Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sick of mums who post their unwell children on social media, going on about how tough it is when they are poorly. I'm not sure if they're looking for praise or some kind of award, why can't their child have the dignity of privacy. Some people use parenting as content rather than just getting on with it. If I'm not well the last thing I want is a camera shoved on my face and I certainly would never have pestered my ill children when they were younger. Let's be honest if youre6a decent parent, your priority is yo look after your child, not take pictures of them being sick then posting on social media

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Sick of all the youtube influencers and their disgusting manky brown orange tan hands after they fake tan.

Looks like they have wiped their arse with their hands.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Sick of all the youtube influencers and their disgusting manky brown orange tan hands after they fake tan.

Looks like they have wiped their arse with their hands.
LOL I'm glad it's not just me who thinks like this. Ellie Polly posted a vlog her hands were caked in fake tan excuse my language, it looked like she had shat in her hands and clapped

• Haha
Reactions: 8
LOL I'm glad it's not just me who thinks like this. Ellie Polly posted a vlog her hands were caked in fake tan excuse my language, it looked like she had shat in her hands and clapped
I’ve watched 4 videos this morningc every single one of them had the manky hands.

Ellie is the worst. Tans and uses the orange filter. Looking like an umpa lumpa these days

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’ve watched 4 videos this morningc every single one of them had the manky hands.

Ellie is the worst. Tans and uses the orange filter. Looking like an umpa lumpa these days
It always seems to be the oh so busy mummy vloggers that have all the time in the world to maintain fake tan, brows, lashes, botox , fillers, not to mention endless hair treatments. The rest of us meer mortals make do with fitting in the occasional haircut, when work, family and finances permit

People posting in massive groups things like “Settle a debate - does chocolate go in the fridge or the cupboard?”
Seriously?? If that’s your biggest concern then you need a life mate. Do whatever the bloody hell you want to do with your chocolate and stop attention seeking. Worse still is the 2000+ people who comment. As if the person is gonna go “oooh thanks random stranger I’ve never met, because you told me you keep yours in the fridge I will now change my entire perspective” Why can’t people just make a decision about their every day boring mundane life and get on with it?? Social media has a lot to answer for, some people can’t take a piss without expecting some attention for it now 🙄
Yeah 🤣 I hate this too , who gives a tit! or when they post a picture of a bread bun/bap/roll whatever and ask what its called Well obviously people are going to have different names for stuff depending on where they were brought up, again who gives tit!

Another thing when influencers do q&a and people aso their fav colour , food etc , honestly so bloody boring!

Reactions: 11
I’m so thankful for this thread. I will admit, I have been guilty for a few of the things mentioned ! I now don’t post on social media, and tbh it’s better for my mental health, I think I have a nice life / family etc. I’m watching a program about Instagram and it’s an eye opener . I’m actually cringing for myself and others /influencers, I actually feel embarrassed about Things I have posted over the years !

Reactions: 12
I’m so thankful for this thread. I will admit, I have been guilty for a few of the things mentioned ! I now don’t post on social media, and tbh it’s better for my mental health, I think I have a nice life / family etc. I’m watching a program about Instagram and it’s an eye opener . I’m actually cringing for myself and others /influencers, I actually feel embarrassed about Things I have posted over the years !
What is the program you are watching please would like to watch too

Reactions: 2
People who can't sleep, and the 1st thing they do is post on Facebook 'Can't sleep' ! 😫😫

• Haha
Reactions: 15
People that comment things like "great day with this one"

Hate "this one" idk why
A girl on my Facebook posts this yin or big yin when talking about her teenager or wee yin when talking about her toddler. Makes me want to scream just use the names you gave them!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't like seeing "Health at Every Size" stuff that makes the argument that there is no such thing as a healthy body weight, the BMI is "racist" etc. But especially annoyed today with someone posting that she had lost a lot of weight while told to follow a diet for pregnancy-related diabetes, but "I won't keep this thinner body, it's just not my set point." If you put on a lot of weight after your pregnancy it will be because YOU went back to bad eating habits

Reactions: 7
I don't like seeing "Health at Every Size" stuff that makes the argument that there is no such thing as a healthy body weight, the BMI is "racist" etc. But especially annoyed today with someone posting that she had lost a lot of weight while told to follow a diet for pregnancy-related diabetes, but "I won't keep this thinner body, it's just not my set point." If you put on a lot of weight after your pregnancy it will be because YOU went back to bad eating habits
Yeah exactly, I get people put on weight and get a "mum tum" after pregnancy but it's always an excuse , I know its not easy to loose weight after pregnancy due to change in lifestyle etc, I've got 2 kids I've been there but pregnancy doesn't make you put on weight for thr rest of your life.

Another thing I hate is skinny shaming , it seems to be more acceptable than fat shaming or "real women have curves" some people are naturally skinny and can't help it , i used to be and got called anorexic and all sorts in my teens and 20s , (in my 30s now and deffo not slim like I used to be)

I don't agree the mum tum is an excuse. I got mine from the scar tissue after an ectopic pregnancy. The scar tissue gets really hard and the stomach is kind of divided. My opinion though.

Reactions: 6
On ‘Mummy’ pages when women post ‘just out of curiosity who does my baby look like !? His mum or his dad xx’ and they post a pic of themselves all dolled up pouting, the Dad looking pissed off and the baby. I don’t give a duck who your baby looks like Gemma he looks like an alien, he’s 5 weeks old 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 19
On ‘Mummy’ pages when women post ‘just out of curiosity who does my baby look like !? His mum or his dad xx’ and they post a pic of themselves all dolled up pouting, the Dad looking pissed off and the baby. I don’t give a duck who your baby looks like Gemma he looks like an alien, he’s 5 weeks old 🤷‍♀️
The mums pic is usually so filtered she doesn’t look like herself, let alone her baby 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People who can't sleep, and the 1st thing they do is post on Facebook 'Can't sleep' ! 😫😫
Someone I know posts this on her story every night but according to stories during the day she's drinking coffee constantly 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.