Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who post captions when they're on holiday and say things like "Italy, you were amazing". Sorry I know lots of people do it, but to me it looks silly unless you're a musician headlining a tour or an athlete playing a match in that country because chances are, they are directing the comment to their legions of fans in that area.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My friends daughter turns 13 in soon so to celebrate, she’s doing a 13 day countdown on fb with a different photo and pre-birthday message to her daughter each day 😶

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
When a couple have a baby and they upload a photo of the dad walking down the hospital corridor holding the baby in a car seat.

I don’t hate kids or anything but it annoys me seeing every couple do the same photo 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
My friends daughter turns 13 in soon so to celebrate, she’s doing a 13 day countdown on fb with a different photo and pre-birthday message to her daughter each day 😶
I saw a 40 days of 40 😖 and each one was SO boring

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've only noticed this the past few weeks but it's probs been going on forever but influencers selling GIFTED items on vinted 😲 I mean we all know they get them for free then also probably get paid for advertising them then have the absolute cheek to sell them on!! Pure greed I've unfollowed half a dozen plus size influencers the past week for doing it.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I've only noticed this the past few weeks but it's probs been going on forever but influencers selling GIFTED items on vinted 😲 I mean we all know they get them for free then also probably get paid for advertising them then have the absolute cheek to sell them on!! Pure greed I've unfollowed half a dozen plus size influencers the past week for doing it.
Like e.g grace Beverley, she's a millionaire but is not embarrassed to sell things like dirty old trainers that 'just need a bit of a clean' on her depop for like 50 quid 🤣 just give it to charity you moron

• Wow
Reactions: 3
When a couple have a baby and they upload a photo of the dad walking down the hospital corridor holding the baby in a car seat.

I don’t hate kids or anything but it annoys me seeing every couple do the same photo 😂
I hate this! So corny.

I also hate the clichéd photos you get in every wedding photo package:

1. The bride’s dress hanging up in a doorframe

2. The bride getting her makeup caked on, wearing a fluffy robe with “Mrs-to-be” on it, clutching a glass of Prosecco.

3. A close-up of the rings.

4. “The lads” doing something zany like carrying the groom lying down.

5. Some little bridesmaid or pageboy brat doing something irritating.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I hate this! So corny.

2. The bride getting her makeup caked on, wearing a fluffy robe with “Mrs-to-be” on it, clutching a glass of Prosecco.

I also hate when people, immediately after the ceremony, go on Facebook and update they are now 'Mr and Mrs X" like is a Facebook update really a priority right then?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Pictures of people's backs, feet, hands etc (especially kids). I get their privacy needs protecting but then don't bother, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Like e.g grace Beverley, she's a millionaire but is not embarrassed to sell things like dirty old trainers that 'just need a bit of a clean' on her depop for like 50 quid 🤣 just give it to charity you moron
Yes exactly!!

Or why not do a nice little giveaway for your followers, you know those poor people that actually support you and make all these freebies possible in the first place!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I hate this! So corny.

I told my photographer I specifically didn’t want these photos and she was like, “…oh.” She still took a photo of my shoes at the beach (????). I’ve not printed that one 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I hate this! So corny.

I have a family wedding coming up and oh god, I know these photos will all be happening and it’ll be my kid being irritating.

Also: wedding hashtags. Absolutely loathe them.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I also hate when people, immediately after the ceremony, go on Facebook and update they are now 'Mr and Mrs X" like is a Facebook update really a priority right then?!
There is a bloke on my Facebook who has been dating a girl for a few months and he is proper Jeremy Kyle loads of kids and they are getting married next year but refers to her as wife now
Taking ‘the wife’ out for dinner and drinks status was put on on Saturday
She isn’t your wife yet!!
Just really annoys me don’t know why!!

How about just be boyfriend/girlfriend and enjoy getting to know one another
(Although I highly expect there will be a new bird in a few years)

Reactions: 5
I hate this! So corny.

Fully agree! I hate any sort of cheesy cliché like this. Just because someone else did them, it doesn’t mean you have to 🤢

I told my photographer I specifically didn’t want these photos and she was like, “…oh.” She still took a photo of my shoes at the beach (????). I’ve not printed that one 😂
The wedding shoes shot!! I forgot about that one.

I asked our wedding photographer for as few staged shots as possible. I find them so cringeworthy. Most of them are more candid (I also despise that word) which reminds me of the day more than a load of staged lineups of Aunty Edith and co.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Talking of counting things.
I've just seen a post of a girl breast feeding, not sure why you'd photograph that, nothing against it, but anyway. She captioned it "18 months of feeding you"
Right. Your baby is 18 months old. Good to know...

• Haha
I don’t know why this annoys me but it just does lol - there’s someone on my Facebook who often goes to weddings, hen-do’s and parties but always uploads about 50+ pics after. She must spend the majority of her night just taking random pics?

Reminds me of when people used take an actual camera out with them on nights out 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 12
"Tell me it's the school holidays without telling me it's the school holidays"

"Tell me ******* without telling me *******" posts in general

• Haha
Reactions: 21
This tragic font. Do people have a special app that they type into and then copy and paste stuff across? Bizarre behaviour. Seek help.

09-ECFEF0-A99-D-4-FD2-AA2-A-068224-FAB574.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.