Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping ring Hermes.
LOL!!! You've clearly never tried contacting Hermes! (Absolute shitshow, no help at all!)

You don't try and contact the courier though, you contact the supplier you bought off. I try and avoid Hermes at all costs!

Reactions: 3
I want to know the name of the Influencer!
She's not hugely famous/well known to the point some other beauty gurus are in here but ive followed her account her for years, right from the beginning asI am around the same age group and was relatable in her content.

Her user name is @nikkissecretx
she was also on a series of Glow Up on BBC

Reactions: 1
Antivax posts. If you don’t want the vaccine, fine, your choice, but no need to constantly go on about it. I’ve just seen a post calling people who choose to have it selfish because they’re damaging futures of children?? Calling me selfish for making a choice about my own body isn’t going to make me respect or want to listen to your view.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She's not hugely famous/well known to the point some other beauty gurus are in here but ive followed her account her for years, right from the beginning asI am around the same age group and was relatable in her content.

Her user name is @nikkissecretx
she was also on a series of Glow Up on BBC

Omg yes!

People already asking what time the Asda etc shut on Christmas Eve or whether the shops are open Boxing Day. There’s a big bloody sign outside the shops that says their open times! Go and look at it Sharon and stop expecting Maureen to give you the Asda festive opening times

• Haha
Reactions: 19
When someone goes missing and there's comments saying "shared (name of area)" am I completely missing a logical reason that people do this or is it just pointless? Saw one today where a second appeal was done for the same missing person and people were saying "shared (area) again" because they already did it on the first post 🤯

An old friend of mines Dad went missing over 3 months ago and I agree with above, along with people saying stuff along the lines of "let's get him home safe, keep looking for him" when he'd been missing for 8 weeks. He's not a 12 year old hiding out a mates place, the harsh reality is, he's not going to be found safe/alive now unfortunately. It's a horrid situation, but I'm appalled at some of the thoughtless comments and showy "I'm so great for sharing this/I checked a ditch" commentary.

Reactions: 5
An old friend of mines Dad went missing over 3 months ago and I agree with above, along with people saying stuff along the lines of "let's get him home safe, keep looking for him" when he'd been missing for 8 weeks. He's not a 12 year old hiding out a mates place, the harsh reality is, he's not going to be found safe/alive now unfortunately. It's a horrid situation, but I'm appalled at some of the thoughtless comments and showy "I'm so great for sharing this/I checked a ditch" commentary.
And sometimes people disappear on purpose, running away from an abusive situation, and they want to be left alone and definitely not tracked down!

Reactions: 9
When someone goes missing and there's comments saying "shared (name of area)" am I completely missing a logical reason that people do this or is it just pointless? Saw one today where a second appeal was done for the same missing person and people were saying "shared (area) again" because they already did it on the first post 🤯
Sometimes it's genuine care, other times people just want to be part of the spectacle. It's interesting sometimes lurking in the Web sleuths forum and seeing people try to solve the mystery by playing detective.

Reactions: 2
When someone hasn't been online for a few years and people still write happy birthday on their wall. Why?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
People looking for validation for every little life choice they want to make. I just saw a woman post in a group of thousands of people asking if she should make a roast on Christmas Day, or have it on Christmas Eve so she can not be in the kitchen all day and have leftover meat on pizza (which is what her kids have requested for Christmas dinner). Like really?? FFS who gives a tit? If that’s what you want to, just bloody do it. How much attention do you need??

• Haha
Reactions: 17
People looking for validation for every little life choice they want to make. I just saw a woman post in a group of thousands of people asking if she should make a roast on Christmas Day, or have it on Christmas Eve so she can not be in the kitchen all day and have leftover meat on pizza (which is what her kids have requested for Christmas dinner). Like really?? FFS who gives a tit? If that’s what you want to, just bloody do it. How much attention do you need??
I mean why doesn’t she just do what she wants and what suits everyone in her actual REAL life best .
It’s bleeping weird man

When someone hasn't been online for a few years and people still write happy birthday on their wall. Why?
There’s a lad from school I’ve not spoken to in 15 years on my fb.I went over to his house once when I was 16 and never seen him since ,we don’t even live in the same county but he’s wrote happy bday on my fb for the past 15 years .I appreciate the gesture and all that but I do wonder why .I don’t even use my fb other than for messenger

Reactions: 5
Blatant denial! Particularly Instagrammers making whole Instagram accounts dedicated to something they "don't care about." My explore page keeps showing me abanach11 who makes almost daily videos about how she is absolutely FINE with the fact that her boyfriend hasn't proposed yet and she doesn't care at all. And it's like, okay, so, why do you feel the need to keep telling us that you're fine with it, you're clearly not?! Same with instagrammers who constantly talk about how great it is to be single... okay but why do you go on about it so much and so aggressively ? Seems like blatant denial to me and just so fake!

Reactions: 2
Blatant denial! Particularly Instagrammers making whole Instagram accounts dedicated to something they "don't care about." My explore page keeps showing me abanach11 who makes almost daily videos about how she is absolutely FINE with the fact that her boyfriend hasn't proposed yet and she doesn't care at all. And it's like, okay, so, why do you feel the need to keep telling us that you're fine with it, you're clearly not?! Same with instagrammers who constantly talk about how great it is to be single... okay but why do you go on about it so much and so aggressively ? Seems like blatant denial to me and just so fake!
Agreed, there is one influencers I followed who kept going on about being happy single, focusing on themselves, even answered questions for people on the good side of being single etc. Literally a couple months after got into a long term relationship?! So much for staying single for a while lol

Reactions: 1
Elf on the shelf. My daughter mentioned it last year as some of the children in her class had it, I said absolutely no way. I’ve got more than enough to do, I don’t understand the need to think up ’ weird and whacky’ ideas for the elf to do, take photos and then brag about it on social media. Just no.

People that ask for present ideas two days before Christmas ( actually this for the things that annoy you thread but I’ll just leave it seeing as I’ve typed it ) 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.