Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a mum on social media I had to unfollow because she would constantly post photos with braggy captions about how she’d succeeded against the odds despite having her husband abandon them and having a disabled child. Bragged about putting herself through uni and buying a house.

Not much is ever said about having incredibly rich parents who bankrolled the entire thing, including a nanny.
An old workmate is like this, endless posts on social media about her severely disabled daughter. Her partner was immensely rich & abandoned them when he found out their daughter had severe disabilities ( the lowest of the low) though he's provided money for them to the tune of multi millions - and a big house in Wiltshire..... never misses an opportunity to post " life's so hard.... All these demands, etc " ( while having live in 24/7 care for the daughter, 5 or 6 holidays a year to Dubai etc " recharge the batteries" a Range Rover " needed for essential transport " - her daughter is completely housebound on a gurney ) and all that old fanny.
The cynical in me would think that all this lifestyle is now provided because of the daughters condition........

Reactions: 7
^ What the heck is a TERF? - On second thought, don't answer this, I don't want to know.

Reactions: 4
I basically hate any posts on social media about children, it is becoming worse and worse, no one cares about your child's tantrum or first day at school, save it for the whatsapp group with people who care
A friend constantly posts about her child. One minute she's acting like the first woman to have a child and the next she wants advice.

• Haha
^ What the heck is a TERF? - On second thought, don't answer this, I don't want to know.
A TERF is a woman who believes that biological sex is real, and men who say they feel like women aren’t really women.

Lots of people are TERFs without even knowing. Fancy that!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Guests on Desert Island Discs who choose their children’s “music” as one of their choices. It’s always absolute shite, and so nepotistic.

• Haha
Guests on Desert Island Discs who choose their children’s “music” as one of their choices. It’s always absolute shite, and so nepotistic.
That Bruno song from a Disney film can get in the bin too. I feel bad for parents having that on repeat, worse than the Frozen song.

It's not even a good bloody song!

To keep my mini rant on thread; adult superfans of Disney on SM, wow, they spend a lot of money on a lot of tat!

Reactions: 13
To keep my mini rant on thread; adult superfans of Disney on SM, wow, they spend a lot of money on a lot of tat!
I work with one of those. She’s currently on a countdown to her 2nd yearly pilgrimage out of three she does with her husband.

I don’t think there’s a thing in the gift shops she hasn’t got cups, glasses, hats, teddy’s and she’s got a room dedicated to the ears you can buy.

I feel awful sometimes because she’s a lovely woman but it’s like it’s her personality. Plus having to look interested at her million and one snaps of her & her husband’s photos of them meeting the cast really tests my Botox.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Every mother is now a mama. No matter how many kids people have they refer to "My little family". It isn't cute.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
That Bruno song from a Disney film can get in the bin too. I feel bad for parents having that on repeat, worse than the Frozen song.

It's not even a good bloody song!
That parent is me 😂 I think I’m getting a bit of Stockholm syndrome with it now.

• Haha
That parent is me 😂 I think I’m getting a bit of Stockholm syndrome with it now.
It's put me off ever watching the film! God speed, here's hoping the fad passes quickly and the next song is no where near as annoying for you!

Reactions: 1
Every mother is now a mama. No matter how many kids people have they refer to "My little family". It isn't cute.
Oh I hate this.

“You got this, mama.”

URGHHHHH.

Even worse is “mumma.” Makes me think of medieval mime artists

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Probs mentioned before but random people with about 10 followers filming themselves putting their weekly shop away into 100 different containers. And it’s always crap food too. What’s the point in putting cans of coke in can holder, or cheese strings in a little basket in the fridge?
And don’t get me started on emptying pasta into a glass jar or even worse persil washing pods into a sweetie jar 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I have one on FB who is obsessed with Hello Kitty, spends her money on tat and whinges about being skint.

People who've never heard of Google or FB search.

Reactions: 3
A trans exclusive radical feminist.

A TERF is a woman who believes that biological sex is real, and men who say they feel like women aren’t really women.

Lots of people are TERFs without even knowing. Fancy that!
You can be a TERF all you want I’m just sick of seeing them in my space on social media as a trans person. I don’t care what you do.

Last edited:
You can be a TERF all you want I’m just sick of seeing them in my space on social media as a trans person. I don’t care what you do.
You posted on Tattle for the first time in over 18 months just to call out TERFs. If you really believed that women are entitled to free speech and thoughts you wouldn’t have done that.

And before anyone starts telling me to go back to the Gender thread, don’t worry, I won’t be posting on the topic in this thread again ✌

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You posted on Tattle for the first time in over 18 months just to call out TERFs. If you really believed that women are entitled to free speech and thoughts you wouldn’t have done that.

And before anyone starts telling me to go back to the Gender thread, don’t worry, I won’t be posting on the topic in this thread again ✌
‘Things you are sick of seeing on social media’ seems like a reasonable place to give my opinion on what I’M (key word there) sick of seeing.

I love how you put words in my mouth and assumed I said women can’t have free speech because who said that? I spent 21 years of my life being seen as a woman, and I still am seen as a woman.

One of my best friends online is a terf; do I care? Not particularly; our values even align in certain aspects. But I, personally, am sick of seeing terfs in MY space on social media. As a trans person, I deserve to exist online without the worry of hatred coming my way every time I log on.

Be a terf all you want; I don’t have to see it, and I’m allowed to say I’m sick of seeing it.

(Brave of you to assume that because I haven’t posted in 18 months means I haven’t been here; I have. It’s called having nothing to say on any of the topics.)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.