Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Filters. Just filters. My sisters SIL uses them all the time, you'd think she was this glamorous woman with enormous lips and lashes, but meet her in real life and she's very ordinary looking. If you had only ever seen her on insta you wouldn't recognise her in real life. She's a paramedic and posted a pic of her at work with a filter on her face. If she had turned up to an emergency looking like that you'd have assumed she was on her way to a night out!

Oh and insta accounts for "things" and pets. The girl above has one for her dog and just started one for her house. She tags all her crappy B&M ornaments so we can copy her style. Which is pure grey.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Birthday posts of meaningless rubbish. Saw one today where the poster posted her own wedding album for her mums birthday ... :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People with no boundaries.

I opened LinkedIn yesterday and there was someone on my feed who posted a picture of herself with the caption: "I finally bought a vacuum - I feel so grown up".

It was one of those round autonomous vacuums. Who cares? LinkedIn is used for professional networking and job searching, not to post about your vacuums and fine china. Is this person going to post every single milestone to confirm she's made it? Smh.

Last edited:
When you get added to a group chat and it's everyone chatting between themselves

Reactions: 8
Social media pisses me off the most on Xmas day.

“Does anyone know if TK Maxx is open down industrial park”

it’s bleeping Christmas morning what do you bleeping think.

“Anyone know of any cheap plumbers that can come out ASAP”

Plumbers don’t come cheap the other 364 days of the year, they certainly aren’t going to be cheap at 08:09am on Xmas morning are they?

thick as duck man

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Social media babys in general. Privacy robbed from the first moment on, and that's just for starters, because then is goes on and on, every vlog or post is about that poor offspring and all the banal things he or she does. Cute to you, boring for everybody else.

Like people with animals in real life. Yeah, it's cute for a minute, but if 100% of every further conversation with you is always about that yapping thing on the floor, FO!

Ah, this felt good. I like this thread. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
I posted this in the last thread but I think it’s time to mention it again with all the people claiming that the Ghislaine trial is being suppressed by the “evil MSM”, when there are hundreds upon hundreds of mainstream articles about her case that are just a hop, skip and a jump away on Google News.

B21161-BE-89-BC-48-EF-9-F88-BB9724738-DBB.jpg

• Haha
When people get engaged and their IG content becomes all about the engagement.

There is this influencer I've been following for 12 years now. She and I have the same age and I remember how much I related to her because she was single all throughout her twenties. She met someone last year and got engaged fairly recently. Ever since, she's only been posting about her engagement. She's posted four back to back pictures on her grid all relating to this engagement (one of her kissing her fiancé with the ring on display, one with her fiancé with the caption "I said yes", one saying "My soulmate" and another couple picture captioned "My fiancé ❤ "). Her stories are full of the same kind of engagement-related content (her left hand must be tired lol).

For years, she said she was fine with being the "independent" kind, but suddenly, her content is all about her engagement. I get it, she's happy because she's perhaps been waiting for this for ages, but every single post / story is about the engagement - a bit much?

I don't know, perhaps I'm a bitter old maid.

Reactions: 11
People filming themselves reading out comments/fb status/twitter etc except they keep laughing. The comments usually aren't even that funny to begin with but they're made absolutely unbearable by some tiktok nobody wheezing laughing like an asthmatic dog while reading them out.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m sick and fed up of seeing that “I don’t know what’s in the vaccine but I don’t know what’s in KFC blah blah” copy and paste thing on Fb. Look I’m double vaxxed but putting that status up like others is just stupid and non comparable

• Haha
People posting pictures of their Sunday dinners and all their friends commenting "looks yummy". No it doesn't, it looks minging, the plate has too much on it, it looks like a plate of mush covered in far too much gravy 🤢

• Haha
I once saw a FB post containing an album called 'Nans funeral'. All pics of the funeral, the flowers, everyone standing around crying. They stopped short of posting a pic of the coffin, but seriously, come on.

Oversharing a sad situation in general irks me. A relatives mum got taken into hospital, was in intensive care, there were constant lengthy updates on FB, pics holding her mums hand etc.

Someone I vaguely know had a sibling that committed suicide, that was all over FB when they got the news 'oh god please tell me its not true, what have you done little sister, why did you do this? Why didn't you talk to us?' and on and on.

I guess they were hit by grief in each of these situations. I just don't understand the immediate need to plaster it all over social media, not sure if it's attention seeking or what. It's quite ghoulish. When I went through deep sudden grief, I could just about make it through each day, putting it out there on social media did not even occur to me.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I once saw a FB post containing an album called 'Nans funeral'. All pics of the funeral, the flowers, everyone standing around crying. They stopped short of posting a pic of the coffin, but seriously, come on.

Oversharing a sad situation in general irks me. A relatives mum got taken into hospital, was in intensive care, there were constant lengthy updates on FB, pics holding her mums hand etc.

Someone I vaguely know had a sibling that committed suicide, that was all over FB when they got the news 'oh god please tell me its not true, what have you done little sister, why did you do this? Why didn't you talk to us?' and on and on.

I guess they were hit by grief in each of these situations. I just don't understand the immediate need to plaster it all over social media, not sure if it's attention seeking or what. It's quite ghoulish. When I went through deep sudden grief, I could just about make it through each day, putting it out there on social media did not even occur to me.
I agree completely.

I have a couple of family friends on Facebook who (bless them) will post a status every other week saying how many days/weeks to the hour since their loved ones departed. I can understand a post after a few weeks, but 4.5 years later we are still getting updates as to how many days/months it has been. 😬

I don't wish grief on anyone but come on, stop with the counting.

• Wow

I don't know why your first thought when something like this happens would be to turn to Facebook?

When my Nanna died, I didn't post anything on Facebook, but my cousin did and she tagged the whole family into the post. I wasn't happy about that as I didn't want to plaster it all over Facebook. I didn't want to deal with people I wasn't particularly close to sending me condolences so soon after it happened. I also didn't agree with the pictures they put on of her when she was frail and ill. She would have been mortified that people had seen her looking like that😔

• Sad
Social media babys in general. Privacy robbed from the first moment on, and that's just for starters, because then is goes on and on, every vlog or post is about that poor offspring and all the banal things he or she does.
OMG as if, this is exactly what I came to post about. I follow an influencer called Florence Grace who has an adorable toddler son - fine, great. Every few months she'll stop sharing photos of his face and make a big deal of it, saying how she has to protect his privacy and there are creeps out there - agreed, yes, absolutely - I wouldn't be sharing any photos of my kid on an open insta, but at least you're covering his face I suppose. Then a few months later she starts sharing pics and videos of his face again! Then the whole cycle repeats 🙄🙄 today she's sounding off about it because some creepy duck is pretending to be her on tiktok and is sharing videos of her kid, which is undeniably absolutely out of order and completely creepy, but she herself has acknowledged this risk MULTIPLE TIMES and still goes back to sharing photos! I can guarantee this will happen again a few months down the line.
Bottom line - if you're an influencer with kids, do them a favour and keep them off the Internet!! There are creeps out there (not to mention the privacy aspect) and until the world is somehow magically free of them, the only way to keep your kids' images safe is to not share them on open pages with people you don't know!

Reactions: 7
I don't know why your first thought when something like this happens would be to turn to Facebook?

When my Nanna died, I didn't post anything on Facebook, but my cousin did and she tagged the whole family into the post. I wasn't happy about that as I didn't want to plaster it all over Facebook. I didn't want to deal with people I wasn't particularly close to sending me condolences so soon after it happened. I also didn't agree with the pictures they put on of her when she was frail and ill. She would have been mortified that people had seen her looking like that😔
Yeh that is really sad, taking away someone's dignity just for a bit of attention seeking. Plus like you say, people that hardly know you or barely knew your nan posting condolences, it's just not genuine

Reactions: 6
The virility with which straight white men will defend Elon Musk and other aloof billionaires on the internet.

2020-04-29-3.gif

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.