Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When people go & visit a loved ones grave … and post a picture of it !!!

When people say Happy Heavenly Birthday Mum/Dad etc they have died so aren’t able to reply on fb .. it’s just for attention & it makes me so mad. My dad died 5 years ago & his Facebook profile is still left on but I don’t write on it or anything .. a girl who I went to school with who had literally not seen him for 25 years posted Happy Heavenly Birthday on his page ..

People that do slimmingworld & do really well & are really motivational & at the time they themselves are very motivated & post stuff like never skip a workout , no excuses etc (I actually find it a bit toxic the whole kill yourself at the gym constantly thing.. no excuses or you are lazy blah blah) they lose loadsa weight & then they fall off plan & lack motivation & start gaining again & go very quiet eg keepingupwithkarla & slimmingworld_jsg was the same. The foodieslimmer lost 16 stone .. looked good .. gained 13 stone back in literally a year & has deleted everything off his insta from when he was successful.. I hate it when they do that & start a new journey
The ones who say "Happy birthday grandad, you would have been 104 today" when a) grandad never had Facebook when he was alive and b) he died 20 years ago! My cousin is terrible for doing this, every year we have an update on how old he grandad would be if he was alive.

The slimming ones annoy me when they bang on about clean living, going to the gym, being healthy, sharing slimming world recipes etc, then pile the weight back on but insist that they are now being true to themselves, there's nothing wrong with being curvy (which of course there isn't, but they spent the last year telling you that there is) and that slimming groups are a rip off!

Reactions: 15
The ones who say "Happy birthday grandad, you would have been 104 today" when a) grandad never had Facebook when he was alive and b) he died 20 years ago! My cousin is terrible for doing this, every year we have an update on how old he grandad would be if he was alive.
And happy heavenly birthday to my dog Fido. You would have been 12 today.
Yeuch!

Reactions: 3
What honest possesses people to post 24/25 pictures a year on Facebook of their bastard toy elf?

Bring back capital punishment!

Reactions: 12
People who post around their kids birthday ‘I can’t believe you’re gonna be 2 in 17 days 🥺🥺🥺 where has my baby gone’ then posts 29 pics of the kid

then 17 days later it’s a and just like ✨that✨ you are✨2✨ and they post all the pics again like fgs Sharon I seen all these 29 pictures of your kid eating a happy meal 17 days ago

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Gym “fits” 🤦🏼‍♀️ Bored of every single inch of society being so contrived. Fair enough if you want to make an effort for the gym but these gym shark ho’s have turned it into a fashion parade. Give me an oversized tee and leggings any day 😌 you’re not getting a free blimp of my bum whilst I’m squatting mate 🤪

Reactions: 19
People who've never heard of punctuation and quite clearly don't read their posts before hitting submit. And yes, I know people use screen readers, etc.

Reactions: 9
Any form of tacky announcements from babies to engagements.

Anyone announcing they have covid-19 ( no gives a ....)

Reactions: 5
✨ Me and mine ✨

merry Christmas from me and mine

happy Friday from me and mine

happy just putting up a pic for no reason from me and mine

what does it even mean?? Either way I don’t wanna see selfies of you and your fella constantly

• Haha
Reactions: 15
All the ways people try to make money over Christmas. Debbie from down the road dressing up as Elsa and going round to people's houses for £30 a pop. Phone 'Santa' on a premium number run by Graham and his wife Sandra round the corner.

And don't get me started on the amount of Christmas baskets, boxes, raffles, crappy homemade trinkets going around

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The mums who post those 'everyone mistakes us for sisters' pics of themselves and their daughter

No we don't.....especially when you've over done it with the filters.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
All the ways people try to make money over Christmas. Debbie from down the road dressing up as Elsa and going round to people's houses for £30 a pop. Phone 'Santa' on a premium number run by Graham and his wife Sandra round the corner.

And don't get me started on the amount of Christmas baskets, boxes, raffles, crappy homemade trinkets going around
There's a santa , elf , Grinch etc advertised near me and the santa is fake , as in , head made of foam like other characters if that makes sense 🤣 never seen anything like it , I don't see the point. Obviously most Santa's have a tack elasticated beard etc but at least their face is a real person so the kids can believe

Reactions: 2
There's a santa , elf , Grinch etc advertised near me and the santa is fake , as in , head made of foam like other characters if that makes sense 🤣 never seen anything like it , I don't see the point. Obviously most Santa's have a tack elasticated beard etc but at least their face is a real person so the kids can believe
I really want to see a pic that Santa!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Omg this bugs me aswell. Again along the same lines when they post “merry Christmas to you and yours” drives me nuts!!!

✨ Me and mine ✨

merry Christmas from me and mine

happy Friday from me and mine

happy just putting up a pic for no reason from me and mine

what does it even mean?? Either way I don’t wanna see selfies of you and your fella constantly

Reactions: 3
Omg this bugs me aswell. Again along the same lines when they post “merry Christmas to you and yours” drives me nuts!!!
Eek, you'd both hate me. Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and mine 😬. Only in cards though, never on social media...does that make it any better? 😆
My mum and Grandmother used to say it so I just naturally adopted it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Drrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaammyyy birth stories and “protective mama bear doesn’t want to share his name yet” also known as, waiting for peak engagement time to share but in the meantime here’s a bleeping video of him seconds old naked and screaming, not too protective to lash that on the grid for a few likes. I’m looking at you lifeonjacklane - for anyone who doesn’t follow her I think she’s won the 2021 award for most saccharine birth announcement on Instagram.
I have an irrational hatred for influencers who make an emergency c section sound like a dreamy idyllic family day out 😂

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.