Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the small businesses on tin toes posting just about the same exact stories about horrible customers trying to do chargebacks or sending cheeky messages etc. Most of the accounts look like they hardly get any orders so it's unlikely they've had that many terrible customer, and the stories are all so similar that it's obviously bull anyway. Yet people still soak it up and comment about how amazing the small business is etc.
Yes! I think the phenomenon is called a “justice boner” 🤣 People just LOVE hearing about these awful customers, trying to scam a poor small business owners, getting their comeuppance.

Reactions: 1
All the small businesses on tin toes posting just about the same exact stories about horrible customers trying to do chargebacks or sending cheeky messages etc. Most of the accounts look like they hardly get any orders so it's unlikely they've had that many terrible customer, and the stories are all so similar that it's obviously bull anyway. Yet people still soak it up and comment about how amazing the small business is etc.

Also the ones where a customer messages them saying they've been saving all year to buy one of the products, and now their friend/family members/whoever is going through a tough time so now they've saved enough they're going to buy a product for them instead. Small business owner then gives them a freebie, loads of comments saying how kind they are etc.

I don't know why all these are always on my fyp but they give me so much rage it's actually ridiculous
I’ve run a not so small e-commerce business for a few years and I could genuinely write a book about the number of scummy customers I’ve had to deal with 😆

EBay customers seem to be the worst and it does increase in magnitude in the lead up to Christmas.

There genuinely are some thick cunts out there who shouldn’t be allowed on the internet unsupervised!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Linkedin is now full of people documenting their weight loss stories....! Not interested that Brendan from accounts has lost 4 inches off his waist from #hiking

This morning, there was a lady who posted that her partner had died suddenly that day (which is tragic) & saying she is not replying to emails. Why would you post that on LinkedIn, also setting an out of office covers it.

Also, this time off year, endless people showing off corporate Christmas gifts

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Same with people donating blood. Always comes with the standard picture of them sitting in the chair smirking up at the camera smugly
saw this on my feed tonight 😂 by the same girl who always does it. Accompanied by the obligatory picture of the canal in her arm, and usually a humble brag about whatever number donation she's on and the free biscuits

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
When people get engaged and their IG content becomes all about the engagement.

There is this influencer I've been following for 12 years now. She and I have the same age and I remember how much I related to her because she was single all throughout her twenties. She met someone last year and got engaged fairly recently. Ever since, she's only been posting about her engagement. She's posted four back to back pictures on her grid all relating to this engagement (one of her kissing her fiancé with the ring on display, one with her fiancé with the caption "I said yes", one saying "My soulmate" and another couple picture captioned "My fiancé ❤ "). Her stories are full of the same kind of engagement-related content (her left hand must be tired lol).

For years, she said she was fine with being the "independent" kind, but suddenly, her content is all about her engagement. I get it, she's happy because she's perhaps been waiting for this for ages, but every single post / story is about the engagement - a bit much?

I don't know, perhaps I'm a bitter old maid.
There is an influencer I have followed for years too who now she is recently engaged, is all soppy posts about her partner/engagement and what grates on me the most is this stupid baby voice she puts on when she is with him and acts generally like an incapable child, not a full grown adult. I thought I was just bitter at first but she posted the other day how she had people DM'ing her saying the same thing to her and worse 😂

People saying reef instead of wreath 😫🤣
same with 'brought' when they mean 'bought', eg: 'I brought it from missguided' ARGHHH!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Why do you need to know the personal details of your local courier driver? I get some are self employed, but they work for Hermes... bleeping ring Hermes.

You order item, You have a contract with that vendor. Call them, If you want, bell Hermes.. At no point do you need "Daves" personal number.

Reactions: 5
Aaghhh this has just reminded me of the other month, I put a relatively modern double bed up on a helping each other group on Facebook. I wasn't asking anything for it because I just wanted it gone. One side of it was a bit damaged, and I had a new one was on the way, I just said whoever can come the soonest to collect can have it.

I got absolutely loads of messages off people with big dramatic sob stories, not being rude but your son being disabled/current living situation/pregnancy/fridge contents has nothing to do with me. Yeah that's sad and I hope it gets better for you but its completely irrelevant. Also all the people asking if I'll deliver it for free, deliver it for a cost, can they have the mattress too, can I hold it for X amount of time whilst they sort their house out. NO. IT IS A FREE BED. READ THE DESCRIPTION.

The people who did come to collect it I did feel sorry for. It was a pregnant teenager, with her dad and grandad. Not being awful but they all smelled really bad and were a bit unkempt, arrived in a really scruffy bashed up van and the girl said wow this apartment building is like a hotel. All my sympathy for the situation went out of the window when her dad started swanning about my apartment telling me he expected the interior to be bigger and better based on the location/cost of the area?!?!!?!?!! Also then he started saying how he used to have an apartment which was bigger, better and had a better view than mine in a similar location but sold it cos he didn't like it anymore 😂 It just made no sense at all. I completely understand that I am in a very fortunate position and they seemingly are not, and what he was doing was more than likely trying to reaffirm in his own head he was just as great, which I have had people do before in my home, just in more subtle ways. If he hadn't have started carrying on like that I wouldn't have thought any more of them, and I would've been happy giving away more used furniture, but now I just take it to the recycling centre because I don't have the time to deal with all the nonsense which comes along with people

So long story short: I hate people who use social media to give unsuspecting strangers a big sob story and I also hate how social media has normalised giving randomers the confidence to swan around having vocal opinions on everything
Ughhhh yes ! Start of my maternity this happened to me with a walker and a bag of baby grows.
M the woman kept messaging me every week with no manners literally just ‘any more free stuff’ it just put me off !

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I'm always suspicious of people and their sob stories asking for free stuff. Maybe I'm a terrible person.

There's someone on my local town's page, who's posted about three times now saying she's taken in her nieces and nephews and has lots of kids herself. The kids had nothing so she needed clothes for particular ages etc etc. She was overwhelmed with offers. Then she needed an iPhone for one of the nephews, "just wondering" if anyone had one to sell. Budget was £50 and they'd have to deliver because she'd recently had a stroke. Now it's "can anyone keep an eye out for a chest of drawers... please no one buy one for me..." She had at least three offers of free drawers and accepted them all 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I'm always suspicious of people and their sob stories asking for free stuff. Maybe I'm a terrible person.

There's someone on my local town's page, who's posted about three times now saying she's taken in her nieces and nephews and has lots of kids herself. The kids had nothing so she needed clothes for particular ages etc etc. She was overwhelmed with offers. Then she needed an iPhone for one of the nephews, "just wondering" if anyone had one to sell. Budget was £50 and they'd have to deliver because she'd recently had a stroke. Now it's "can anyone keep an eye out for a chest of drawers... please no one buy one for me..." She had at least three offers of free drawers and accepted them all 👀
I've seen a woman on a local page who has about 5 kids quite close in age but is constantly on the scrounge for things you'd think she'd already have, like a baby gym, clothes toys, changing bag, pushchair etc. And she always wants it delivered. Just before the birth of her last baby she was after a birthing ball but she couldn't collect as she was too pregnant.

Same woman also asked for some Christmas wrapping paper to be donated and brought to her house last year and a Christmas tree this year. Someone is obviously giving her stuff because she keeps asking!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
"Instead of sending Christmas cards this year, I'm donating to charity". Can you not do it quietly?
or show your donation!
the cynic in me feels a lot of people just say they're doing this but really they just cant be arsed to do cards!
After speaking to an older relative recently whos not on social media they were saying how much they enjoy receiving cards and that people think of them. last year they were concerned about a friend as they
who hadnt had a card from them and they were worried about them. it made me think when people do this some past recipients wont always know they arent doing them and will think theyve either upset them or theyve died!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There is an influencer I have followed for years too who now she is recently engaged, is all soppy posts about her partner/engagement and what grates on me the most is this stupid baby voice she puts on when she is with him and acts generally like an incapable child, not a full grown adult. I thought I was just bitter at first but she posted the other day how she had people DM'ing her saying the same thing to her and worse 😂

same with 'brought' when they mean 'bought', eg: 'I brought it from missguided' ARGHHH!
I want to know the name of the Influencer!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I saw a treacly "my husband inspires and motivates me to be better in every way! He is powerful and legendary" (yes, she really used those words) from someone on my social media earlier and I wanted to throw up. And I say that as someone who considers myself a romantic, I have been known to use epithets such as "cuddly noodle" and "angel on earth" for my fiancé

When people decide to sell their house and post the RightMove listing on social media, saying “Please share!”

What? Who on earth has ever bought the house of someone on their Facebook friends list? The worst kind of low-key bragging out there.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.