides shoes artfully arranged.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I hate this! So corny.

I also hate the clichéd photos you get in every wedding photo package:

1. The bride’s dress hanging up in a doorframe

2. The bride getting her makeup caked on, wearing a fluffy robe with “Mrs-to-be” on it, clutching a glass of Prosecco.

3. A close-up of the rings.

4. “The lads” doing something zany like carrying the groom lying down.

5. Some little bridesmaid or pageboy brat doing something irritating.
The bride’s face reflected in a mirror, usually looking very thoughtful and anticipatory.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The bride’s face reflected in a mirror, usually looking very thoughtful and anticipatory.
Omg my photographer made me do this pose (my excuse is I was young and nervous and just did what I was told). Even while I was doing it I said I wasn't comfortable but he pushed and pushed. He said they would end up being my favourite photos. They absolutely did not. I think I hate them even more now. I just look so uncomfortable 😆

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Local village Facebook pages- with always the same sort of rant and replies E.g.

“To the person who has littered and left their plastic bottle on the field etc etc”

followed by lots of replies agreeing how terrible it is and blaming all the new houses going up bringing in new families.

And lots of comments about how the village isn’t what it use to be.

and then that one person who says maybe someone didn’t mean to litter and hadn’t realised they had left the bottle behind- who then receives a direct reply calling them a snowflake for saying that and that people like them are the reason this county isn’t great anymore.

it’s all reverting stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
People making a home account for their overpriced new build… nobody gives a duck. Nobody cares. Everyone’s new build looks exactly the same inside, came colour schemes. B O R I N G

I’m glad I found this thread, days were simpler when social media didn’t exist! Bebo wasn’t half as bad as Facebook

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I also hate when people, immediately after the ceremony, go on Facebook and update they are now 'Mr and Mrs X" like is a Facebook update really a priority right then?!
I know someone who did that. Literally posted a photo of herself in the dress but not with her husband just her and the kids and wrote oh thats me I'm a married woman now...em is it not supposed to be "we" are married now. Literally just a box ticking exercise the entire thing and for SM.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I know someone who did that. Literally posted a photo of herself in the dress but not with her husband just her and the kids and wrote oh thats me I'm a married woman now...em is it not supposed to be "we" are married now. Literally just a box ticking exercise the entire thing and for SM.
Maybe her husband refused to be a part of that post which would be fair 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So far literally every wedding cringe/photo that I had has been mentioned 😆. Facebook post - check, mirror reflection - check, shoe shot - oh yes! Groom doing something silly with groomsmen- yep. Weirdly we also asked for none of the above and wanted more reportage shots. This was in 2009 though! So it was totally new then, right?! 👀. Anyway, it's long enough ago for us to be divorced now. If I ever marry again I won't be doing any of the above!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People making a home account for their overpriced new build… nobody gives a duck. Nobody cares. Everyone’s new build looks exactly the same inside, came colour schemes. B O R I N G

I’m glad I found this thread, days were simpler when social media didn’t exist! Bebo wasn’t half as bad as Facebook
I was discussing this with my husband the other day. When you watch youtube videos, you can't deny all homes look the same; pinterest inspiration. People has lost their uniqueness when it comes to make your house a home. Seems that almost everyone wants a hotel or a magazine style house. Don't get me wrong, I love a good looking house, but it is sad that everyone is making a copy paste.

• Heart
I was discussing this with my husband the other day. When you watch youtube videos, you can't deny all homes look the same; pinterest inspiration. People has lost their uniqueness when it comes to make your house a home. Seems that almost everyone wants a hotel or a magazine style house. Don't get me wrong, I love a good looking house, but it is sad that everyone is making a copy paste.
Yes, its either that or else there nothing in it. A bare room with a sofa and a wall picture

The brides shoes artfully arranged.
I didn't want my wedding shoes photographed because they weren't anything special because my dress was long enough to cover them completely. To be fair, I didn't communicate this with my photographer because I though it would be obvious enough since they weren't gorgeous designer shoes or anything. Well guess what, he managed to do the cliché photo with the rings and bouquet anyway lol. It came out nice, but it also looked so generic. I didn't post the photo to social media 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Years ago someone at my work got married, my friend and I had a snoop on her wedding photographers website, it was back when Facebook was just a twinkle in Mark Zuckerberg ‘s eye. Being a poser, she had all of the above mentioned photos plus one horror still sticks in my brain of her on a staircase and the photographer was above her so you basically got a birds eye view of her cleavage. It was like a boudoir photoshoot.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My friends daughter turns 13 in soon so to celebrate, she’s doing a 13 day countdown on fb with a different photo and pre-birthday message to her daughter each day 😶
My friend just turned 40 and his wife did a 40 day countdown with an amusing fact about him every day. To be fair, some of them were hilarious, but the majority were just scraping the barrel!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

Always the same grey walls, crushed velvet bed and live laugh love stickers on the walls. It's boring.
I don't mind home accounts for different-looking houses with interesting decor but the b&m home bargains style is really boring and looks naff.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I've just been scrolling through Facebook and seen a post from a friend showing pictures of what feels like day 156 of the summer holidays and what her little cherubs have been up to. Right below it was a button... “do you want to see more or less of this on your feed? " *clicks less*.

I think even Facebook is sick of seeing these posts!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
That one friend that posts nothing but things about her child.
I feel so bad for the kids though, most children are going to grow up now and have an excessive amount of photos/videos of themselves online forever that their parents posted without their consent

• Heart
Reactions: 14
"I've just spat my coffee out! 🤣🤣"
1. No, you didn't.
2. That's gross.

Reactions: 10
I feel so bad for the kids though, most children are going to grow up now and have an excessive amount of photos/videos of themselves online forever that their parents posted without their consent
I think parents genuinely don't realise how much they are putting out there when they post online. I've said this before but I unfollowed a lot of friends a while back as I felt like I knew their kids better that I knew their parents. It feels wrong to know all kinds of personal details like how little Emily has anxiety and is struggling at school and how little Johnny has had the shits for a week when I only know their parents because we went to school together 30 years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That couple I’m sure we’ve all got at least one. Who have every conversation via Facebook status.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.