Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got shouted at by a group of young folk on the tube once for wearing a baseball cap, they ripped into me saying I was disrespecting their culture.

It was a proper scooby doo moment like 'huh?' followed by head scratch
I don’t believe this happened

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t believe this happened

It did happen. Up to you whether you believe or not, I'm not going to try and convince you

Anyway back to social media annoyances: With a potential lockdown looming, I'm hoping not to see any more videos of health care professionals doing dance routines in hospitals etc. Even our dental surgery did a dance video! WTF!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Water companies making arse-clenchingly cringey videos about what not to flush down your toilet or pour down your drain. You can often see them tweeting about it or uploading the videos to YouTube. Usually accompanied by an awful "parody" of a currently popular song (or worse, an original song they got someone to write) and sewer workers dancing around waving plungers. They are AWFUL. I know someone that worked in PR for Thames Water and was involved in a campaign where they made one of these videos with a class of primary school children "rapping", she says it was the nadir of her career! They do it when there's leftover money in the budget that needs to be spent ...

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Attention seeking tweets by Julia Hartley Brewer. I've never followed her, yet I'm always seeing her trolling. 😂

Reactions: 1
People tagging themselves at being at the hospital with no context, either say why you're there or don't bother. Not that I care much in most cases.

Reactions: 16
People tagging themselves at being at the hospital with no context, either say why you're there or don't bother. Not that I care much in most cases.
Yes and when people ask them are they okay, they either say they'll PM them or ignore them. Attention seeking muppets.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
People suddenly appearing on social media after months of absence living their best life

Reactions: 5
Water companies making arse-clenchingly cringey videos about what not to flush down your toilet or pour down your drain. You can often see them tweeting about it or uploading the videos to YouTube. Usually accompanied by an awful "parody" of a currently popular song (or worse, an original song they got someone to write) and sewer workers dancing around waving plungers. They are AWFUL. I know someone that worked in PR for Thames Water and was involved in a campaign where they made one of these videos with a class of primary school children "rapping", she says it was the nadir of her career! They do it when there's leftover money in the budget that needs to be spent ...
Literally never seen one of these in my life

People that say 'X must be protected at all costs'

not even sure why but it really pisses me off
Always bleeping Attenborough

Reactions: 4
Pictures of people's poorly kids on Facebook. Latest one was a 7 year old nursing a sick bucket and half asleep on the settee. Why? If you must tell everyone that they're ill, why does it need an accompanying picture?! I'm sure kids of this age are aware of Facebook and are also at an age where they may feel embarrassed about having their photos plastered all over it.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
All the small businesses on tin toes posting just about the same exact stories about horrible customers trying to do chargebacks or sending cheeky messages etc. Most of the accounts look like they hardly get any orders so it's unlikely they've had that many terrible customer, and the stories are all so similar that it's obviously bull anyway. Yet people still soak it up and comment about how amazing the small business is etc.

Also the ones where a customer messages them saying they've been saving all year to buy one of the products, and now their friend/family members/whoever is going through a tough time so now they've saved enough they're going to buy a product for them instead. Small business owner then gives them a freebie, loads of comments saying how kind they are etc.

I don't know why all these are always on my fyp but they give me so much rage it's actually ridiculous

• Haha
People who post tit like 'anyone know what time Tesco closes?' when it has taken more time to type and post that than it would have to go and google Tesco's opening times and when what they're asking is not secret knowledge 🥴

People who's career is their only flex. I have one friend on fb who in every single post, and I mean literally every post, has to casually drop in that did we know she's a qualified X? I have the same degree as her and have exactly the same job/career and honestly its odd. She gets for a meal out/wedding/holiday and has to caption it with something like 'wow can you believe im not in X', 'shall I answer work emails 👀', or will somehow link it back to work when there is absolutely zero connection at all.

sorry, rant over 😂

People who announce loudly how much they have donated to charity or what charitable acts they have done recently, and I dont mean the sort that requires publicity such as sponsored events but people that feel the need to declare that they gave a homeless person £20 and. sandwich and went out their way to do so blah blah.. surely the whole point of charity is that you do it cos you want to, for the greater good of others less fortunate than yourself, not so you can get clout on the internet

Reactions: 9
People who announce loudly how much they have donated to charity or what charitable acts they have done recently, and I dont mean the sort that requires publicity such as sponsored events but people that feel the need to declare that they gave a homeless person £20 and. sandwich and went out their way to do so blah blah.. surely the whole point of charity is that you do it cos you want to, for the greater good of others less fortunate than yourself, not so you can get clout on the internet
Same with people donating blood. Always comes with the standard picture of them sitting in the chair smirking up at the camera smugly

• Haha
Anti vaxxers or anti science posters. So many on my social media, no idea where they all came from 😂 Or those conspiracy theory posters who don’t explain what they post and just say ‘you’ll see’. WHAT WILL I SEE, CHARLOTTE?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
People bragging they broke the rules last Christmas by mixing when they shouldn't or whatever and are now glad since the whole christmas party and photo scandal because "they knew" ermm no you still did it regardless 🤣 i honestly don't give a tit that they did, just annoying getting on their high horse and basically looking for attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.