Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really donā€™t like when someone announces their engagement on social media and someone posts ā€˜itā€™s about time!ā€™

I donā€™t know why, it just feels try-hard. Especially when they tag the partner who proposed!

Reactions: 6
I really donā€™t like when someone announces their engagement on social media and someone posts ā€˜itā€™s about time!ā€™

I donā€™t know why, it just feels try-hard. Especially when they tag the partner who proposed!
something I have noticed recently, semi related to this, is people posting albums of weddings (not their own) with "(name) wedding 2022" (doesn't this imply the couple/one of them will have another wedding at a later date :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5

To follow on from thisā€¦ when people announce an engagement or pregnancy online and someone will always say ā€œSo glad the news is finally out there!ā€ Or ā€œYay! Congratulations again!ā€ Letting every other friend know that they are a *better* friend for knowing before the public announcementā€¦ šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Some of you will remember that Iā€™ve previously posted about the annoying girl from my hometown who posts like a world-famous influencer, even though she has 1200 followers.

She is currently on holiday and every morning we are treated to a detailed summary of the previous day on her IG stories. Not just images - there are paragraphs of text on each story too, detailing what they did and how they felt. This morning, it looked like this:

View attachment 1431253

It is absolutely unbearable. There are all these hideous self-reverential comments on the stories as if sheā€™s some massive big deal that the entire world revolves around (ā€œWe got chatting to a couple at the bar (because of course we did!)ā€).

Her grid posts seldom push 60 likes so she must know that very very few people actually care?! The odd selfie is enough without this weird Insta reality show of your bloody holiday. Seek help!
Itā€™s still happening!!!

0-DD5-ED61-13-AD-4-F95-985-F-78-E48-DBE3-FE4.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
80C22C5E-0A36-4CB4-A818-37EA75521C2C.jpeg

Basically everything about this tweet. Competitive under-spending on a wedding and expecting applause for it. Which, as you can see, she got šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1446466

Basically everything about this tweet. Competitive under-spending on a wedding and expecting applause for it. Which, as you can see, she got šŸ¤£
The time to do this is a privilege though, and these costings donā€™t account for the masses of time spent on it! Also flowers free from a publishing party? How many people can do that! Save money by simply being gifted bouquets of flowers dahlings x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
The time to do this is a privilege though, and these costings donā€™t account for the masses of time spent on it! Also flowers free from a publishing party? How many people can do that! Save money by simply being gifted bouquets of flowers dahlings x
The flowers look like a dusty decoration you'd find on a wall in some twee tea room.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The borrowed make up is probably my favourite part. I hate women who virtue signal about never wearing make up. I suffered with acne for decades and have the scarring to prove it. I wish I could go bare faced and not look like complete tit but sadly that isnā€™t the case.

Wear make up, donā€™t wear make up šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø But borrowing someone elseā€™s for your wedding day is just rank šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 18
all day today has been people posting on their social media photos of their children "first day of year 1 (or whatever class) versus last day" with crying emojis, accompanied by "they grow up so fast" blablabla
I was just coming here to say something similar. My thumbs are ready to hit that "mute" button on any friend's page that posts more than 1 "back to school" photo of their kid. I know for a fact that parents who do this are already part of 1) Parent FB groups, 2) Parent group chats 3) Family group chats 4) Family shared photo albums. So they hit their target audiences but just need those extra likes from everyone else on their social media platforms. This is actually why I unfollowed a bunch of acquaintances on Intagram.

Reactions: 3
Sunbathing legs .. no torso, no head, just legs. Unless you have a particularly stunning set of pins they just look like sausages. Sorry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
A lady I used to know appears to be doing a day by day post for the school holidays with several pics.

Day 13; trip to seaside, dodged several hungry seagulls. Everyone home safe!

Day 14; Road trip, zip wires and ice creams!

Ffs. Literally not a single soul cares love

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not even a week in the summer holidays but Iā€™m so sick of seeing peopleā€™s kids with a massive paragraph about how loved they are.
Youā€™re their parents youā€™re supposed to love them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Not even a week in the summer holidays but Iā€™m so sick of seeing peopleā€™s kids with a massive paragraph about how loved they are.
Youā€™re their parents youā€™re supposed to love them.
Also.... Tell your child that not Facebook!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.